Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSplat
Deviant
Loc: Santa Cruz CA
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: mycofile]
    #537114 - 01/31/02 05:59 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Despite Mycofile being absolutely correct about the Oven bags being incredibly unreliable.. I have also found the blender tek to cause many problems.. I am probably just missing some crucial aspect, but I dont understand how you can harvest and food proccess a sterile fruit. Every time I have tried this I have recied contams... is there some way to "wash" the fruit prior to blending.. has anyone else had this problem?

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
You know what I always say....anything worth doing.... mmm....is worth overdoing!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: Splat]
    #537283 - 01/31/02 09:23 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well, there are all kinds of ways to increase sterility using the homemade eberbach. Most simply, yes you can wash shroom in peroxide, straight 3% is fine. You can also peel the shroom, and use inner samples which haven't been exposed to the terrerium. You can even go so fare as to do something like this

Thats just birdseed in there. Harvest the fruits, they are sterie and are great for printing or cloning or whatever. You can even do this for multiple flushes for a simple low maintenance growing tek. Add casing or dunking if you want.

Also, don't overblend. I've seen a lot of people have the probablem of completely shredding the culture rather than break it up some. Short bursts. 2 or 3 should do it.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Edited by mycofile (01/31/02 09:26 PM)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #537305 - 01/31/02 09:44 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

mycofile,

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of a home made eberbach...would you ?
There was one posted....but the picture is gone now.
I wanted to build one.
Thanks

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: Roadkill]
    #537572 - 02/01/02 07:12 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think I do. They're really simple though. Walmart sells replacement blades for their cheapest blenders, hamilton beach I believe. The blades cost like $3. They are the exact same size as the "dome" lid of a regular mouth jar. Just put them on a regular mouth quart jar and hold in place with a regular band. Everything is Pcookable, just don't cook it sealed, the gasket makes a tight seal and could break the jar.

I will check for a pic though. Some of them are burried deep in the bowels of the pc and scattered randomly around the web.

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
    #537585 - 02/01/02 07:39 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I really like some of your ideas man! these can be nicely adapted to my own setup.
I have just recently began to use h2o2, and havent fully understood where and when it can be used. Never ever even thought of using it in Agar. I currently use PDA agar, but i assume throwing 5cc's of h2o2 in with my next 1L batch of pda won't hurt!.

By the way, you say you can inoculate your rye jars with 1-4 pieces of colonized agar.. approximately how BIG are these squares of agar you are referring to?
I assume 1-4 1/2cm square chunks would do??

By the way, have you ever noticed any contamination on your pitres, and have yuo ever tried squirting some h2o2 on the possible contam part to try and kill it. I had one dish that had some contams, and squiret some h2o2 on it, it bubbled on the area in question, but did not bubble on the mycelium. Meaning i assume it doesnt hurt mycelium?
Man, h2o2 will definatly increase sterility if that is the case.

What about making spore syringes. if you threw in 1cc h2o2 with 150mL of water (be it malt extract colonized solution or not) would htis be suitable for preparing the syringes?

Also, do you bother sterilizing your syringes? or just go buy new ones (theyre like 15 cents for 3ccs)

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: baraka]
    #537602 - 02/01/02 08:00 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, this is my "myko tek" bag. hehehe
i have a nice "filter patch" taped in the top.

actually, its not mycotek, and its not a filterpatch
its an autoclavable disposal bag. the top has poly filter floss matted into a ball, and taped with masking tape to seal it off.
inside, there is 5 cups rye grain, 5 cups water. (dispite what the pic says verm;water) ehhee

for inoculation, the poly filter floss will be removed in a flowhood, and agar squares dropped in.
opinions??

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#537725 - 02/01/02 10:46 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: cookiewhore]
    #537924 - 02/01/02 03:27 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I like the bag, it looks like 3m's no shake tek, right on.
about peroxide...
"I currently use PDA agar, but i assume throwing 5cc's of h2o2 in with my next 1L batch of pda won't hurt"

As long as it's added when agar is cool, but not solid. Peroxide breaks down at high temps, so you must wait for the agar to be cool to the touch after sterilization.

"By the way, you say you can inoculate your rye jars with 1-4 pieces of colonized agar.. approximately how BIG are these squares of agar you are referring to?"
About anything is enough, but I usually used about 1 inch sq. pieces.

"By the way, have you ever noticed any contamination on your pitres, and have yuo ever tried squirting some h2o2 on the possible contam part to try and kill it."
Peroxide doesn't harm contams, only their spores. Once growing, peroxide has little effect on contams. That means once you see it, it's too late for peroxide. Unless you use strong enough peroxide to damage the mycelium itself...

"I had one dish that had some contams, and squiret some h2o2 on it, it bubbled on the area in question, but did not bubble on the mycelium. Meaning i assume it doesnt hurt mycelium?"
Peroxide in low concentrations shouldn't hurt mycelium, but it should bubble. The bubling is caused by an organisms natural defense mechanism protecting itself from peroxide. If mycelium didn't bubble in peroxide, that would mean that it's not breaking the peroxide down and therefore would be harmed by it. All mycelium has the peroxidase which breaks down peroxide.

"What about making spore syringes. if you threw in 1cc h2o2 with 150mL of water (be it malt extract colonized solution or not) would htis be suitable for preparing the syringes?"

Peroxide in concentrations high enough to be effective against contams kill spores. Don't put peroxide in your spores.

--------------------

OfflineSgt-Shroomy
Shroom Farmer

Loc: Texas, USA
    #21004379 - 12/20/14 06:10 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sad to hear that as I was really looking forward to trying this tek... oh well. i guess it's back to the search bar for me. Its amazing how convenient searching for info on here is. Such a wealth of information right at my fingertips! Thanks for the warning, ill find something else.

--------------------
Everything I post is a complete fabrication of the truth. Please do not take any of my shenanigans seriously.

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Loc: Journal Land Flag
Re: Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: Sgt-Shroomy]
    #21004628 - 12/20/14 07:00 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Why did you bump a 12 year old thread...

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
TNF Q&A :rockon:
AMU Q&A

Dominus fortunae meae sum

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale