Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: YoshiTrainer] * 3
    #29425392 -

Gonna let this rock as long as I can to see what happens before I start putting it to grain.

You can see some green tones as well which is great!
(Blue+yellow=greeen)
:solidnod:



--------------------
For it is only Darkness that crafts one to thrive in the Light. As illumination of the soul, its brilliance unmatched.
               
                    πŸŒ•πŸŒ–πŸŒ—πŸŒ˜πŸŒ‘πŸŒ’πŸŒ“πŸŒ”πŸŒ•
  :sporedrop:Gymnopilus subspectibilis grow log:sporedrop:             
β€’89g fresh subspectibilis teaβ€’
β€’RapΓ©h Craftersβ€’
β€’ Gift yourself a healthy dose of Self banningβ€’

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: Soloist]
    #29425442 -

Does anybody want a  luteofolius swab set? I got given one for free a few months back, I just haven't got the time to dedicate to growing it out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: Bigbbb] * 1
    #29426284 -

Hey Bigb
I will definitely take that, if this is alright with you. What is the linage, do you know?

On a separate note:
  Gymnopilus punctifolius is growing extremely strangely. I think I cased on 9/9, with cal-sand, verm, and coir, but the sand might've been too heavy and as a result the myc is suffering. That was complete speculation by the way, and since a unique trait of this species seems to be to darken on the agar, it could be just how it grows. I swear it smelled like maple syrup when spawning to bulk, but the spawn was Sweet Gum shavings, so it was perhaps the aroma from inside the tree being made more freely available due to the decomposition of wood thanks to our fungi here. Maybe there is some remediation potential. Anyway,
  It has grown like this off and on, and here are are some pics of what I finally decided to do with it, though not pictured here, I added an airstone.










--------------------
In this life, trust is a luxury we cannot afford.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: CrimsonRambeler]
    #29426288 -

I'm not entirely sure it cam as a free gift from Betty blue Inc on sporeswaps it was labelled gymnopolis lutefolius "evening creek". I think it might have been collected from a wild sample

Edit** just check it's from San Diego


Send me your address

Edited by Bigbbb (12/11/25 05:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: Bigbbb]
    #29426700 -

Yeah, thats very kind of you. Thank you. I will definitely take them. Sending you my address in a DM right now. Thanks again for spreading the spore.


--------------------
In this life, trust is a luxury we cannot afford.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: Bigbbb] * 3
    #29426715 -

Oh and by the way those are F2 spores





U sure you dont want to keep one swab? I mean, it was free after all. & I can work from one swab


--------------------
In this life, trust is a luxury we cannot afford.

Edited by CrimsonRambeler (12/11/25 05:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: CrimsonRambeler] * 1
    #29427252 -



This was the F1. I love how the F2's produced something so outstandingly similar to the original find. Speaking of the original find, the first observer of this strain sells f0 spores on their website
Creekside Mycology
They sell swab sets for 30 bucks, so you're saving $40 and skipping a whole two filial generations of something used to tub conditions and is proported as believably unbitter by several people; yielding as much bulk as cubes in the same conditions with the same substrate fruited in the same timeframe. Yet, you intend on giving the set away.
  By all means send both them my way if I havent convinced you to give it a go under the microscope.
Thank you for spreading the spore


--------------------
In this life, trust is a luxury we cannot afford.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: CrimsonRambeler]
    #29427318 -

I'll send you both maybe you can pass one on in future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: Bigbbb]
    #29427359 -

Very cool. Thanks again, I'll keep one to pass along, and utilize the other to the best application it is capable of bestowing upon me.


--------------------
In this life, trust is a luxury we cannot afford.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: CrimsonRambeler]
    #29427832 -

If we're sharing, I'm trying to build a stable of Gyms. Currently I have a local small red guy (I hope -- they're not common here and cloning my singe specimen was rough), a local large guy (not luteus, maybe subspectabilis), and an alleged aeruginosus from purchased wild (PNW) spores. All still on agar or grain atm.

If anyone feels like contributing to LGB's school for wayward gymnopili send me a message!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: Lost Geometer B] * 2
    #29438938 -



I'm sort of kicking myself for not letting it ride, but I don't know if this was a bad idea, and I could have saved it by doing this. What I thought, was that I could try and shimmy the cake, casing and all, into a quart ziploc, give it sufficient FAE, and hope it fruits that way.

It's been since 9/9 that I cased this Gymnopilus punctifolius, but I took these pictures to show that visually, the mycelium looks fine. The 90% of the casing dumped off into the bag, so I guess Ill try fruiting the myceliated casing from the bag, and continue to attempt to give it another chance fruiting out the tub, and in my Modded Pan tub rather than the gandalfiana tub. Both are pretty much the same, the Pan tub just has more air, and the gandalfiana tub just has a small crack to help keep in the moisture while providing minimal necessary fae. Both have airstone.

By the way, the mycelium no longer smells like maple syrup, but the only way I can describe it is sweetly revitalizing. The mycelium at this stage smells just as good if not better than fresh subtrops. Its nice to smell the mycelium without the casing layer dulling the scent again. It does really smell nice.
Merry Christmas Gymn giants!


--------------------
In this life, trust is a luxury we cannot afford.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: CrimsonRambeler] * 8
    #29449135 -

Wild Gymnopilus luteofolius complex found on Nov 12th, 2025 in Discovery Park , Seattle, Washington


iNat : https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/326224927

11/13/2025 Spores streaked to agar


11/29/2025 Agar wedges transferred to rye grain jar (1 pint)
Hyphal knots already present in agar.

12/23/2025 Grain jar spawned to 45% coir , 45% beech sawdust, 10% composted horse manure substrate (2 pints) in a mycobag.

01/01/2026 First signs of hyphal knotting

01/06/2026 First full pin noticed

01/07/2026 Bag cut down and placed into tent to properly fruit.



Temps throughout process was low 70's, averaging around 73F.

Edit : Corrected dates.

Edited by BlimeyGrimey (02/14/26 01:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: BlimeyGrimey] * 1
    #29449167 -

Wow blimey, that's absolutely incredible. What extreme fast fruiting times, very thoughtful of you to link the Inat observation as well. Kudos, incredible scientific documentation.
  I never get pins on agar, not with all eight Gymnopilus luteofolius strains or all seven species of Gymnopilus. I do see hyphal knotts on one of my colonized coir jars of Polaris Gymnopilus luteofolius. I should have sent that to a bulk tub of coir before Christmas, but alas, stuff happens. I love this time of November-January on the west side usa for foraging Gymnopilus.


--------------------
In this life, trust is a luxury we cannot afford.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: CrimsonRambeler] * 6
    #29451867 -

Gymnopilus luteofolius update :



I'm starting a few more jars to attempt to fruit 100% inside a mycobag. I think this set of genetics might actual work for bag grows.

Probably going to try a CVG only bag, I don't think these need wood to fruit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: BlimeyGrimey] * 1
    #29451869 -

Whoa! Look at those pins!


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 11
    #29452538 -

Look at them now! They're taking off pretty well.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: BlimeyGrimey] * 2
    #29452874 -

Wow Blimey, great job, the color on those mushrooms is incredible!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: BlimeyGrimey] * 1
    #29452914 -

Fantastic pinset and beautiful pictures. Is the cap colour the same in person as in the pictures?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: The Tao]
    #29452926 -

YoshiTrainer said:
Wow Blimey, great job, the color on those mushrooms is incredible!



Thanks! The wild parent mushrooms were way less purple and more orange, but they were also more mature so these might turn a bit more orange with age.


The Tao said:
Fantastic pinset and beautiful pictures. Is the cap colour the same in person as in the pictures?



The images are pretty darn close to the actual in-person color, maybe slightly brighter in-person. I wish the pinset was a little less, as it seems the number of pins might limit the total size of each mushroom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus cultivation [Re: BlimeyGrimey] * 2
    #29452940 -



--------------------
πŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ„°πŸ„Ό πŸ„ΈπŸ„·πŸ„ΎπŸ„Ώ


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Addicted to Cultivation????
( 1 2 all )
tahoe 3,189 34 12/14/08 10:53 PM
by The shroomy 1
* *DELETED* Cultivate 2,966 8 04/14/08 06:12 AM
by HerbBaker
* Newbie planning first cultivation. hX_ 771 6 05/31/08 04:48 PM
by Neobean
* All Of RR's Notes On Mushroom Cultivation Forum
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
dumbfounded1600 224,465 181 01/17/22 08:33 AM
by TheStallionMang
* Psilocybin Azurescens Indoor Cultivation Experiment... doctor_kandee 3,232 2 02/22/05 04:37 PM
by doctor_kandee
* Dedicated To Agar 'Mushroom Cultivation' AND Links/Grow Logs/Other
( 1 2 3 4 all )
dumbfounded1600 49,116 60 09/16/10 04:41 PM
by RogerRabbit
* IMPORTANT: Interesting discovery may solve weilii cultivation problems! Lysergic_Milkman 1,892 7 10/19/05 07:29 PM
by Lysergic_Milkman
* Correct medium and process for cultivation of cyanacens Silverwolf 630 1 10/24/03 05:32 AM
by Paid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
15,412 topic views. 10 members, 52 guests and 129 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.