Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Loc: Continental United States
Hip's Bulk Tek
    #527991 - 01/22/02 06:55 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Screw the jars, they are a major pain in the ass. I'm gonna do Hip's bulk tek. The simplicity of it really appeals to me. I will be incorporating the cloning tek that uses the blender (there is no credit given in the document itself)

If anyone has used one or both of these teks, please let me know of any adaptations or problems you have had so I may avoid them.
Peace!

--------------------
[red] Life:[/red][blue] Live it foward, understand it backward...[/blue]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinequetzalcoatl
Stranger
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: Mklangelo]
    #528016 - 01/22/02 07:52 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

here ya go!! i did a quick back track for you. shit man i need the help too!!!!

http://shroomery.org/findorgrowthem.php?View=docs&doc=106

one.
quetzalcoatl

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: quetzalcoatl]
    #528056 - 01/22/02 09:03 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

quetzalcoatl, Thanks man but I already have the tek, just looking for those little tidbits that usually don't wind up in the tek, like little adaptations and such that folks have tried and tested before me.

Yeah, the jars are just too much trouble.

--------------------

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #528191 - 01/22/02 11:39 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

You mean things like the fact that it rarely works? The bags often leak, therefore causing contamination problems. Do some searches and you will find all the complaints. Even hip has admitted the problems with that tek.

It has been mentioned repeatedly and repeatedly that some of the teks really need to be removed. Nobody listens. A lot of the stuff in the Find/Grow section is simply wrong, incorrect or misleading. Please complain to the powers that be, they never listened to me in the past.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisiblePapa_Smurf

Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: mycofile]
    #528214 - 01/22/02 12:12 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I agree, this tek is CRAP. 3 of the 5 oven bags melted, and the others were so dried out that it didnt produce anything. Stick with what works, i.e. rye jars or something like that. They cost 7 bucks for 12 and are easily cleaned in your dishwasher.

--------------------
"Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything"

OfflineSurf Bum
    #528221 - 01/22/02 12:22 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe mix your ingredients excluding the water in the oven bags, bake them for awhile then inject sterile water into them...seems reasonable except for the bag melting thing...anyone know if you can PC just jars of water?

--------------------

InvisiblePapa_Smurf

#528567 - 01/22/02 08:33 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

well the whole point of the tek is simplicity and bulk, so when you start talking about injecting sterile water, you might as well just use another tek thats proven.

--------------------
"Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything"

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: Papa_Smurf]
    #528598 - 01/22/02 09:17 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'll bite papa, what is the bulk tek that produces consistant results in your experience? I'm looking for a tek here..

--------------------

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #528607 - 01/22/02 09:28 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This tek is a new version of BRF & vermiculite that is meant for agar instead of a syringe and involves old timers tek.

It is a very easy tek and after 36 consecutive jars with no problems I decided to share it.

The idea came from a tek posted by major millet using h2o2 and rye grain (berries) but rye grain can still be a little tricky for the beginner as agar can as well. This version is a way to use Agar and BRF & Vermiculite along with the ever faithful h2o2 (peroxide)

Supplies needed for step 1 are.

Pressure cooker (autocalve) if you have 1
1 flask 500ml or larger
MEA (malt agar extract)
1 sleeve petri dishes
1 inoculation loop
1 scalpel
Favorite spores.
Glove box (or oven)
Rubber gloves
Candy Thermometer
Clean oven mitt or a clean hand towel
Alcohol lamp (or gas stove top, cigarette lighter,etc?)

First we start with getting our MEA ready. Fill your flask (depending on size)with 500ml of water then add you MEA (about 25g) if it is a flask that does not have a plug or a cap plug the mouth with some cotton, wash cloth, (something that will keep the mea at bay so it does not spill out)

Place the media fill flask in your pressure cooker turn stove on and sterilize you MEA at 15psi for 45 minutes.

At about 35 minutes into your sterilization process get your sleeve of petri?s and place them on the oven rack. By this time you should be ready to turn your PC off allow it to start cooling when the pressure is back to zero. Get yourself washed up and put on a clean long sleeve shirt by this time you should be able to remove the lid of your PC open up the PC and remove your flask. Place it on the oven rack.
Turn your oven on LOW or the lowest set temp you have and pull the top rack about ? the way out.
Wash your hands and then put on rubber gloves then your hot mitt (if you do not have a mitt then wrap your hand towel) around the neck of the flask with your petris set up in stacks of 4 lift the cover on each dish 1 at a time and pour in your MEA do this to about 8-10 petri?s then move those to the back of the rack and allow to cool.

Now take your candy thermometer and place it in the flask and allow it to cool down until it is 120 degrees F at this time add desired amount of peroxide (rush wayne says 1 cc per 500ml MEA) I say about 3-5 cc?s per 350ml (or whatever you have left in your flask) then continue to pour the remaining petri?s dishes.

If you are confident that you poured your dishes with out allowing any contamination to get in. You may proceed to here (if you are new or not so confident) you may want to allow your dishes to sit for 3-5 days to see if anything attacks them (like green mold).
So now take your spores and open the foil,wax paper etc?and lay them on a small plate (so they will not fall through the spaces in the rack) Then flame you inoculation loop about ? of the length of the loop.
Cool your loop by sticking it in unused (this makes the loop wet and allows spores to stick to it) media then swipe some of you spores and smear them across your MEA. In a back and forth motion and then turn the dish ? of a turn and swipe back and forth again.
Follow this step until you have done 3-6 petris.

At this time you MEA that is still in the flask should be cool enough to add your h2o2 (peroxide).
Now pour your remaining dishes and mark them h2o2 or something similar.

Allow the dishes to colonize in a dark place when your dishes show growth cut some small squares of colonized agar and transfer the most rhizmoric piece to strait MEA dishes, and allow them to grow out.

When you see agar pieces with nice rhiz growth showing on them isolate them and transfer those pieces to your h2o2 MEA.
Now we wait about 1 week or so until the rhiz sections grow out until they are about ? inch from the side of the plates

The second step is to preparing your Substrate:

Now take a little bit of water and mix BRF into it until you have a sticky fairly dry paste then add your vermiculite. You want to keep it dry adding just enough water to allow it to lightly dampen everything enough to kill any mold or bacteria.
Now get your jars ready and scoop about ? to ? of substrate into each jar put the lids on and PC at 15 psi for 45 minutes.

Allow your jars to cool the take and empty, sterile, dry syringe and suck up 5cc?s of water and 5cc?s of 3% peroxide.
Now take and add about 5-8cc?s of your h2o & h2o2 shake the jars to make sure you evenly distribute the solution and your verm & BRF is nice and damp.

Now we go after the MEA h2o2 colonized petri plates and take the works to the oven and follow the oven tek then open the lids of your jars slightly and place 1-4 pieces of colonized agar in each jars.
It is not necessary with all the peroxide to be this sterile but it doesn?t hurt either.
Now allow your jar to sit somewhere dark and warm until they fully colonized.

When they are fully colonized and ready to go get your favorite bulk substrate and for our example we will use wheat straw.

Take you wheat straw and chop, shred, tear it up into small usable pieces place the straw into a pillowcase and pasteurize it at 140 degrees F for about an hour. After you are done pasteurizing it hang it up and allow it do drain until it is only slightly damp.

No get a squirt bottle and mix in 50% peroxide and 50% water. Take your almost dry straw and put it into you tray, bin, filter patch bag, and mist heavily until the straw is dripping wet.

Now here comes the fun part and this is a tek made up and written buy Old Timer and used here with his permission. This was cut and pasted from a question and answer point of view:

You can choose to use his straw tek as well.

A method I use might prove useful to you. I simply start 1/2 pint jars using traditional PF Tek. Once jars are fully colonized I get ready for straw inoculation. I soak regular old straw (which I get from a Feed & Seed) for 24 hours. After soaking I chop the straw and place in a large pasta pot. Bring to 160F for 1 hour. After pasteurization I allow straw to cool, drain and place in pans with clear "greenhouse" type lids. Take the "cake" and grind it to powder in a food processor/blender. Believe it or not the grinding does not harm the mycelium. Sprinkle the cake powder all over the straw and mix in throughly. Every minute particle of PF cake dust will become a growth point giving super fast colonization of the straw. Allow spawn to run through and case. You will get really good flushes (much more than fruiting individual cakes) and produce many more carpophores for your enjoyment. Of course
optimum humidity must be maintained throughout the entire growing cycle from inoculation to fruiting. For years I
started cultures using petri dishes, replated several times, transferred to grain and fruited strictly on manure/straw compost. Now, thanks to PF I have learned a much easier and quicker method for growing our
fungi friends using straw and cakes with no lab time at all. See, you can teach an old head new tricks.
------------------
Lots of thoughts & questions on the grinding of PF cakes. Trust me it works...
This is a repost from another forum where I am sharing the process. You may find something useful here:

Geez Hippie.... Where do I start?!

Q: Is it more effective to pasteurize wet rather than dry materials?
A: Hell if I know. I do know it's a lot easier to stir a pan of 160 degree dry soil in the oven. In short, the heat is doing its job wet or dry and it's much easier to work with dry. An additional plus is the fact that you can store the dry stuff for later use. Wet soil is much less convenient to store and is more likely to be infested with bacteria if you tried to use it later. I like being able to sterilize a batch of dry soil, use what I need and put the rest in a clean zip-loc freezer bag for later use.

Q: Why do I prefer a peat based casing mixture that requires the Ph to be adjusted?
A: Well to be honest... I've always used peat based soils for casing because that's what Bob Harris taught me to use about 25 years ago! Actually though, I really like the "consistency" of these soils. They hold moisture nicely, stay fluffy and are easy to spread over the spawn. I assume vermiculite would work but may be hard to wet evenly if spread on dry. You could probably wet it in
a bowl (like you do when fixing up PF jars) and it would do okay. It's just a matter
of what works for me as well as ease of use. As for Ph, well it's no problem to throw in a pinch of lime. It's not like you have to get a Ph pen and really adjust the medium to an exact Ph. The lime just pulls the Ph up a little and takes the acidic edge off. I have used peat soils with no lime, but I do seem to get faster/better pinning with a little lime.

Q: If one did use a 3/4th inch thick casing, what depth of substrate would you recommend?
A: Depends on how deep your container is! Seriously, I usually place about 3-4 inches of straw in the pan and case with 1/2 to 3/4 inches of soil. You don't want your straw too deep since you're wanting the spawn to colonize rapidly. A really deep container of straw tends to compact reducing spawn run plus it can get so dense it can actually mat allowing anaerobic bacteria to crop up ruining your bed. You don't need a thick layer of straw to grow an abundance of shrooms.

Q: Have you fruited directly from straw, without casing?
A: Yes.

Q: I'm told that straw doesn't need to be cased, why do you prefer to case it?
A: Open straw will pin and fruit, as will PF cakes, compost or whatever else you find to grow on. The reason for casing is easier moisture control. Pure and simple. The casing layer acts as a buffer between the air and the spawn effectively creating a micro-environment just under the casing. This protects primordia that are forming and prevents aborts due to excessive drying. Plus you can mist the casing layer without applying water directly to your spawn. The shrooms will thank you for this. By using a casing layer you can eliminate a lot of the stress involved in trying to keep bare cakes or whatever from drying. The casing makes your mushrooms a little more "forgiving", plus you don't need as wet an environment
thereby helping to reduce the growth of unwanted fungi and bacteria in your beds.

Now for Infoseeker:
Q: How many PF cakes to use?
A: I normally grind up and spread one 1/2 pint jar per square foot of bed. My beds
are generally about 3-4 inches deep but one jar should handle beds of 6 inches in depth. Be sure not to get to deep are you'll have unwanted guests from the anaerobic bacteria community. By the way, while we're discussing bacteria, please be really careful handling spawn or anything else that has become contaminated. Some of the critters you might find growing in your jars or beds can make you quite sick if you happen to breath them in or inadvertently ingest them. Dispose of any and all contaminated cultures immediately.

As for the hydrogen peroxide process for bulk spawn preparation I have to refer you to the resident expert on the subject, R. Rush Wayne, Ph.D. His booklets titled "Growing Mushrooms the Easy Way" "Cultivation with Hydrogen Peroxide" Volume I and II can be purchased from him at mycomasters.com. I have read both volumes and find that problems related to peroxide-decomposing enzymes in
organic substrates can limit your choices. He spells out ways to work around this but I have found hot water pasteurization to be an easier route. If you can swing it, set up a clean 55 gallon drum on concrete blocks and place a gas "fish cooker" under it. Make a basket out of metal hardware cloth and heat bulk quantities of straw this way. I have never needed that much straw for psilocybes but I do pasteurize straw this way for Pleurotus (oyster mushrooms), Portobellos and other gourmet shrooms that I grow.

Q: Does anybody sell ready to use compost?
A: Check with MushroomPeople and Fungi Perfecti but don't mention psychedelics
as they probably won't deal with you if you do. Personally, I would suggest making your own compost if you have access to cow manure and straw. It's very simple and I know a super quick trick to get usable compost in 7 days. I'll post the method when the "writers cramp" moves out of my fingers! Later.

Infoseeker,

If you are placing perlite under your straw it probably IS more trouble than it's worth. A good, properly prepared straw bed 3-4 inches deep shouldn't need any additional humidity or moisture retaining additives. The straw itself is moist and should hold more than enough water to produce plentiful mushrooms. My beds stay moist (especially after casing} and the mycelium grows fast and furious. You should strive for a light and airy bed with ample (but not stifling) moisture content.

Beds that I inoculate with ground up PF cakes fully colonize in 2 days to the point where you can literally lift the entire bed out as a block or brick of mycelium within 2-3 days.

Inspection under the straw reveals a moist, healthy environment with no contaminants at all. I think folks are getting too involved with environment control and missing the point (to produce carpophores). Mushroom farming is like any any other growing project. Sometimes folks get so wrapped up in creating environments they overlook the simple, common sense things. Trust me,
pasteurize some straw, drain it and place in a shallow pan with some type of lid.
Inoculate this straw with a jar or two of ground up PF cake powder as spawn and watch what happens. Let go of all the processes and procedures you've read about and let nature take its course. Please don't think I'm trying to sound like some mushroom guru or something, I'm not, I'm just relaying knowledge to you that has accumulated around me over the years. Simple methods work and simple is always better if you achieve the desired results.

If you plant a bed in the method described above you should have no need for hydrogen peroxide or any other sterilants.
------------------
Straw Bed Construction...
Place a layer of pasteurized straw about an inch thick in container. Just leave it loose, do not compact. Sprinkle 1/4 of your PF cake dust into this layer and work in. Repeat layering of straw/spawn until you reach a depth of 3-4 inches. The loose, airy straw seems to colonize faster than compacted straw. And, since you have literally provided hundreds of thousands of inocculant growth points all over the straw, the need for compacting is eliminated. Older grain spawn methods specify compaction to help the spawn to run by increasing contact between spawn and substrate. In the ground PF cake method the tiny particles of spawn stick all over the damp straw causing mycelium to sprout and run from each contact point. Let the straw grow over (2-3 days) and then case as mentioned above. Mist casing lighting a couple of times a day. You should see copius fruiting within several days to a week depending on your temps, humidity, etc.
------------------
I grow them to fruition in the same trays with "greenhouse" style plastic lids that I start them in. The trays are kept in an orchid house with controlled temps around 85-90F days and 75-80F nights. I do mist the cased trays at least twice daily. One could keep these indoors at normal room temps and expect good results.
- If you feel a need to feed your shrooms just add a little fish emulsion or bloodmeal to your water while pasteurizing the straw.

Credit needs to go to old timer, major, millet, Rush Wayne (sort of).

I hope it helps you all.

Please ask if you have questions or comments other than that ENJOY and be sure to share (it's thanksgiving)

And now if you made it this far ?well you know what to do after harvest.?

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #528610 - 01/22/02 09:34 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not papa, but I've got a wager for you. I bet that if you took the 10% of the shroomerites who had grown the most crops, I bet 95% would agree that birdseed to straw then cased is the most consistent, most stable most proven bulk tek there is.

If your tek hunting, learn how to make quart or larger jars of birdseed. Use shroomgod's straw tek. Use shroomgods humidification tek. Simple, and o so very productive. If you want to tweak it a little more productive, add worm castings ala psilo187's bulk tek. Hope you need a lot of caps if you go that route...cuz you'll get them

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: dimitri211]
    #528620 - 01/22/02 09:42 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you sir!

--------------------

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
    #528639 - 01/22/02 10:02 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think I just bit off more than I can chew today. Operative word "Today"

My friend needs to go back and work with his Finch seed tek. He is getting contams up the ying-yang.

--------------------

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: dimitri211]
    #528659 - 01/22/02 10:17 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I live in a one bedroom apartment. There is no way I have the room needed to do this tek. I wish I could but is there something in between??

--------------------

OfflineLeGrouper
enthusiast
    #528700 - 01/22/02 11:02 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

You are using the wrong Hippie tek for a newbie to grow some shrooms and start trippin.
You can use hippie's invitro tek for a much higher success rate and get quite a good amount of shrooms if you use between 24-48 jars. I would strongly discourage growing these to sell but if you are growing for a party then this is a good, almost surefire tek. But myco is right, straw is the only bulk that a newbie could hope to get anything out of, and then only maybe.

--------------------
The above post is entirely fictional and should not be taken out of context.

Ali-G
www.boyakasha.co.uk

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: LeGrouper]
    #528920 - 01/23/02 07:42 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

the bulk tek can work, you just need to use autoclaveable filter-patched bags, available from fungi perfecti, instead of oven bags.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
    #528930 - 01/23/02 07:54 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ive been reading your thread, and questioning a few things.
I cant see how the autoclavable oven bags would cause any problems, except for at the opening, how the hell would you seal them off?
I use 10 cent a/c bags from a biol supply store to prepare my case, but have never tried a bulk-tek
I cannot see how it would work, if you seal off the bag tightly, but how would this be acheived. or is it necessary?

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: Surf Bum]
    #528933 - 01/23/02 07:56 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Why would you "bake" the oven bags. I've never used oven bags myself, but are they not air/water tight? or what is the major problem? I use bio-hazordous waste bags (the 10 cent orange ones) for casing sterilzation, and autoclave them
Why cant you autoclave yoru oven bags filled iwth substrate, then drop in some agar slices, or colonized rye, and do your bulking this way? Is the problem in sealing the top opening? or in the bag itself?

*I* cannot see why it would not work, but cant say, since i have just started experimenting from the known method.

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: LeGrouper]
    #528935 - 01/23/02 08:00 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

My friend sure appreciates the help but he's not a total newbie. Just new to the bulk tek's. I think he has a few successful crops ala MMGG and PF along with a recent success casing. I think he's looking at Psilo187's straw tek, the one with the worm casings. He needs to study up on it for a bit. In the mean time he will be using finch seed in quart jars. And yes, it is a big party comming up in spring time.

--------------------

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: Hippie3]
    #528937 - 01/23/02 08:04 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Mushroom Messia huh? Hmmm...
Don't get out much do ya? Just kidding bro..
Thanks, he was planning on trying out the ones from the "works".

:-)

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #528976 - 01/23/02 09:39 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If its yer first time do the pftek and i guess if you wanna do bulk makes lots of jars hehe.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineSplat
Deviant
Loc: Santa Cruz CA
    #537114 - 01/31/02 05:59 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Despite Mycofile being absolutely correct about the Oven bags being incredibly unreliable.. I have also found the blender tek to cause many problems.. I am probably just missing some crucial aspect, but I dont understand how you can harvest and food proccess a sterile fruit. Every time I have tried this I have recied contams... is there some way to "wash" the fruit prior to blending.. has anyone else had this problem?

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
You know what I always say....anything worth doing.... mmm....is worth overdoing!

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: Splat]
    #537283 - 01/31/02 09:23 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well, there are all kinds of ways to increase sterility using the homemade eberbach. Most simply, yes you can wash shroom in peroxide, straight 3% is fine. You can also peel the shroom, and use inner samples which haven't been exposed to the terrerium. You can even go so fare as to do something like this

Thats just birdseed in there. Harvest the fruits, they are sterie and are great for printing or cloning or whatever. You can even do this for multiple flushes for a simple low maintenance growing tek. Add casing or dunking if you want.

Also, don't overblend. I've seen a lot of people have the probablem of completely shredding the culture rather than break it up some. Short bursts. 2 or 3 should do it.

--------------------

Edited by mycofile (01/31/02 09:26 PM)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #537305 - 01/31/02 09:44 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

mycofile,

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of a home made eberbach...would you ?
There was one posted....but the picture is gone now.
I wanted to build one.
Thanks

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: Roadkill]
    #537572 - 02/01/02 07:12 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think I do. They're really simple though. Walmart sells replacement blades for their cheapest blenders, hamilton beach I believe. The blades cost like $3. They are the exact same size as the "dome" lid of a regular mouth jar. Just put them on a regular mouth quart jar and hold in place with a regular band. Everything is Pcookable, just don't cook it sealed, the gasket makes a tight seal and could break the jar.

I will check for a pic though. Some of them are burried deep in the bowels of the pc and scattered randomly around the web.

--------------------

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
    #537585 - 02/01/02 07:39 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I really like some of your ideas man! these can be nicely adapted to my own setup.
I have just recently began to use h2o2, and havent fully understood where and when it can be used. Never ever even thought of using it in Agar. I currently use PDA agar, but i assume throwing 5cc's of h2o2 in with my next 1L batch of pda won't hurt!.

By the way, you say you can inoculate your rye jars with 1-4 pieces of colonized agar.. approximately how BIG are these squares of agar you are referring to?
I assume 1-4 1/2cm square chunks would do??

By the way, have you ever noticed any contamination on your pitres, and have yuo ever tried squirting some h2o2 on the possible contam part to try and kill it. I had one dish that had some contams, and squiret some h2o2 on it, it bubbled on the area in question, but did not bubble on the mycelium. Meaning i assume it doesnt hurt mycelium?
Man, h2o2 will definatly increase sterility if that is the case.

What about making spore syringes. if you threw in 1cc h2o2 with 150mL of water (be it malt extract colonized solution or not) would htis be suitable for preparing the syringes?

Also, do you bother sterilizing your syringes? or just go buy new ones (theyre like 15 cents for 3ccs)

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: baraka]
    #537602 - 02/01/02 08:00 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, this is my "myko tek" bag. hehehe
i have a nice "filter patch" taped in the top.

actually, its not mycotek, and its not a filterpatch
its an autoclavable disposal bag. the top has poly filter floss matted into a ball, and taped with masking tape to seal it off.
inside, there is 5 cups rye grain, 5 cups water. (dispite what the pic says verm;water) ehhee

for inoculation, the poly filter floss will be removed in a flowhood, and agar squares dropped in.
opinions??

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#537725 - 02/01/02 10:46 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: cookiewhore]
    #537924 - 02/01/02 03:27 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I like the bag, it looks like 3m's no shake tek, right on.
about peroxide...
"I currently use PDA agar, but i assume throwing 5cc's of h2o2 in with my next 1L batch of pda won't hurt"

As long as it's added when agar is cool, but not solid. Peroxide breaks down at high temps, so you must wait for the agar to be cool to the touch after sterilization.

"By the way, you say you can inoculate your rye jars with 1-4 pieces of colonized agar.. approximately how BIG are these squares of agar you are referring to?"
About anything is enough, but I usually used about 1 inch sq. pieces.

"By the way, have you ever noticed any contamination on your pitres, and have yuo ever tried squirting some h2o2 on the possible contam part to try and kill it."
Peroxide doesn't harm contams, only their spores. Once growing, peroxide has little effect on contams. That means once you see it, it's too late for peroxide. Unless you use strong enough peroxide to damage the mycelium itself...

"I had one dish that had some contams, and squiret some h2o2 on it, it bubbled on the area in question, but did not bubble on the mycelium. Meaning i assume it doesnt hurt mycelium?"
Peroxide in low concentrations shouldn't hurt mycelium, but it should bubble. The bubling is caused by an organisms natural defense mechanism protecting itself from peroxide. If mycelium didn't bubble in peroxide, that would mean that it's not breaking the peroxide down and therefore would be harmed by it. All mycelium has the peroxidase which breaks down peroxide.

"What about making spore syringes. if you threw in 1cc h2o2 with 150mL of water (be it malt extract colonized solution or not) would htis be suitable for preparing the syringes?"

Peroxide in concentrations high enough to be effective against contams kill spores. Don't put peroxide in your spores.

--------------------

OfflineSgt-Shroomy
Shroom Farmer

Loc: Texas, USA
    #21004379 - 12/20/14 06:10 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sad to hear that as I was really looking forward to trying this tek... oh well. i guess it's back to the search bar for me. Its amazing how convenient searching for info on here is. Such a wealth of information right at my fingertips! Thanks for the warning, ill find something else.

--------------------
Everything I post is a complete fabrication of the truth. Please do not take any of my shenanigans seriously.

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Loc: Journal Land Flag
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: Sgt-Shroomy]
    #21004628 - 12/20/14 07:00 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Why did you bump a 12 year old thread...

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
TNF Q&A :rockon:
AMU Q&A

Dominus fortunae meae sum

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds