Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | | Last >
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: shivas.wisdom] * 1
    #27727384 -

shivas.wisdom said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
One is a verbal sign of respect, the other means you'd be willing to use military power to enforce the results.



Considering the fact Russia is currently using military power to enforce the results, it seems that Russia was willing to use military power. I guess you could say that technically they officially recognized the results immediately before invading, but it's not like Russia wasn't willing to use military power in the region up until the moment of formal declaration.



I don't know, and I'm not interested in a guessing game.  I think I LOT more happened that led to Russia's use of force.

shivas.wisdom said:
Nonetheless, it does seem you acknowledge that both the DPR and LPR held elections that directly contravened the Minsk accords, so is it really fair to put all the blame on the Ukrainian state?



It was soon recognized that Donbas should hold local elections, which Minsk II allowed.

shivas.wisdom said:
You agreed that "coup carries the implicit bias of 'installation of autocratic regime'." Do you think all these words carry that same bias?



To me they are the same.  If you disagree, that's fine.

shivas.wisdom said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Let the territories themselves decide what they want.



Okay, but you do understand that one perspective is that 'Ukraine' is the national territory that has decided to preserve its integrity - while breakaway regions in the east hold the perspective that they are separate territories that have decided on autonomy. That's why there's conflict.



Yes, I do realize that.  Do you realize that the breakaway regions of Ukraine wanted autonomy from Ukraine since the Soviet Union fell apart?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27727399 -

I'm a huge fan of Clare Daly from Ireland, who was elected as a member of the European Parliament (MEP).  I've seen a lot of great speeches from her.  Here's another one regarding Ukraine:



--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27727566 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
shivas.wisdom said:
Nonetheless, it does seem you acknowledge that both the DPR and LPR held elections that directly contravened the Minsk accords, so is it really fair to put all the blame on the Ukrainian state?



It was soon recognized that Donbas should hold local elections, which Minsk II allowed.



Local elections were an integral aspect of Minsk I as well - but in both cases, they were supposed to happen according to Ukrainian law. I'm surprised someone who speaks so confidently about the "total disregard of the Minsk agreements" would be unaware of this.


Relevant text:

Quote:
Minsk I

3. Decentralisation of power, including through the adoption of the Ukrainian law "On temporary Order of Local Self-Governance in Particular Districts of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts".

9. To ensure early local elections in accordance with the Ukrainian law "On temporary Order of Local Self-Governance in Particular Districts of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts".




Quote:
Minsk II

4. On the first day after the pullout a dialogue is to start on modalities of conducting local elections in accordance with the Ukrainian legislation and the Law of Ukraine "On temporary Order of Local Self-Governance in Particular Districts of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts," and also about the future of these districts based on the above-mentioned law.

Without delays, but no later than 30 days from the date of signing of this document, a resolution has to be approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, indicating the territory which falls under the special regime in accordance with the law "On temporary Order of Local Self-Governance in Particular Districts of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts," based in the line set up by the Minsk Memorandum as of 19 September 2014.



Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_agreements



Neither side was ever very respectful of the ceasefire or pull-out of heavy weapons - but the Ukrainian state did pass the law "On temporary Order of Local Self-Governance in Particular Districts of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts", while the breakaway regions held elections that were directly in contravention of the Minsk protocol. The idea that only the Ukrainian state displayed total disregard of the Minsk agreements isn't true.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: koods] * 1
    #27727728 -

koods said:
The ruble is maintaining its value because Russia’s central bank has a 20% interest rate.



I don't think you fully grasp what is happening here.

This is a monumental failure of U.S. foreign policy, a defining moment when all the pigeons are coming home to roost.

I suggest you look at the video Falcon posted.



*Side note Imran Kahn was just ousted from power hours ago but I love his comment on why Pakistan was abstaining from condemning Russia :thumbup:

I wish we had a Prime Minister that said things like that to Washington, oh that's right we did, the CIA helped get rid of him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #27727897 -

At least Khan made it out alive and Hillary Clinton doesn’t get to go on TV and make a joke about him being sodomized to death.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27728024 -

Quote:
I wish we had a Prime Minister that said things like that to Washington, oh that's right we did, the CIA helped get rid of him.



  That was 50 years ago . If Australians wanted that I guess they would have voted for it by now .
  Isn't voting compulsory ?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #27728103 -

Yeah whatever.

Remember that rocket attack wolf8312 posted from Patrick Lancaster?.. from the 11.00 minute mark

Same rocket as the two used at Kramatorsk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27728136 -

Stable Genius said:
I don't know the location but the translation on the first one reads

Quote:
Azov takes kindergarten hostage
Civil Shield. Confirmed by locals.






It was Mariupol


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #27728193 -

shivas.wisdom said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
shivas.wisdom said:
Nonetheless, it does seem you acknowledge that both the DPR and LPR held elections that directly contravened the Minsk accords, so is it really fair to put all the blame on the Ukrainian state?



It was soon recognized that Donbas should hold local elections, which Minsk II allowed.



Local elections were an integral aspect of Minsk I as well - but in both cases, they were supposed to happen according to Ukrainian law.



Ok, when you said "The elections in the Donbas happened in direct contravention of the Minsk protocol", I misinterpreted your statement to mean no elections were allowed, and then I saw that Minsk II did include a provision for local elections.

shivas.wisdom said:
I'm surprised someone who speaks so confidently about the "total disregard of the Minsk agreements" would be unaware of this.



Let's look at the disregard of the Minsk agreements below...

shivas.wisdom said:
Neither side was ever very respectful of the ceasefire or pull-out of heavy weapons The idea that only the Ukrainian state displayed total disregard of the Minsk agreements isn't true.



I don't recall saying that only the Ukrainian state displayed total disregard of the Minsk agreements.

But to complain about Donbas holding elections, possibly in violation of the agreements, while Donbas is complaining that they are getting shelled in violation of the agreements isn't really equivalent in my opinion (yes, I do realize Donbas fought back).


Have a look at some of these stories showing it was Ukraine that didn't want to stop the shelling:
Far-right marches in Kiev as report documents crimes by Ukraine’s paramilitary forces
Quote:
Right Sector is demanding that Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko end the ceasefire with pro-Russian separatists in the country’s southeast. The group is calling for an aggressive renewal of the war, which has continued at a low level for months despite the signing of peace accords in Minsk in February. It also wants an end to all inter-governmental relations with Russia.

Right Sector is notorious for its neo-fascist ideology and the savage role that it played in the US-backed uprising last year that drove Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych from power.



Here's a similar article:

Ukraine’s Right Sector rejects Minsk deal, calls for renewed offensive in E. Ukraine


Is anyone still in denial of Ukrainian Nazis?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #27728197 -

Stable Genius said:
It was Mariupol





There are now SOOO many videos now of people in Mariupol complaining about the Ukrainian Nazis.  I don't know how the West will be able to keep their fake news going.

Good video.  I wonder how long until YouTube bans it?  :smirk:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27728262 -

Another video confirming Ukrainian atrocities.




Granted, this is largely a Nazi problem.  If you still don't believe Nazism is a problem in Ukraine, here's more:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27728278 -

That first video from Jackson Hinkle.

When I was snooping around online Friday and came across the tweet from Evan Hill of the NYT and followed the links back to their online paper, I initially thought I'd been sent to the wrong page.

You literally have to scroll through article after article reading about 'Russian atrocities in Bucha' before you find the article buried 2/3rds of the way down the page, with no actual video, mentioning the shooting outside Bucha and nowhere does anyone have the will? or brainpower? to say hang on a minute, aren't those soldiers wearing white arm bands, arms tied behind their backs, shot in the back of the head, the same as the civilians murdered in Bucha?
And this was a video confirmed by the NYT!

Fricken unbelievable!

Seriously, anyone who still thinks Ukraine forces are the good guys needs to take a deep breath and look at how these bullshit stories are falling apart.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/04/06/world/ukraine-russia-war-news#russia-pows-ukraine-executed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27728283 -

That second video is disturbing, like something out of The Twilight Zone, Jesus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27728285 -

Honestly, I'm not even sure I want to call the Ukrainians the bad guys.  Almost all of the atrocities appear to come from the Nazi units.

I think the main thing is to point out how bad the mainstream news has been lying to us all about this war.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27728289 -

Fair call.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27728290 -

Stable Genius said:
That second video is disturbing, like something out of The Twilight Zone, Jesus



Meh, there's not a Nazi problem in Ukraine.  :wink:

:lol:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #27728291 -

Also, Zelensky is stuck with those murderous thugs and has been forced into his current position knowing that if he try's to turn things around he risks getting a bullet in the head himself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #27728301 -

Thanks to koods I'm snoopin around Twitter finding all kinds of stuff, thanks buddy :super: I wonder why he can't find these stories?

Anyway, more on that Tochka-U missile

https://twitter.com/The_Real_Fly/status/1512972627018661896?s=20&t=492YQPjOT3XiLrfDcahiaQ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27728429 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I'm a huge fan of Clare Daly from Ireland, who was elected as a member of the European Parliament (MEP).  I've seen a lot of great speeches from her. 



That's one of the best off the cuff speech's ever.

After she rips that guy a new one, as he's running off he stops and gives the Nazi salute, not sure why it's been omitted from the video?
It's the second time he's done it apparently and was fined 2000 euros for the first one.

Crazy times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27728450 -

Quote:
Thanks to koods I'm snoopin around Twitter finding all kinds of stuff, thanks buddy :super: I wonder why he can't find these stories?

Anyway, more on that Tochka-U missile




  It's not possible to tell anything from that video , it's looks like  conspiracy nutter horseshit.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bush's rush to Iraq War Helping al-Qaida fft2 538 0 07/14/04 01:49 AM
by fft2
* The Irish-Iraqi War Anonymous 1,211 4 03/06/03 02:57 AM
by GazzBut
* Is lying about the reason for a war an impeachable offense?
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,881 38 06/20/03 05:08 PM
by Anonymous
* Bush sneaks through more tax cuts for the rich during war
( 1 2 all )
EchoVortex 5,160 39 03/26/03 09:09 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* Military families grow angry with state of Iraq war Zahid 1,050 4 10/30/03 02:21 PM
by PsiloKitten
* Arm yourself with info- 60 reasons we shouldnt be at war
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
PsiloKitten 12,378 93 11/02/13 08:08 PM
by Yogi1
* Iraq War Quiz
( 1 2 all )
RonoS 3,171 21 03/27/03 12:51 PM
by Murex
* American army free to commit crimes of war.
( 1 2 all )
MAIA 5,218 24 09/09/02 12:58 AM
by Mitchnast

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
413,452 topic views. 5 members, 1 guests and 46 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.