Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Bird Seeds TEK Question
    #959860 - 10/14/02 03:47 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

This is my 4th try with shrooms, I have only done the brf/vermic TEK.
I have been very successfull but the flushes arent that great.

I went to walmart and bought some finch seeds, it was comprised mostly if "white millet"
(Which i was told was good)

I did 2/3 bird seed
1/3 water
(All in accordance with Deathhead TEK)1 pint jars...

That was like 4-5 days ago.
I checked today and did not see any signs of mycelium, I innoculated with PESA.

I also started regular batch of BRF/VERMIC PF Style at the same time and innoculated with Hawaii, and those are covered with myceliumm already...

Whats the deal with the Birdseeds TEK. I went to walmart just as I was advised to. Everything was done the right way.... Pressure cooked for an Hour, let cool overnight and then innoculated with 1cc in each pint jar.

Does it take longer for the mycelium to start to grow or something? Should I have used 2 cc per jar? Do I have to do something differnt? Shoudl I just go and buy some rye berrys??? Is that easier

Thanks for the help...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Bird Seeds TEK Question [Re: Anonymous]
    #959899 - 10/14/02 04:04 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

I believe many will tell you , seed you got is okay . But soak it over night , dump and rinse , let sit in strainer for awhile  , put in jars an pc for 40 min ...........
This is method being played with by us  , but looks good so far .....
Go to a feed and grain store , if you have one near by .
Get Milo and millet (does not matter type of millet ) bird seed that has no bird coat (if possible ,was for us ) . Mix up seed 1 part milo 1 part millet .
In half pint jar add 1/4 cup of grain mix , 35ml of distilled water put in aoutoclav (or pc ) for 50 min . Let cool to room temp , innoc with favorite method , keep warm (84*F) , dark as usuall . Currently working on 1/3 cup recipe in half pint jars for more content . 45-50 ml is probably good water amount for 1/3 cup .
Tried the soak method once , was pefect for water content but was pain for lazy type with all that spooning into jars and such . But above method works great so far .
Give yours some more time before calling a flop .
Good Luck  :cool: 

Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (10/14/02 04:05 PM)

Loc: UK...London(ish)
    #959940 - 10/14/02 04:20 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

I did the same tek a few weeks back with 2 jars.I innoced + shook with some Mexican cubie myc/honey water,they showed nice growth in 3-4 days.Then i shook one of the jars again to mix up the myc,the other i left.Since then the shaken jar is showing no signs of life at all but the unshaken jar is about 25% colonized....Is it possible that the shaking killed the myc?...Mintcent...Id give the myc awhile longer to get going.....Peace

#959947 - 10/14/02 04:24 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

here is the way i do it. i never have had any problems with it.
put b seed in a broth pot 1/2 full. fill with water to the point where all the bseed is covered + 1/4 inch. bring to a very faint boil then reduce to 3 (my stove is numbered from low then 1-10.) let it stay there until most of the water is absorbed then reduce to low. let water finish absorbing. turn off heat. smoke a cigarette. strain and fill pints or quarts (i use pints) a little more than 1/2 full. they will expand a little in the pc. i pc pints for 1.25 hours; quarts for 1.5 hours. note that no water was added to the jars before you pc. be sure to shake the jars while they are still warm or they will be hell to break up thoroughly.

Have a smurfy day!!!

ChocolateFactory Owner

Loc: Texas
    #960160 - 10/14/02 05:58 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

It might take you longer than your pf jars, for one grain likes air exchange. Also the
hule of the grain is a nature defense, so i think sometimes it takes longer for
the mycelium to break through to the nutrients. where as the mycelium has direct
access to the brown rice flour. not for sure but my pure grain does take a little
longer. In any case if you do not see groth in two weeks, chunk um.

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation