Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 |  [ show all ]
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: ReverendMyc] * 1
    #28731679 -

Well the tub myc to puck didn't seem to work.

These are the t1s from pucks all taken the same day. Call me paranoid, but I don't think that the bisporus in 1689 is pan myc.

Also still getting scalloping edges on the tamps.

I took transfers and sent them to grain any way to see what is what.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: ReverendMyc] * 1
    #28736512 -

Cross post from the puck drop but thought I'll put it here as well since it's on topic.

Puck transfers do recover way faster when taken to agar than agar to agar transfers. These pan transfers were made 24 hrs ago. (The liquid around the agar transfer is no bacteria by the way.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: Baba Yaga] * 1
    #28736861 -

Both of my swabs I jabbed into my pucks germinated, unfortunately one of them contaminated at the top of the q-tip.
The one that contaminated was from a giveaway a few years ago.
The other was PE swab I made in 2020, and is growing clean still no contam nearly 1 month later.
It is growing pretty slow though, I think I'll take a transfer off the puck onto some agar as well.
Really need to back it up anyways since that swab was the last of my PE genetics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: Psilosion] * 1
    #28737016 -

Finally getting around to these. My plan is to use poo tea as my water as I'm mostly running Pans in them.  Going to put a few different Bisporus genetics on a bunch of them.  Look for pin clones from some, use some jars as spawn, and save some jars for cloning.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: tree frog] * 1
    #28737205 -

tree frog said:
Finally getting around to these. My plan is to use poo tea as my water as I'm mostly running Pans in them.  Going to put a few different Bisporus genetics on a bunch of them.  Look for pin clones from some, use some jars as spawn, and save some jars for cloning.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: The Tao]
    #28739686 -


Latest pucks from clones inoculated 24 hrs ago. I will try to keep these updated as they progress. I place the inoculation material close to the glass on one side and label it there, then wait for myc to expand towards the other side to get a clean bit to transfer. Then wait for pins.
First column is Pan Cyan BVI
1740 inner flesh dipped in h2o2
1741 pin dipped in h2o2
1742 pin no h2o2

Second column is Cubensis Golden Teacher
Both inner flesh

Third column is Subtropicalis Hindsight
Both inner flesh

On a related note, I just cleaned up and ran new puck jars but never took pictures of the pins I got from a few of the pans.:facepalm:


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: ReverendMyc] * 2
    #28740113 -

I got my little flow hood today and transferred some mycelium from a couple BRF cakes to agar.
Hopefully the flow hood works well, it's weird not working in a SAB.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: Psilosion] * 2
    #28742679 -

Day 4



H2o2 dipped inner flesh BVI not doing anything visible yet, dipped pin taking off and undipped pin also reaching out. The last picture shows the undipped pin is showing some myc growth further from the pin as well. Hoping that is mushroom mycelium. Will keep an eye on it.


GT inner flesh is making some fuzzy little woolly worms, but not grabbing the brf yet. Just fuzzing out on the surface for now.


Subtrop inner flesh myc is reaching out taste some puck.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: ReverendMyc] * 1
    #28742682 -

Looks Puckin Delicious


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: Dala] * 2
    #28750836 -

Bisporus love the pucks hydrated with manure tea.  Going to make some more tomorrow and run several pan cyan pucks from MS.  Hoping something will pin invitro.

Anyway, Bisporus.  Nice and healthy mycelium munching away.



--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: tree frog] * 2
    #28751599 -

Picked up 24 half pint jars, as well as some new lids.  I plan to make 14 lids dedicated to this prep, as my other lids have quarter inch holes in them.  (14 because I can easily run two stacks of 7 in the PC). 

The pucks I put the quarter inch hole lids on are running fine, but these lids I plan to do 8th inch holes and dedicate them to BRF pucks and other half pint jar projects.

Anyway doubling the prep made 14 jars. I am still using manure tea as I'm mostly running pans.  I think I'm going to put some peat on top of some of these.  It will be a sterilized casing layer.

But the idea is to try to get pan cyans to fruit in vitro so I can take some clean clones.



--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Edited by tree frog (04/27/24 08:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: tree frog]
    #28773268 -

I hope that tea works for you. I have not gotten any pans to pin in vitro yet and that might be the key.


Got some GT pins, though. Day 28 since inoculating with some clone tissues.

Going to pluck them and drop 'em directly into some grain jars, I think.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Edited by ReverendMyc (05/13/24 06:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: ReverendMyc] * 3
    #28790963 -

Not invitro but cased my bisporus pucks hydrated with manure tea and they all fruited.

1/2" casing outperformed 1/4" and 1" (so far.)  Some side shots of the three best out of eight.

1/4" and 1/2"


1/2" and 1"


Top shot of best puck.  I'll probably clone that little cluster of two in the upper left as the rest are basically side pins.


Also have four cased invitro pucks going of bvi and bisporus.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: tree frog]
    #28791137 -

Nice, tree frog. After saying that I hadn't gotten any pan pins on pucks, I did get one not long after.

I just made up a bunch of hpoo tea pucks that I will be using for the next batch of clones of pans and other psilocybes. I also top fruited a bunch of standard brf pucks so I will update on both as they progress.

Thanks for the pictures and the lead on hpoo tea.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #28797708 -

I love this. Got 6 of these going well right now from swabs, prints, and clone tissue (2 of each). If my goal is to make LC, can I just wait for pins and drop them directly into broth, or would you still clean on agar first? Or use another method, like bits of brf myc?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: Hysteria] * 4
    #28798708 -

I just did some pins straight to grains and they turned out beautifully. I haven't done LCs, but don't see why an in vitro pin to LC would be any issue.

All of my liquid expansion is just dicing up agar plates into sterilized distilled water like the gif in my signature. Give them a week or a year, then shake and pour small amounts into grains. Easy peasy.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #28799229 -

ReverendMyc said:
I just did some pins straight to grains and they turned out beautifully. I haven't done LCs, but don't see why an in vitro pin to LC would be any issue.

All of my liquid expansion is just dicing up agar plates into sterilized distilled water like the gif in my signature. Give them a week or a year, then shake and pour small amounts into grains. Easy peasy.



So instead of traditional LC you make giant versions of the cryo vial, and it works just as well? Why do people bother adding nutes or agar, then? Very interesting. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: Hysteria] * 1
    #28799241 -

Kinda what I thought, but yes, that is exactly what I do. I fill it 2/3 to 3/4 with distilled water to leave room for some air. Don't know if that matters but it works great for me.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #28799276 -

Awesome! Gonna do this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pristine BRF Puck tek [Re: Hysteria] * 2
    #28799307 -

Yeah, this is cool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Too Much Water in BRF PF TEK? Anonymous 9,874 8 05/15/03 08:31 AM
by MykeOfile
* Brf PF-Tek stalled again.... <help needed> pussycontrol 1,968 14 05/17/03 05:40 AM
by FunkyBudah
* verm/brf pf tek--were they too hot? fungus888 954 3 04/11/03 02:25 PM
by BigJohnson
* PF Tek, results of 100% replacing BRF with Millet flour Shroomanton 7,442 6 12/15/03 01:35 AM
by Hanky
* 6T WBS TEK IS AMAZING Pavement 11,410 13 03/11/10 10:09 AM
by dirtyd458
* Bird Seeds TEK Question Anonymous 1,969 4 10/14/02 03:58 PM
by Charlie_Bucket
* Dung, Straw and BRF cakes ElectricGnome 1,049 4 07/08/03 12:39 PM
by Psilocybin_monkey
* Tek Advice VisionaryRacer 1,764 3 05/24/02 06:15 AM
by Roadkill

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
18,575 topic views. 19 members, 168 guests and 249 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.