Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 691 | 692 | 693 | 694 | 695 | 696 | 697 | 698 | 699 | 700 | 701 | 702 | 703 | 704 | 705 | 706 | 707 | 708 | 709 | 710 | 711 | | Last >
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Synack]
    #29339064 -

Synack said:
I said they don't make a *7L* as in, an extra long psycho-killer variant like the #3L. That's a normal #7 :smile:

(I'm sure it's nice, but it's no mycelium scimitar!)



My bad, I didn't know the L was a different one, I've seen the same handle been called different things, but yeah, a normal #7 is good enough for me, but I'm tired of fighting when I need to change blade :muppet:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Kloakk] * 3
    #29339122 -

You guys are making my wallet go spread eagle with these lovely accessories!


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Gilmour Hendrix] * 4
    #29339210 -

Gilmour Hendrix said:
You guys are making my wallet go spread eagle with these lovely accessories!





--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Kloakk]
    #29339315 -

Henry - does your myc know it is in for a fencing bout???


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 4
    #29339367 -

Husk duel wields spray bottles when misting his tiny crops! One is not enough.



--------------------
Nature Reclaims All.
See, I'm flarkin' helpful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 5
    #29339419 -

Nope, the element of surprise is key.

"Its all in the reflexes"
:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Kloakk]
    #29339627 -

Kloakk said:
Synack said:
I said they don't make a *7L* as in, an extra long psycho-killer variant like the #3L. That's a normal #7 :smile:

(I'm sure it's nice, but it's no mycelium scimitar!)



My bad, I didn't know the L was a different one, I've seen the same handle been called different things, but yeah, a normal #7 is good enough for me, but I'm tired of fighting when I need to change blade :muppet:




These work great for changing blades

https://www.amazon.com/LEONTOOL-5-Inch-Pliers-Jewelry-Making/dp/B0C5T1PQVN?th=1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: FuzzyFoot] * 3
    #29339846 -

FuzzyFoot said:
Kloakk said:
Synack said:
I said they don't make a *7L* as in, an extra long psycho-killer variant like the #3L. That's a normal #7 :smile:

(I'm sure it's nice, but it's no mycelium scimitar!)



My bad, I didn't know the L was a different one, I've seen the same handle been called different things, but yeah, a normal #7 is good enough for me, but I'm tired of fighting when I need to change blade :muppet:




These work great for changing blades

https://www.amazon.com/LEONTOOL-5-Inch-Pliers-Jewelry-Making/dp/B0C5T1PQVN?th=1



I'm a fan of these mini blade removers/sharps containers https://www.amazon.com/Swann-Morton-Scalpel-Blade-Remover/dp/B0082CW90M



--------------------
:blackspy:00010010
"When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery <-- This is the way.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Synack]
    #29339917 -

Synack said:
Dynasty said:
I submit the dumbest “tool”.

I’m always complaining about having to cut the roll of cling wrap for wrapping plates. The edges seem to always stick and tear and it’s just a pain in the ass.

So my wife ordered me this from Amazon.  Sure it’s 6 dollars for 2 rolls, but so much nicer than cutting down Saran wrap rolls





I got one of these and love it!


[waits to see who is going to lose their mind about parafilm]



I will admittedly spend for convenience but paying $30 for something that can be done in seconds with a knife is pretty luxurious

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #29339957 -

CocaineBuffet said:
Synack said:
Dynasty said:
I submit the dumbest “tool”.

I’m always complaining about having to cut the roll of cling wrap for wrapping plates. The edges seem to always stick and tear and it’s just a pain in the ass.

So my wife ordered me this from Amazon.  Sure it’s 6 dollars for 2 rolls, but so much nicer than cutting down Saran wrap rolls





I got one of these and love it!


[waits to see who is going to lose their mind about parafilm]



I will admittedly spend for convenience but paying $30 for something that can be done in seconds with a knife is pretty luxurious



Nothing wrong with a little luxury if you can afford it, though I'm not sure this qualifies as "luxurious". Certainly a bit extra--but of course parafilm is a bit extra and expensive itself :smile:


--------------------
:blackspy:00010010
"When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery <-- This is the way.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #29339958 -

CocaineBuffet said:
Synack said:
Dynasty said:
I submit the dumbest “tool”.

I’m always complaining about having to cut the roll of cling wrap for wrapping plates. The edges seem to always stick and tear and it’s just a pain in the ass.

So my wife ordered me this from Amazon.  Sure it’s 6 dollars for 2 rolls, but so much nicer than cutting down Saran wrap rolls





I got one of these and love it!


[waits to see who is going to lose their mind about parafilm]



I will admittedly spend for convenience but paying $30 for something that can be done in seconds with a knife is pretty luxurious



It was only 6 dollars, and my wife bought it, so it was free for me lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Dynasty] * 1
    #29340065 -

FuzzyFoot said:
These work great for changing blades

https://www.amazon.com/LEONTOOL-5-Inch-Pliers-Jewelry-Making/dp/B0C5T1PQVN?th=1



Thanks for the tip FuzzyFoot:hatsoff:
I'm currently using a curved hemostat forceps.



It works good when I'm putting the blade on the cheap handle, but when I need to get the blade off, I'm applying more pressure then I'd like to :uhoh: I'm hoping the Swann Morton handle will change this, but if not, I'll try the pliers, thanks :rockon:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Synack]
    #29340176 -

Synack said:
FuzzyFoot said:
Kloakk said:
Synack said:
I said they don't make a *7L* as in, an extra long psycho-killer variant like the #3L. That's a normal #7 :smile:

(I'm sure it's nice, but it's no mycelium scimitar!)



My bad, I didn't know the L was a different one, I've seen the same handle been called different things, but yeah, a normal #7 is good enough for me, but I'm tired of fighting when I need to change blade :muppet:




These work great for changing blades

https://www.amazon.com/LEONTOOL-5-Inch-Pliers-Jewelry-Making/dp/B0C5T1PQVN?th=1



I'm a fan of these mini blade removers/sharps containers https://www.amazon.com/Swann-Morton-Scalpel-Blade-Remover/dp/B0082CW90M





I was today years old when I learned these exist. Thank you!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: FuzzyFoot] * 2
    #29341108 -

Anyone else using HOCl instead of H2O2/Isopropyl for their sanitizing?



Got myself another gallon of 500ppm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: BlimeyGrimey] * 3
    #29341196 -

BlimeyGrimey said:
Anyone else using HOCl instead of H2O2/Isopropyl for their sanitizing?



Got myself another gallon of 500ppm.



I think dinosaur has mentioned using it. HOCl is a very potent oxidizer and good disinfectant, but it’s incredibly unstable. Most commercial use relies on generating the molecule on site and using immediately. Temperature, light exposure, even exposure to air will quickly degrade it’s germicidal properties. Most of the currently available bottled products rely on stabilizers and carbon dioxide to protect the molecule. Once you open the bottle the clock is ticking. If you use it store in a cool dark place, date you container when opening, and use it quickly. Shelf life of well stored containers after opening is as short as 3-4 months.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 6
    #29341264 -

Here is some accidental genius! I accidentally melted one leg on a hot surface. What I discovered is this 3/8” difference on one leg allows me to level the strainer in my sink, which like most if not all sinks has a slope for water drainage. No more tipping over when I’m dumping things in there!



--------------------
The Hitchikers Guide to the Shroomery

Sometimes you just have to shut up and color!
~CMS Wilbur

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: OLDDAD77] * 3
    #29341357 -

OLDDAD77 said:
Here is some accidental genius! I accidentally melted one leg on a hot surface. What I discovered is this 3/8” difference on one leg allows me to level the strainer in my sink, which like most if not all sinks has a slope for water drainage. No more tipping over when I’m dumping things in there!






Genius lol!  Now you gotta write a Tek for it!


-Kingboomer


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 2
    #29341364 -

RoscoeReturns said:
BlimeyGrimey said:
Anyone else using HOCl instead of H2O2/Isopropyl for their sanitizing?



Got myself another gallon of 500ppm.



I think dinosaur has mentioned using it. HOCl is a very potent oxidizer and good disinfectant, but it’s incredibly unstable. Most commercial use relies on generating the molecule on site and using immediately. Temperature, light exposure, even exposure to air will quickly degrade it’s germicidal properties. Most of the currently available bottled products rely on stabilizers and carbon dioxide to protect the molecule. Once you open the bottle the clock is ticking. If you use it store in a cool dark place, date you container when opening, and use it quickly. Shelf life of well stored containers after opening is as short as 3-4 months.



I use one of these: https://ecoloxtech.com/products/eco-one-natural-cleaner-and-sanitizer-system?variant=49770863329560


--------------------
:dragon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: hamloaf] * 9
    #29341741 -

Here's some of the tools I have acquired lately. Built the LFU la few weeks ago.



Also got a nice mini Bluetooth printer to label everything with.


--------------------
What's the hardest part of cultivating shrooms?
As Tom Petty said... "the wa-a-iting is the hardest part"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: markh]
    #29341769 -

You have some nice gadgets there!


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 691 | 692 | 693 | 694 | 695 | 696 | 697 | 698 | 699 | 700 | 701 | 702 | 703 | 704 | 705 | 706 | 707 | 708 | 709 | 710 | 711 | | Last >


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8718 8719 )
saralove 5,225,782 174,377 10/04/26 08:50 AM
by fahtster
* PCing tools of the trade no-tone 1,416 6 04/10/03 07:42 PM
by oO_wombat_Oo
* Posted this at Myco. interesting story... NewbieShroomer 3,219 3 12/26/01 10:22 PM
by blahblahblah
* Need advice on sterility & trading spores. The_Gnome_King 5,011 16 06/25/20 05:22 AM
by Zakkery
* Spore Trading Post Thom_Yorke 2,716 6 12/19/02 04:34 AM
by Iowa Rasta
* spore trading post? chronic_124 1,626 3 12/24/01 02:53 PM
by psilocybinjunkie
* Big investment/Mycobags tricks of trade belushi 1,844 3 12/06/02 02:29 PM
by f8L
* About the sporetrading post Mini Deluxe Kit chicagoist 2,201 11 08/10/01 02:23 PM
by FungusFarmer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
473,433 topic views. 22 members, 77 guests and 266 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.021 seconds on 18 queries.