Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
question about "experimental msgbox feature" msgbox
    #29647891 -

I have a question about the experimental message box system. I am trying to send out a group message using this feature:



Notice here I have the setting in account preferences toggled accordingly:



When I visit the feature I see this:







Here we both are: So far, so good.



However, when I try to use the feature and send a message I receive this error:



It is the same no matter which user name or #id, or how many: the error is always the same.

I noticed the "groups" hyperlink and clicked on it:



I am connected to the internet and have javascript enabled, as well as all necessary chromium flags, permissions, and cache/cookies.

I wonder is it just simply not working? Or am I doing something wrong. I'd love to take advantage of this lovely feature but I believe it will either merit a tutorial for me, a possible bug fix for the site, or both.

Thanks in advance to Shroomery staff for all your help and hard work. Sorry for the numerous requests!


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Edited by fiddle_head (08/15/26 05:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: question about "experimental msgbox feature" msgbox [Re: fiddle_head]
    #29648037 -

Msgbox had too many issues and is no longer supported. If you were already using it you can keep it enabled, but it's not available to new users. If you ever disable it in your options, the setting will disappear and it will stay permanently off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: question about "experimental msgbox feature" msgbox [Re: Ythan]
    #29648906 -

Thanks for the respone Ythan! Appreciative of everything you do.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: question about "experimental msgbox feature" msgbox [Re: Ythan]
    #29672481 -

Ythan said:
Msgbox had too many issues and is no longer supported. If you were already using it you can keep it enabled, but it's not available to new users. If you ever disable it in your options, the setting will disappear and it will stay permanently off.



But can't the top AI models zip through those issue now? Do you just not like threaded PMs?

Ythan said:
All replies need an explicit parent post to support threaded mode, that's why reply-to exists and can't be easily eliminated.



#27715815

And that reminds me of this long-standing issue: that some people would like to be able to post replies that don't have a username in their headers. Can't a hide-username function be coded for replies to first-posts?

Edited by s240779 (09/19/26 04:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* issue with image thumbnails in chromium Krishna 650 7 07/13/10 11:43 PM
by Cactusdan
* MsgBox
( 1 2 3 4 all )
jewunit 4,887 78 01/19/13 06:23 PM
by Sell Your Soul
* Flawed Experiment
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
afoaf 26,579 150 11/23/03 10:47 AM
by Anonymous
* question from OTD never answered
( 1 2 all )
Captain Jack 3,015 20 02/12/03 06:22 PM
by Senor_Doobie
* search feature megaman3 1,552 11 03/17/03 07:59 PM
by Anno
* BB upgrade problems, questions? Post here.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ThorA 12,293 69 01/22/03 02:34 PM
by goldtop
* Picture upload: new feature
( 1 2 all )
AnnoA 4,118 21 10/29/03 11:34 PM
by Starter
* "Search All Forums" feature.... boxtop703 920 4 01/25/03 01:43 PM
by Andytweed

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
64 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.