Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2434 | 2435 | 2436 | 2437 | 2438 | 2439 | 2440 | 2441 | 2442 | 2443 | 2444 | 2445 | 2446 | 2447 | 2448 | 2449 | 2450 | 2451 | 2452 | 2453 | 2454 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #29079036 -

Currently using unmodified 2 piece lids with full size underneath.
Might switch to one piece plastics tho


--------------------
Thank your postal workers when you see them. None of this would be possible without them.

Necessity is the mother of invention

Edited by EniQma (01/06/25 01:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: EniQma] * 1
    #29079039 -

You'll never look back.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #29079041 -

So plastic with rtv’d disc hole?
Was worried about trying to fit all 10 quarts in my pc at a time with different lids
Are the white ones they carry better than Ball brand black ones?


--------------------
Thank your postal workers when you see them. None of this would be possible without them.

Necessity is the mother of invention

Edited by EniQma (01/06/25 01:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: EniQma] * 2
    #29079063 -

I prefer the black, ball-leak proof lids, personally.



Left is 29mm, right was the large ones cut down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #29079092 -

How do you do grain to grain transfer when your grain and myc is all stuck together? I've got a nice looking grain jar that I want to transfer to a bunch of other jars, but it doesn't pour because it's colonized and everything is stuck together. Any tips for doing this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Butter_Butter] * 3
    #29079099 -

Shake shake shake
:pawshake:

Outside of SAB, of course.

RR used an inflated bike tire to beat it on.  But if your spawn was clean and you rinsed it, it should break up quite easily.

Edited by LewDoja (01/06/25 01:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja]
    #29079125 -

Was gonna make some PF Tek pucks for cleaning up cultures. I make cakes with other types of flours without any problems (recently did oatmeal and red rice), but in this case, is it BRF specifically that has such good odds against bacteria, or the PF substrate with a bunch of vermiculite?



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24806569


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Edited by Huskies (01/06/25 02:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29079137 -

Brown Rice in general has a lower bioburden, Than cereals.
It's also finer, and coats the Verm well

Oatmeal has higher lipid content, also may absorb more water messing with whole structure.

Edited by LewDoja (01/06/25 02:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja] * 3
    #29079163 -

I see, so I will get BRF for the Josex Pucks in particular to maximize the benefits.

Oatmeal FLOUR works nicely for cakes as I recently discovered. I just use whats on hand because fucking pantry moths made a mess of the flours I had. Next attempt will be chickpea :p I basically just ground the oatmeal in a blender because of pantry moth eggs and larvae.



--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29079167 -

Have these not worked for you, for the poke?

I'd still give it a try if you've got it on hand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja]
    #29079175 -

No, I just haven't tried the poke method yet. Figured I want to clean my cultures on pucks first before trying LC.

I just don't have BRF on me, I do have oatmeal flour and chickpea though. Seems shortsighted to risk pucks with experimental flours.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29079184 -

Haven't heard much about chickpea,  but the red rice in coffee grinder should be doable

Edited by LewDoja (01/07/25 05:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja]
    #29079291 -

I've got 5 myco-quarts going and I was wondering if they're ready to spawn to bulk (coir). I started the first two on 12.19 and the next three on 12.22 so they've been going for what feels like a while (just over 2 weeks at this point). I tiger dropped what seemed like clean agar into both and shook them when they were close to 30% colonized.




I can see that the top of 2 hasn't finished colonizing yet, and 3/4/5 aren't as thick of growth. Do they look good so far?

This is my first go at this so any perspective would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-sage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: sage_bd]
    #29079297 -

Just cubes? Look awfully fluffy - my guess is they are bacterial but that doesn’t mean you can’t send em - just not ideal. Have any photos of the plates that got dropped?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bluespirit13]
    #29079298 -

Also IMO - 3 looks the sketchiest and 5 looks the best.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bluespirit13]
    #29079308 -

All 5 are bacterial, but you can probably get some fruits out of 1, 4, and especially 5. I’d toss the other two. Great job for your first time :cheers:


--------------------
CV+

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MojaveMyc]
    #29079332 -





Heres my wbs spawn. Whats wrong with it? Hydrated the wbs more this time because of mysterious contam issues. Nats and APE. Been colonized for about a week now. All inoculated on 12-11.


--------------------



Edited by AspectOfTheCreator (01/06/25 05:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bluespirit13] * 1
    #29079338 -

yeah all cubes, gt, b+, and Costa Rica from mss onto agar, unfortunately no photos of the agar, but I do have some from recent transfers. 1=B+, 2=CR, 3=GT




The GT(3) I left out so they were cold for the first few days and they switched over from tomentose to rhizo, they also grew up (vertically) rather than out, all 6 are donor plates so they've been sitting in the cold for at least a few days which you can see most notably on GT(3) where the growth is up, flat, then up again.

Also black specs are either activated carbon or burnt bits from my scalpel. Most, if not all of the plates were teal LME and the color has been mostly eaten up.

I was assuming the cold was a stressor and 'caused' them to go rhizo but no clue, like I said my first go at this:shrug:. They all smell like shrooms (which doesn't mean a lot), checked them today but they seem to have stalled esp 2, so I was concerned...

Cold in my case is room temp, avg is 66, low of 60 at night probably. My agar storage tote is closer to 80+ (is this too warm?) on the bottom level and 70 at the top.

Edited by sage_bd (01/06/25 05:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MojaveMyc]
    #29079341 -

awesome, thanks :smile: so if I do get fruits from these and clone those would those likely still have a bacterial contamination?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #29079393 -




Any ideas why I have no pins? 4 of the jars finished first so I put those in and got an OK flush (8g dried) and some small second flush. But the 6 jars I added later have no pins after 16 days.

The ones that did fruit were Treasure Coast, the other 6 are Puerto Rico and Mexicana.

Any ideas on how to fix my setup would be appreciated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2434 | 2435 | 2436 | 2437 | 2438 | 2439 | 2440 | 2441 | 2442 | 2443 | 2444 | 2445 | 2446 | 2447 | 2448 | 2449 | 2450 | 2451 | 2452 | 2453 | 2454 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* Creeper Questions answered : casing etc PICS Hexum311 1,166 1 02/23/03 05:15 PM
by djd586
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,159,033 topic views. 12 members, 52 guests and 177 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.075 seconds spending 0.05 seconds on 18 queries.