Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 616 | 617 | 618 | 619 | 620 | 621 | 622 | 623 | 624 | 625 | 626 | 627 | 628 | 629 | 630 | 631 | 632 | 633 | 634 | 635 | 636 | | Last >
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven]
    #29294370 -

Everytime I get genetics shipped to Mr Swisher they don’t fucking show up. I’m assuming the post office is holding them because it’s not the name at my address but like bro that’s so sketchy.


--------------------
Face failure head on and learn something from it
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: misterswisher]
    #29294373 -

Do you get genetics when they aren’t addressed to Mr Swisher?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: The Tao]
    #29294383 -

Yeah I have. It’s 3 different envelopes that never made it. The one that was addressed to current resident came.


--------------------
Face failure head on and learn something from it
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: misterswisher]
    #29294384 -

misterswisher said:
Everytime I get genetics shipped to Mr Swisher they don’t fucking show up. I’m assuming the post office is holding them because it’s not the name at my address but like bro that’s so sketchy.



Yeah, official name on address is always the best policy. For, uh, everything. Shows them you have nothing to hide, and also way less likely to be some sort of mail fraud situation.

Or so SWIM tells me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 1
    #29294387 -

B Traven said:
misterswisher said:
Everytime I get genetics shipped to Mr Swisher they don’t fucking show up. I’m assuming the post office is holding them because it’s not the name at my address but like bro that’s so sketchy.



Yeah, official name on address is always the best policy. For, uh, everything. Shows them you have nothing to hide, and also way less likely to be some sort of mail fraud situation.

Or so SWIM tells me.




I thought SWIM got busted like 20 years ago...


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: kingboomer] * 2
    #29294419 -

SWIM got busted. S. Wim still runs free.
Make the envelope non interesting. It’s just another letter, nothing to see here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: The Tao] * 1
    #29294443 -

Yeah putting clever names and this kind of stuff on envelopes is an immediate red-flag. No return address, fake return address. Theres an entire department of the usps designated to looking into these things.  Undeliverable mail goes to the lost mail department, where, under certain circumstances, they can get a warrant to open any mail to attempt to find its source or where it was supposed to go. One of my best buds was a post office manager for years.

I'm just saying this for posterity, not to freak anyone out. But also, a really great way make mail boring and un-suspicious is by having custom labels for return addresses.  Make it boring. This part you can fake but use an address that exists somewhere but with a really boring name like "Donely & Soronenen CPA llc" for example. mailman sees that and thinks "probably someones w2".


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29294446 -

I like a return address that's a mailbox in a field. Or one time I used a post box in the middle of an open air mall.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #29294451 -

I wish a wrong name would stop mail coming to my place. Still get mail for people that haven’t lived here in over a decade.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 2
    #29294459 -

Don’t try to be clever. Try to be invisible. They look at mail all day, make yours look like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: The Tao] * 1
    #29294547 -

I guess my take on it is pretty simple, in addition to what everyone else said: own your shit. You're mailing something and/or receiving something. It's nobody else's business what it is, as long as you're not making anyone's job harder. If it's a package, do they ask you to certify that it's not 10 pounds of weed? No. They ask you to certify that it's not anything liquid, fragile, perishable, or hazardous.

If you act sketchy and use fake return addresses and mailing addresses with fake names and whatnot, nobody is thinking that you're mailing some genetic material that may or may not exist in a legally gray area. They're worried that you're pulling a scam, or mailing Anthrax or nail bombs or some shit. And yeah, they have the technology to track and monitor a lot of stuff, take scans of your mail and check addresses against names, etc. But the solution is not to act MORE sketchy on the radar screen.

I had a TSA agent pull a giant bag of weed cookies out of my backpack when it just showed up as a dense mass on the scanner. Asked "what is this?" I didn't say, "I don't know, I didn't put it there." I said, "cookies." And he said, "huh, OK, cookies." And we were both silently adding the "weed" part in our heads.


--------------------

Edited by B Traven (07/25/25 09:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: The Ferryman]
    #29294550 -

That Old Chestnut said:
I wish a wrong name would stop mail coming to my place. Still get mail for people that haven’t lived here in over a decade.



Same. I guess that it's still in the system somewhere. Then again, sometimes in our neighborhood we just straight-up get other people's mail from down the block, I think it's when we get a relief carrier who doesn't feel like going all the way down to the end of the street or some shit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29294564 -

BeefSupremeJr said:
Yeah putting clever names and this kind of stuff on envelopes is an immediate red-flag. No return address, fake return address. Theres an entire department of the usps designated to looking into these things.  Undeliverable mail goes to the lost mail department, where, under certain circumstances, they can get a warrant to open any mail to attempt to find its source or where it was supposed to go. One of my best buds was a post office manager for years.

I'm just saying this for posterity, not to freak anyone out. But also, a really great way make mail boring and un-suspicious is by having custom labels for return addresses.  Make it boring. This part you can fake but use an address that exists somewhere but with a really boring name like "Donely & Soronenen CPA llc" for example. mailman sees that and thinks "probably someones w2".




I completely get where you’re coming from but I don’t think Mr. swisher is that crazy of a name to have on an envelope. And I put usernames on some envelopes before and they received it.

I do think the city i live in is prissy and I think just won’t deliver anything with the wrong name to an address. Probably to eliminate getting prior tenants bills and stuff which I have happen in other cities often.

Now calling the post office and saying they were meant for my father and should be delivered to my address is what I’m thinking about doing. But I’m still kinda sketched out.


--------------------
Face failure head on and learn something from it
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: misterswisher] * 1
    #29294576 -

misterswisher said:
BeefSupremeJr said:
Yeah putting clever names and this kind of stuff on envelopes is an immediate red-flag. No return address, fake return address. Theres an entire department of the usps designated to looking into these things.  Undeliverable mail goes to the lost mail department, where, under certain circumstances, they can get a warrant to open any mail to attempt to find its source or where it was supposed to go. One of my best buds was a post office manager for years.

I'm just saying this for posterity, not to freak anyone out. But also, a really great way make mail boring and un-suspicious is by having custom labels for return addresses.  Make it boring. This part you can fake but use an address that exists somewhere but with a really boring name like "Donely & Soronenen CPA llc" for example. mailman sees that and thinks "probably someones w2".




I completely get where you’re coming from but I don’t think Mr. swisher is that crazy of a name to have on an envelope. And I put usernames on some envelopes before and they received it.

I do think the city i live in is prissy and I think just won’t deliver anything with the wrong name to an address. Probably to eliminate getting prior tenants bills and stuff which I have happen in other cities often.

Now calling the post office and saying they were meant for my father and should be delivered to my address is what I’m thinking about doing. But I’m still kinda sketched out.



That's pretty standard across the USPS system- they can scan mail and determine whether the name matches the address. L it can be a little random as to how seriously they take that and whether stuff with random names gets delivered, but we're talking about a federal agency here. I don't think it's a matter of how uptight your particular city is.

Coming up with a "not too crazy" name or some elaborate back-story isn't gonna help. The point is, you want stuff to not get diverted/held. If I changed my legal name to Crackhead McShitstain and filled out a change of address card, they wouldn't give it a second thought. If I suddenly randomly tried to order a bunch of stuff to "Mr. Smith" at my address, they would.

Again, if you don’t want problems, don't make other people's jobs harder. Just find someone who's willing to receive the package for you, at their address, in their name. If they're not cultivating anything, then there's really zero risk there. And that way, you're not creating extra work for USPS employees or potential problems for the vendor.

Edited by B Traven (07/25/25 10:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 1
    #29294693 -

Doesnt matter if its a innocuous name or not, if its not the name listed on the address you wont get it.

I had an 8 pack of niche tropical gatorade show up to my house with my address on it, but someone else's name.

Drank it without second thought.

Its to prevent stuff like that.

I moved to another state for 4 months and they want me to go in and sign something from the irs. Im assuming they are trying to confirm my address


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Edited by tryptkaloids (07/26/25 05:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: tryptkaloids] * 1
    #29294785 -

I get mail in both my legal name and my preferred name.

Prints go to my preferred first initial and my preferred last name.

I'm sure some of it depends on where you live and the delivery history at your address. My partner used to run an Airbnb and has had several roommates in the time that she's lived here. We also still get mail address to her parents, who have passed and this is their old house.

I don't know how the post office determines what's a valid name or not, but my first piece of mail when I started transitioning was a print.  The envelope hangs on my board and I didn't do anything special to register it.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: tree frog] * 2
    #29294822 -

I always use a fake LLC and a house down the street as a return address. The guy that lives there is a cop.

On another note Happy Gilmore 2 did not disappoint! My wife and I both laughed through the entire movie.


--------------------
The Hitchikers Guide to the Shroomery

Sometimes you just have to shut up and color!
~CMS Wilbur

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: OLDDAD77] * 1
    #29294874 -

its wierd.  sometimes you cant get them to stop sending mail that isnt yours other times they wont deliver your mail bc someone mispelled your last name.  it seems like its at the discretion of each carrier.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29294890 -

BeefSupremeJr said:
its wierd.  sometimes you cant get them to stop sending mail that isnt yours other times they wont deliver your mail bc someone mispelled your last name.  it seems like its at the discretion of each carrier.




Yeah hence why I called my city prissy. I lived a city over and here it’s the complete opposite of the last city I lived in. Very wealthy people ect. I got tons of mail that wasn’t mine in the other city. I’m just gonna chalk it up to a loss and I’ll just use my real name from now on 🤷🏻‍♂️ asking the post office for it seems kinda dumb but at the same time it’s fucking spores so it’s not like anything can be done. And I’m out of this city in about 2 weeks.


Another confession:
I used my new to me pressure cooker because it’s bigger(but has no gauge and I’m retarded). I normally let jars sit a few days to ensure there’s no growth. Well I got excited and used THE ONLY cross plate for a project I’m on in it. Well I made 2 jars one from an old batch that is good, one from this one. But looks like I lost it.. the dark kernels is a dead giveaway of some bacteria chilling inside.

Hopefully the other jar is enough for a fhatlock and I can get what I need from it.


--------------------
Face failure head on and learn something from it
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: misterswisher]
    #29294899 -

Confession of the century

Wedgie is my puppet and so is Dr. Smoke

What are u going to do about it ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 616 | 617 | 618 | 619 | 620 | 621 | 622 | 623 | 624 | 625 | 626 | 627 | 628 | 629 | 630 | 631 | 632 | 633 | 634 | 635 | 636 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mushy strain spontaneously evolving? Tylor 1,183 13 09/15/04 08:34 PM
by MAGnum
* spider in my casing! XAZIA 1,263 8 03/06/02 07:56 PM
by fungichick
* A big spider
( 1 2 all )
LethalX5 1,646 21 08/08/06 07:11 PM
by Eraserhead
* Spiders demiu5 1,147 4 08/25/05 03:58 PM
by TheLegend
* Outdoor Cultivation. Can I apply a casing layer late? TheFish 1,118 6 06/29/07 11:02 AM
by mushbaby
* I've cultivated... zetek 900 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* Spider Web Question thenewuser 789 6 10/25/04 03:55 AM
by thenewuser
* alt.drugs.mushrooms.cultivation (good/bad idea) BikeCourier 7,151 9 10/26/21 06:04 PM
by LogicaL Chaos

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
459,317 topic views. 12 members, 35 guests and 100 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.047 seconds spending 0.022 seconds on 18 queries.