Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: BeefExtreme] * 2
    #29330128 -

BeefSupremeJr said:
Beefs Wheat Tek


EDIT 2/13/25

As is my custom, I'm updating again. As per Phenyl's comment at the end of this thread, I tried a batch on the drier side. I don't mean I dried it more, I mean i cooked it less.  As someone who is ALWAYS open to suggestion and willing to change, I found that it worked fucking great. Even less bursting, obviously, more breakability, same colonizing time. I love it, so this is how I'm doing it now.  I cook until maybe 25% of the grain still has that white looking endospore, but its still chewy.  I chew a few kernels always to make sure. If its crunchy, it needs more time. Just at that chewy point is where I'm finding the new gold. Amazing. Heres the best pictures I could possibly take of it.  I'm not going to update the whole thread with the newer pics because I think it still works fine with the more saturated kernels, but I do think the product is nicer with less cook time.




Glad this worked out for you. I was on meth when I wrote that, and many other comments on this website, so I'm happy it worked out for once haha

In my dumb testing my results suggest tentatively that (my) wheat can become a bit waterlogged and cause mycelium to stress out a la bacterial grain if it's really pushed to the limit


--------------------
The fool who persists in his folly will become wise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: phenyl] * 1
    #29330172 -

oh dear.  well.  i hope youre doing ok. that drug can be hard on folks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: BeefExtreme] * 3
    #29330197 -

BeefSupremeJr said:
oh dear.  well.  i hope youre doing ok. that drug can be hard on folks.



oh yeah I'm good turns out I'm not tougher than amphetamines but no harm done I didn't end up in the psych ward or jail just some weird forum posts and questionable fashion choices. I don't want to derail your thread but thanks for asking


--------------------
The fool who persists in his folly will become wise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: phenyl]
    #29330198 -

my threads are seldom on the rails.
youre strong for getting away from it. holler if you need anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29343539 -

Been having problems with wheat, your tek is perfect the whole rinsing it off after it cooks and then drying it again over a long period of time thing, instead of letting the hot steanm just evaporate and dry quickly pisses me off a bit... but I am sure it probably works... I might try to get myself to give this a try as around here we are limited in options. I ordered millet special but I like to use it as an intermediary to a bulkier grain... innoc a small pp cup of millet then use that to inoculate rye (No Rye in Peru yet this season) so wheat but I hate stickyness in my grain spawn with a passion. I don't want to touch it! I want to sprinkle it from my jar... I have been using barey mostly. Most reliable of everything that is cheap and available but not the most nutrtious so I am hoping to millet to wheate to sub... seriously I never used a faster technique than that... fucking rinsing the hot grains with cold water to then have to dry that water slowly.  Grrr alright I will try it! It will probably work great and if it does I will be doing it a lot which sucks all those extra drying times are going to add up... thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: Lennybernadino] * 1
    #29343734 -

anything worth doing is worth doing right.  i also hate sticky grains which is why we rinse it after cooking.  it really doesnt take long to dry in my dry climate--especially on the herb dryer-- but maybe its more damp in peru.  perhaps use a fan to move the air around?

yoshi no prep is a lot faster than this, but it does a quick dirty job where the bottom half of the jar is soggy and slimy.  does it work? heck yeah! its brilliant but its not how i do things.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29349197 -

Pillow cases work great for drying grains. I turn them inside out so the grains don't get stuck in the seams, then lay them out outside if I can or on a towel inside. Flip them a couple of times. I can boil wheat in the morning and pressure cook by evening with this method.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: Cubertrude]
    #29349932 -

thats excellent.  i have paint straining bags that would work well too but i really love my grain bone dry before i cook but thats just my own neurosises.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29350981 -

The pillow case acts as a wick and absorbs the excess moisture, adding a fan to blow across the pillow case helps the process, the towel acts as secondary wick. I roll the grains around in the case a few different times then kind of spread them relatively thin inside the pillow case (make them case flat)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: Cubertrude]
    #29351049 -

nice!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: phenyl] * 2
    #29390771 -

hi everyone.  finally made a companion video for this tek:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29539497 -

🤔

In essence Tek we're trying to keep it at juuuust gelatinization Temperature and cook it until it's fully done. Kinda counter to many others but it makes a ton of sense.

For wheat starch that's 60 - 75°C /140 - 165 f so a if you use a thermometer, immersion circulator or crockpot it'd take the vibes out of it.


--------------------
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29656078 -

Does the companion video for this tek still exist anywhere?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef's Wheat tek [Re: MoldGrower]
    #29656261 -

Glad I just came across this. I planned a grain run this week and I’ve been having some issues with inconsistencies, so I’m gonna give this a go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Beefs Beefy Tub Tek
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
BeefExtreme 18,282 157 08/23/26 09:38 PM
by FuN bAgZzZ
* bluhoney Start to finish tek bluhoney 6,252 13 04/05/02 12:20 PM
by SouthernGent
* Complete Professional Growing Tek
( 1 2 3 all )
bluhoney 24,254 43 04/15/24 05:10 PM
by stasis
* Some bulk teks for people too try bluhoney 7,654 5 09/06/02 04:50 AM
by goatywoaty
* WANTED wheat straw tek for site dimitri211 4,254 5 07/21/01 02:20 PM
by Anno
* Perlite-bed TEK Siphersh 1,311 3 07/29/03 10:42 AM
by jimsuzo
* Sterilizing poo in crockpot Gamera 898 5 08/04/05 03:58 PM
by MagicalMystery
* Hip's Bulk Tek
( 1 2 all )
Mklangelo 23,772 29 12/20/14 09:00 PM
by taGyo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
14,744 topic views. 12 members, 302 guests and 113 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 15 queries.