Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3805 | 3806 | 3807 | 3808 | 3809 | 3810 | 3811 | 3812 | 3813 | 3814 | 3815 | 3816 | 3817 | 3818 | 3819 | 3820 | 3821 | 3822 | 3823 | 3824 | 3825 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 3
    #29599532 -

I have some B+ I’m transferring today as well ! I’m super excited to grow that one as well as my APE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Awfullotofshrooms] * 1
    #29599553 -

I have to say my B+ mss grow was pretty disappointing potency wise. I lemon tekked 50g wet and it was pleasant overall but not what I signed up for. Felt like 2 grams at most. Weak batch or I've hit the button too many times and broken it :shrug: People here have tripped a lot longer than I have so it would be weird if shrooms just don't work for me anymore. No medication and haven't tripped in ages. If pans don't do it then I have my answer.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Awfullotofshrooms]
    #29599568 -

I'll thik about that, though I'd like somehting that I can sterilize in my PC and know for sure it's sterile.


--------------------
Take me back to November
Hawaiian shirts in the winter, deep thoughts, deep thoughts
Naw, take me back to November, wassup

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Doctor_Doggo]
    #29599588 -

Pastywhyte's Easy Agar Tek
You can pc PP5 condiment cups, you could try to find those.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29599606 -

mushboy said:
if you trust us then why the terrible tek?
:wtfsonic:



im on pf tek now don't worry :crazy: i started this hobby from the UB reddit and wanted to finish it, at least as a comparison if anything


Rasmodius said:
Contam based on the swollen yellowish grains at the bottom of that pic. Metabolites (cough) are usually more yellow, less liquidy, and therefore less prone to puddling like that. Swollen pale grains + liquid is v bacterial coded IMO.

Looks like it dripped down from higher in the bag? If the top half feels soggy/isn't bricked up like the good growth areas in the bottom of the bag, could be a sign.




weirdly the entire bag is the same texture of slightly hard. s2b some other bags today and ik what rock hard mycelium feels like and this is not it... but bacterial contam isn't "fucking up your grows forever" level bad like mold can be, so it won't be the end of the world if i fuck around and just s2b anyway right?

(btw these are two different bags for reference, they both feel hard but not crazy hard)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: f88888888] * 1
    #29599620 -

A little bit of bacteria is possible for mycelium to soldier through to get at least one flush out. A lot of bacteria could pose a lot more trouble resulting in stalling or premature mold contamination.

I unfortunately have to agree with others to say that second bag isn't looking great with the wet spots and "melted ice cream" look (other signs of bacteria outside of metabolites). Feel free to experiment with s2b'ing it if you want, but don't expect much.


--------------------
Feeling lost here? We get it. Here's the most up-to-date guide as of 2026.


I know I'm a fool, but that's why I keep trying to learn.
:peace::heart::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Turvenuija] * 2
    #29599649 -

Turvenuija said:
I have to say my B+ mss grow was pretty disappointing potency wise. I lemon tekked 50g wet and it was pleasant overall but not what I signed up for. Felt like 2 grams at most. Weak batch or I've hit the button too many times and broken it :shrug: People here have tripped a lot longer than I have so it would be weird if shrooms just don't work for me anymore. No medication and haven't tripped in ages. If pans don't do it then I have my answer.



B+ potency is notoriously all over the place, so I’m not surprised if you got a weaker batch from mss. But if you clone a good one, it can rock you good. The culture I have whoops me pretty solidly at about the 3g mark. It’s a good cube. Plus it’s prone to some cool looking mutants, which I find funny.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 1
    #29599665 -

Yeah other than the odd liberty caps they're all I've had and they've given me everything between trip equivalents of a wet fart and incredible trips that swoop me somewhere else entirely for 4 hours.

Do you get a potent culture through luck or do you take a clone from a big fruit, eat/drink it after and rate the trip to decide whether to keep the culture?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: f88888888]
    #29599739 -

Quote:
Is anyone growing good old GT's or B+ anymore?



Yeah I run GTs periodically. Especially for edibles. It's the Corona of mushrooms. Not every occasion calls for a 9% HyperSkunk CatPissinationator IPA.

I think TATs are just beautiful, but the squat albino APE/JF/BV/etc look just doesn't do it for me unless they're monster sized or doing something else cool. I think reddit burned me out on that whole pheno, just from dealing with the people it attracted on there a few years ago.

Since I'm mostly growing for entertainment/novelty (and not potency, weight, bag appeal, etc), it's whatever. +1 on the B+ mutants thing.



f88888888 said:
weirdly the entire bag is the same texture of slightly hard. s2b some other bags today and ik what rock hard mycelium feels like and this is not it... but bacterial contam isn't "fucking up your grows forever" level bad like mold can be, so it won't be the end of the world if i fuck around and just s2b anyway right?

(btw these are two different bags for reference, they both feel hard but not crazy hard)



Not the end of the world. Maybe let it go a few more days and see if it hardens up fully or it gets visibly worse.

When spawning iffy grains, I'll brush off anything that doesn't look fully colonized or is visibly sus. Better to have a smaller amount of better spawn. And don't mix it with good grains. If I open it and see something obviously terrible, or get hit with any nasty smells, etc, straight to the bin, jar/tub and all.

Been doing fahtlocks for the first time and they're perfect for this kind of thing. Getting away with some questionable shit is part of learning the difference between where people say the lines are, and where they are really. Tuition expenses.


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Edited by Rasmodius (06/08/26 10:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29599750 -

Ok so I wanna try to get this right this go round ...

What's good ratio of colonized grains to coco cior when bulk spawning?

And does it matter what species? Looking into cubes,tamps n ochra. 

I was thinking like 1 part grains to 2-3 parts cior ... Too much?

Edited by divineverdance (06/08/26 10:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Turvenuija] * 1
    #29599753 -

Turvenuija said:
Yeah other than the odd liberty caps they're all I've had and they've given me everything between trip equivalents of a wet fart and incredible trips that swoop me somewhere else entirely for 4 hours.

Do you get a potent culture through luck or do you take a clone from a big fruit, eat/drink it after and rate the trip to decide whether to keep the culture?



I’m not sure if I speak for the masses, but I can tell you what I do.

If you’re starting from MS, get a clean plate and maybe do a shoebox or a zipblock. Pick a few good ones and clone them to agar. I like early fruiters from a few of the clusters. Get clean plates from those clones and grow each one out on their own. Clone your best out of those, while trying each for trip quality. If you like ‘em, you found a winner.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: divineverdance]
    #29599757 -

divineverdance said:
Ok so I wanna try to get this right this go round ...

What's good ratio of colonized grains to coco cior when bulk spawning?

And does it matter what species? Looking into cubes,tamps n ochra. 

I was thinking like 1 part grains to 2-3 parts cior ... Too much?



I use 1:3 spawn:coir. Unless I’m growing something that takes longer to fruit. Then I may use a little more coir.

I know some people like to use less coir, but my climate is dry and I find I have to babysit the moisture level too much if I don’t use enough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 1
    #29599759 -

My boxes usually end up somewhere around 1:2 or 1:3 but I go by sight (and also run meaningfully wetter than field capacity after seeing what keeps the shoeboxes from drying out).

I saw stipe going as high as 1:6. I haven't run nearly that high a ratio before, but hype to try it. I rarely pump out giant fruits, hoping the extra water helps (either directly or in keeping the cake going longer for those late flush bigguns)


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29599770 -

Appreciate yallz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: divineverdance]
    #29599778 -

Can shaking a jar too early/ too much mess it up? And if so why?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: divineverdance]
    #29599779 -

Nah. Lots of people shake early and/or vigorously.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 1
    #29599796 -

AstroSporeFiend said:
Has anyone ever seen cubensis myc bluing on a plate before?



only with ochras really for me - i guess some of my KSSS plates when they dry out a bit


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AstroSporeFiend]
    #29599797 -

The only time I shake is before I spawn...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DV8DUG]
    #29599829 -

If i reach the top of the B of the jar for spawn, should i reach the same spot with coir when measuring ratio? Or just almost fill it to the top with coir?


--------------------
wow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Tropical]
    #29599834 -

I usually only do myco-quarts in grain. Coir is better measured full quart. Coir good. The balance/ratio isn't that delicate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3805 | 3806 | 3807 | 3808 | 3809 | 3810 | 3811 | 3812 | 3813 | 3814 | 3815 | 3816 | 3817 | 3818 | 3819 | 3820 | 3821 | 3822 | 3823 | 3824 | 3825 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* quick question evilacid 514 5 03/13/03 05:25 PM
by evilacid
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,159,712 topic views. 20 members, 142 guests and 205 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.066 seconds spending 0.046 seconds on 18 queries.