Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2086 | 2087 | 2088 | 2089 | 2090 | 2091 | 2092 | 2093 | 2094 | 2095 | 2096 | 2097 | 2098 | 2099 | 2100 | 2101 | 2102 | 2103 | 2104 | 2105 | 2106 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: longstrangetrip8] * 1
    #28941453 -

longstrangetrip8 said:
Is that trich or something else?



It looks like trich, though the picture isn't super clear.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kinoko314] * 2
    #28941459 -

Kinoko314 said:
IDK, Derrayld always says triched out tubs won't affect healthy tubs.  I tend to be more paranoid.  I'm also not sure if contams other than trich are more risky for your other tubs.



In this context there's no reason to keep a green tub around.
I'm not saying it's necessarily going to be an issue but there's no reason to keep a contaminated tub around.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Phaethon]
    #28941523 -

Phaethon said:
I'd also recommend adding at least 30 minutes to your PC time - 90 minutes for quart jars is borderline and "more is more" when it comes to sterilization.

Millet (usually the primary component in WBS) can usually be loaded a bit damp and it will absorb the extra water. Especially if you don't boil, you'll want them a bit damp IMO.

But ensuring still air is probably going to be your biggest help - hopefully that's easier in the non-summer months.



Would I be able to just re pc the grain jars I have sitting there? Or should I just start grain prep from scratch? They’ve been sitting for like a month or two.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: NotWimbo] * 1
    #28941535 -

If they have been sitting there for a month, and there is nothing growing in there contamination wise.
Then I don’t think you need to do anything else to them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: NotWimbo]
    #28941536 -

Does my surface conditions look okay? Too wet?

Day 12 since STB, tiny bit of knotting going on

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Dnice1] * 2
    #28941538 -

You’re in decent shape. Some slight yellowing where the sub meets the bags.

Sometimes I use a clean paper towel to dab off areas that accumulate “puddles” of water. You’ve got a small outer moat forming

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Dnice1]
    #28941567 -

I'd call it ALMOST too wet.  It's probably fine as it is, or you could try to give it just a touch more fae.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nimpo]
    #28941595 -

Nimpo said:
You’re in decent shape. Some slight yellowing where the sub meets the bags.

Sometimes I use a clean paper towel to dab off areas that accumulate “puddles” of water. You’ve got a small outer moat forming



Right on. I’ll give that a go

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kinoko314]
    #28941598 -

Kinoko314 said:
I'd call it ALMOST too wet.  It's probably fine as it is, or you could try to give it just a touch more fae.



I tried running a small fan in the room, a couple of them dried out pretty quickly so I turned it off. Door is cracked and Co2 ppm is around 500 so I’m assuming they’re getting enough FAE. Not sure how to increase without drying out the surface lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Dnice1]
    #28941854 -

Why does an EZ Dial mono require holes at sub level along with the holes at the top, but cracking the lid of a shoebox is only providing airflow at the top of the tub and works out fine?


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28941862 -

C02 is heavier than Oxygen; undisturbed will layer at surface level.
A shoebox is shallow and a monotub is deep.
Mycelium produces heat; hot air rises (like in a hot air ballon) and exits through the top holes, creating a vacuum effect,  forcing fresh air in through the surface holes disturbing and replacing the C02 layer.


--------------------
“All this buttoning and unbuttoning”

Edited by 999999999 (09/10/24 06:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 999999999] * 1
    #28941876 -

999999999 said:
C02 is heavier than Oxygen; undisturbed will layer at surface level.
A shoebox is shallow and a monotub is deep.
Mycelium produces heat; hot air rises (like in a hot air ballon) and exits through the top holes, creating a vacuum effect,  forcing fresh air in through the surface holes disturbing and replacing the C02 layer.



I thought the difference in height might be it - couldn't think of any other differences. Thanks amigo!


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28941882 -

monotubs with a big enough gap or spacer in the lid to cause air turbulence will work just fine too, tho :biggrin:


baba's pic


--------------------
“All this buttoning and unbuttoning”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 999999999]
    #28941893 -

Looking for opinions.   

Top# 3-5 beginner friendly  Cube varieties to work with? 

Im nEw to the hoobby and I don't wanna jump into anything that's obviously outta my league.

I mean does it even work like that?
Are some harder to cultivate than others?  Speaking specifically about cubes. 

And I don't assume that just because somthing is easier, means  I'll be successful. I understand it's all relative. Especially  Considering how much of my actual success rate actually depends on my sterile technique.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie] * 3
    #28941901 -

callmehippie said:
Looking for opinions.   

Top# 3-5 beginner friendly  Cube varieties to work with? 

Im nEw to the hoobby and I don't wanna jump into anything that's obviously outta my league.

I mean does it even work like that?
Are some harder to cultivate than others?  Speaking specifically about cubes. 

And I don't assume that just because somthing is easier, means  I'll be successful. I understand it's all relative. Especially  Considering how much of my actual success rate actually depends on my sterile technique.



Honestly, just get any of the classics like B+, Ecuadorian, Golden Teacher, etc. I'd say stay away from Penis Envy in the beginning because even though they're not any harder to cultivate, they take a lot longer to grow and if you're just starting out, you don't want to test your patience even more than your first grow already will.

Have fun! :smile:

Also, I can finally say the thing, yay!
"A cube is a cube."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie] * 2
    #28941902 -

:whathesaid:
Chose one landrace, a brown mushroom.
Focus on growing the shit out of it, get to know it deeply...In my opinion, that's the best way to improve; reducing the variables to one variety. Before you star trying to catch all the pokémons
It's a beautiful hobby and another way to connect with nature, have a blast!


--------------------
“All this buttoning and unbuttoning”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 999999999]
    #28942068 -

50-75% colonized sub but it looks like parts of the coir are a bit dry. Beaded water on colonized sections and no mod tub walls. Should I mist?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Letsfly24]
    #28942070 -

Pictures?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28942086 -

Gonna have to do that tomorrow AM. But I will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28942148 -

Here’s a shitty ones from a couple days prior. It looks a bit drier than this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2086 | 2087 | 2088 | 2089 | 2090 | 2091 | 2092 | 2093 | 2094 | 2095 | 2096 | 2097 | 2098 | 2099 | 2100 | 2101 | 2102 | 2103 | 2104 | 2105 | 2106 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,846 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question evilacid 514 5 03/13/03 05:25 PM
by evilacid
* quick question SuppaFly 1,043 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* a quick questions switchstants 412 1 03/14/03 10:39 AM
by ExtravagantDream

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,158,379 topic views. 6 members, 51 guests and 127 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.067 seconds spending 0.044 seconds on 18 queries.