Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Delosperma Bosseranum pic
    #2856909 - 07/04/04 08:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Here is a pic of some of my d bosseranum in a little pot. The largest one is about 3 inches or so tall. They are starting to branch. I started them in Feb. This one is supposed to have an effect like scelletium but you don't have to ferment it. The root is also said to be good and more stimulating than the leaves. This one is not very well known but I think it will become more popular as people come in contact with it. I like it better than selletium as far as it's growth. It's much faster than scelly and is not bothered by heat.

Stoney

Edited by Stonehenge (07/05/04 02:23 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: Delosperma Bosseranum pic [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2858167 - 07/05/04 07:23 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I should hopefully be getting a couple of seeds for this plant soon... can you tell me how you grew yours, and if it required any special care?

InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Re: Delosperma Bosseranum pic [Re: Openminded]
    #2858725 - 07/05/04 02:21 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The seeds are very tiny, about the size of a poppy seed or even smaller. I'd say smaller, just little red dots. I sprinkled them on the surface of the soil and didn't cover them at all. I put plastic wrap over the pot and in a few days or so they came up. It may have taken a week or so. The new plants are tiny but they grow reasonably fast. They grow about twice as fast as scelletium and like light and moderate ferts. They grew faster as they got bigger and seem to be taking off somewhat. Someone who grows them told me the root is the best part. He said it has a carrot like root that is more stimulating than scelly. I'm thinking mine might flower this fall particularly if I put them outside. I have about a dozen plants but some are still small. I'm really curious as to what the effects are like but I don't want to sacrifice any of my seedlings.

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: Delosperma Bosseranum pic [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2858753 - 07/05/04 02:47 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I know the seeds are tiny; I planted some cooperi, they sprouted fine but all were killed by mould. I pretty much did what you did, but I think I just had it too wet for too long, I battled with cheshunt compound for a while, but lost :frown:. I've ordered three established plants though, I'm still planning to do an AB extraction of a load of it and see what I get!

I think it was at the Corroboree that I read that someone absorbed an active dose while preparing the roots for consumption :laugh:. It certainly does sound like an interesting plant :yesnod: (love that smiley!).

"I'm thinking mine might flower this fall particularly if I put them outside."

On a related subject, one of my scellies looks like it might be growing flower buds, despite being tiny and young (seeds planted Dec 24th). They certainly aren't normal pairs of leaves that are forming. When some of my newly planted ethno seeds have sprouted I think I'll take pics of everything, and you can all have a look and tell me what you think. By that time I might know anyway...

Anyway, cheers for the info Stonehenge, keep us all updated on your plants' progress..!

InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Re: Delosperma Bosseranum pic [Re: Openminded]
    #2861367 - 07/06/04 02:14 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

> one of my scellies looks like it might be growing flower buds, despite being tiny and young

I just noticed a tiny flower on one of my bosseranums. It's just over 1/8" across and is white. With luck, I'll get some seeds later on. I'm a little surprised it flowered since its inside with lights on most of the time. They seem to grow faster the larger they get. I don't really want them to flower since that usually slows down overall growth. It may be a long day flowering plant like poppies.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden