Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: pickle_jars] * 6
    #29659966 -

Syrenges made and cakes noc'd!





About half tamps and half wild cubes.


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: pickle_jars]
    #29659967 -

heh, and a quart sized cake would take a darned long time to colonize - somebody oughta maybe try a super-mega 999mL cake and see how long that would take to fruit.  I suppose one could noc coir in a jar with colonized grain, let ‘er rip and tap it out for fruiting. Could be an interesting experiment.


--------------------
Peace to you, friend!
The HHG is a guide to getting started.
New User Welcome Wagon
GROWER’S BEST photo contest: join the fun!
CAKE WARS III - Starts SEPT 1, 2026

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: pickle_jars] * 2
    #29659974 -

Ignoring my dishes to PC CW jars. :hi5:


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: JoeTherapist] * 3
    #29660071 -

Scemilope said:
Syrenges made and cakes noc'd!





About half tamps and half wild cubes.



I knew I needed another rack of half pints... Nice lineup, I'm trying to jump off some tamps myself, I do have a Mexicana culture currently who knows, Time will tell. 





JoeTherapist said:
Ignoring my dishes to PC CW jars. :hi5:



:liottalol:

Edited by MushLuvR77 (09/02/26 08:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 3
    #29660237 -

Spore prints stand ready
Canner weight gurgles slowly
Cake war has begun

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: flapping_bird] * 1
    #29660273 -

Jars are inoculated with my homemade GT spore syringe. Basic 2-1-1 BRF recipe with the dry verm layer on top.


--------------------
Even if you fail, success is the knowledge gained along the way.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: COgrower]
    #29660461 -

I noticed that my syringes were not pulling in liquid all the way. 20ml ones, one start getting air at around 10ml.

Am I doing something dumb? Or have they been PCed too many times in sterilization bags?


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 2
    #29660486 -


Refused to take no for an answer on the 8th cake. She's a lil lopsided, but she'll perform 🤘 lol. Hitting these with some agar wedge LI after work tonight.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29660504 -

I wish all of you GL in this cometition funguys, may the best cake win

:tipofthecap:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: flapping_bird] * 1
    #29660592 -

flapping_bird said:
yup that’s all fine, pickle_jars…its a cake in a cup, round thing, container.

HOWEVER, I absolutely draw the line at anything bigger than a 1000mL container though - we’re “growing small to have a ball” here!






--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder]
    #29660594 -

Is that a tub u pf tekd


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder]
    #29660595 -

Think I saw some recovery on my LC this morning 🤞 but I think I'm gonna still run another dozen cakes here. Gonna do a side by side for these ones. Same LC culture (think mac 118) but one set of cakes woru be standard brf, and the others will be bran instead of rice flour. BRF ain't cheap these days but bran is fairly affordable and easily obtained in bulk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29660600 -

Lwk my votes on pasty for this cw 😜


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29660603 -

Quote:
BRF ain't cheap these days



Bagged BRF can be expensive for sure, but isn't whizzing grocery store bulk brown rice in a cheap coffee grinder good enough? Am I missing something? Small bags of brown rice are $0.89 - 1.19/lb here, I just grind it as I go. :chainsaw: 5 lb bags of whole wheat flour might work out to a few cents cheaper per pound, but probably break even or worse considering electricity for the extra PC time. It's a cheap enough option that I don't bother with anything else for cakes/bottle growing. I still prefer wheat for spawning to bulk and rye for growing stones though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: pickle_jars] * 2
    #29660604 -

pickle_jars said:
Quote:
BRF ain't cheap these days



Bagged BRF can be expensive for sure, but isn't whizzing grocery store bulk brown rice in a cheap coffee grinder good enough? Am I missing something? Small bags of brown rice are $0.89 - 1.19/lb here, I just grind it as I go. :chainsaw: 5 lb bags of whole wheat flour might work out to a few cents cheaper per pound, but probably break even or worse considering electricity for the extra PC time. It's a cheap enough option that I don't bother with anything else for cakes/bottle growing. I still prefer wheat for spawning to bulk and rye for growing stones though.




Guess it all depends. Personally I've found coffee grinders do not get it as fine as I would prefer and after I burn the grinder out it's not much cheaper. But the big one for me was time. I just can't sit there grinding rice for ages. I want to mix the cakes up in 20 min amd get it all in the 75X inside 30 min.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29660606 -

bloodssonnew said:
Is that a tub u pf tekd



No, a regular PF TEK cake...

Hi BTW NICE TO SEE YOU DUDE.


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies]
    #29660610 -

Huskies said:
I noticed that my syringes were not pulling in liquid all the way. 20ml ones, one start getting air at around 10ml.

Am I doing something dumb? Or have they been PCed too many times in sterilization bags?



Sounds to me like the barrel might be deformed, I'd think if the luer or the plunger were leaking it'd be pulling air from the start.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 1
    #29660619 -

Huskies said:
I noticed that my syringes were not pulling in liquid all the way. 20ml ones, one start getting air at around 10ml.

Am I doing something dumb? Or have they been PCed too many times in sterilization bags?




I've had this with brand new syringes, I suspect it's more a clogging issue and if you pull hard enough the gas seal will become compromised. If it gets hard to draw, try shooting a little back in to clear the clog and retry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29660627 -

I just picked up a 50lb sack of Rice Bran for 20 bucks, super cheap since I do supplemented blocks in bags.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 2
    #29660652 -



Alright, they're cooking now. Once these finish, I'll throw the next batch in. Inoculation is tomorrow.

These are going in 340ml glasses with classic-ratio BRF and verm. But in a few days I might try another batch of BRF with coir, or swap the BRF for oat flakes/buckwheat — we'll see.

Damn, there's plenty of time until December 15th. You can try a million different things with the cakes before then.

Wishing you all great cakes! :heart:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Cakes are stalling! Help! Grower 1,606 11 05/07/01 09:55 PM
by BrownPastures
* abhorts on top of cake pleezr 991 2 01/14/02 05:43 PM
by pleezr
* Fucken with the cakes 2 (pic)
( 1 2 all )
Magash 3,071 22 10/31/02 11:22 PM
by Magash
* Re: a few questions about my cakes? Anonymous 791 2 12/05/99 04:58 PM
by Anonymous
* bluing cakes - please help! Mercuria 945 1 08/19/01 04:36 PM
by Lana
* transferring cakes...ideas? chunder 813 1 08/13/02 06:53 AM
by FanaTEK
* Re: Difference between cakes and harvest.
( 1 2 3 all )
lounge lizard 6,245 42 03/25/01 09:06 AM
by Anonymous
* cake disintegrated when picked up !! aenima 745 3 05/25/02 07:32 AM
by Iowa Rasta

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
7,551 topic views. 29 members, 319 guests and 130 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.