Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1842 | 1843 | 1844 | 1845 | 1846 | 1847 | 1848 | 1849 | 1850 | 1851 | 1852 | 1853 | 1854 | 1855 | 1856 | 1857 | 1858 | 1859 | 1860 | 1861 | 1862 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: catz]
    #28797018 -

Can you over dehydrate shrooms. Like, does anything go wrong if you leave em in the dehydrator for too long?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: catz] * 4
    #28797025 -

No


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #28797115 -

Smellyhobbit said:
Nichrome said:




Funny you should say. This is my first mono




Wtf? I’ve seen you post crazy flushes and you’ve never done a mono?  All shoeboxes? 

Put some time away for harvesting, excited to see what you can pull off

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SkiLLiT]
    #28797123 -

Hello, I can't do agar since I don't have a correct setup for the moment.

Still, I have cardboard clones.

1/ Do you think I can expand them on much more cardboard ?
2/ Can I use the result if any, to colonize a more suitable substrate ? (the idea is to reduce the possibility of contamination by increasing the mycelium added at the beginning)

Fungify

Edited by Fungify (06/02/24 03:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #28797124 -

Smellyhobbit said:
Nichrome said:




Funny you should say. This is my first mono



:crondance:


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: wosbit]
    #28797185 -

Awesome, thank you! I think I am battling some fae. I have some fuzzy feet going on, and initially thought it was mold, but got to looking into it and read it was because they need a little more fanning. I've had a few shoot up real quick. I think I'm just going to keep controlling the humidity and 12/12 lighting. Trust the process and maybe introduce more fanning. At least tlI think that is the proper path forward. My first batch.

Thanks again!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: almostdangerous]
    #28797216 -

Can I get someone's opinion on whether this is mycelium or mold?


Sorry this is as clear as I could get the photos

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Bemused Hippie]
    #28797224 -

Yes, it's mycelium...looks like it could be mushroom mycelium, but it could also be some kind of mold mycelium.  Let it grow out a bit so you can see the the growth structure more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fungify]
    #28797261 -

Fungify said:
Hello, I can't do agar since I don't have a correct setup for the moment.

Still, I have cardboard clones.

1/ Do you think I can expand them on much more cardboard ?
2/ Can I use the result if any, to colonize a more suitable substrate ? (the idea is to reduce the possibility of contamination by increasing the mycelium added at the beginning)

Fungify



Buddy, we need way more info than that.  Do you mean you have placed stem butts on cardboard from finds of wild mushrooms?  What species are you talking about?  What substrate?  What are your plans here?


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Bemused Hippie]
    #28797262 -

Bemused Hippie said:
Can I get someone's opinion on whether this is mycelium or mold?


Sorry this is as clear as I could get the photos



Love the avatar, we used to get hammered and watch the young ones at the punk house I lived in.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SkiLLiT]
    #28797266 -

SkiLLiT said:
Smellyhobbit said:
Nichrome said:




Funny you should say. This is my first mono




Wtf? I’ve seen you post crazy flushes and you’ve never done a mono?  All shoeboxes? 

Put some time away for harvesting, excited to see what you can pull off



Yeah all shoebies so far


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PBJ710]
    #28797360 -

Ok thanks. You may be hearing from me again then in the coming days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mr Piggy] * 2
    #28797367 -

I grew up watching it and Bottom and the like, moulded me into an entirely sane individual :crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Bemused Hippie]
    #28797386 -

the substrate is full of spores, right?



this is the second flush and they changed shape and dropped spores very fast.

It is my first time growing so I'm just checking nothing out of the ordinary is going on

Edited by MidnightSun (06/02/24 09:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MidnightSun]
    #28797398 -

Yes, the dark areas are spores.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Bemused Hippie]
    #28797425 -

Bemused Hippie said:
I grew up watching it and Bottom and the like, moulded me into an entirely sane individual :crazy2:



I was pretty much viv.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #28797427 -

Smellyhobbit said:
SkiLLiT said:
Smellyhobbit said:
Nichrome said:




Funny you should say. This is my first mono




Wtf? I’ve seen you post crazy flushes and you’ve never done a mono?  All shoeboxes? 

Put some time away for harvesting, excited to see what you can pull off



Yeah all shoebies so far



Moving on up.


--------------------

🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿
TEAM SPREAD THE LOVE!
Smellyhobbit said:
Embarrassment and bashfulness are leeches on your ability to learn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: HILLBILLY OUTLAW]
    #28797450 -

and the "purple" mushrooms full of spores can be dried and consumed normally right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MidnightSun]
    #28797457 -

The psychoactive compound is that color. The goal is to eat that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #28797469 -

I believe the purple they are referring to are the spore covered mushrooms, not bruising.

They are fine to consume.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1842 | 1843 | 1844 | 1845 | 1846 | 1847 | 1848 | 1849 | 1850 | 1851 | 1852 | 1853 | 1854 | 1855 | 1856 | 1857 | 1858 | 1859 | 1860 | 1861 | 1862 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* Verm question optikal_trip 736 5 09/24/01 08:22 PM
by optikal_trip
* A QUICK QUESTION....NEED FAST REPLY PLZ MushroomBoy123 1,298 10 05/23/02 09:33 PM
by MushroomBoy123
* Quick Question About Sterilization Nirvhead 844 5 12/22/02 01:23 PM
by Angry Mycologist
* Quick Question, quick answer please Close Call 620 1 10/06/02 10:18 AM
by rheidiohed121
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,154,251 topic views. 19 members, 79 guests and 170 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.051 seconds spending 0.029 seconds on 16 queries.