Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | Next > | Last >
OfflineKmacmo
The aborted pin
Other

Loc: Central hemisphere
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Asante]
    #27473065 - 09/18/21 02:18 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
When we started this thread, August 11 (a month + a week ago) worldwide confirmed cases were 204 million and deaths 4.3 million

Now, 38 days later, its 227 million confirmed cases and 4.7 million confirmed deaths.

It seems every day we gain 600K confirmed cases and 10K deaths :sad:

Infection numbers will only increase as more countrys ease lockdown restrictions obviously, this shouldn't be as much of a concern anymore now with the vaccines?
I think the numbers are not being counted properly and on top of that out of those 10k deaths I wonder how many were primarily due to covid but I guess that is probably hard to determine

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #27473069 - 09/18/21 02:20 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Is that alot of people tho isn't there like a billiondy people in the world?

There's 7.7 billion people in the world.
That's 34x more than were shown to have Covid.

If we all get Covid, once, 4.7million x 34 = 160 million dead.

If we all just demonstrably get it, once.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27473078 - 09/18/21 02:31 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
The FDA approval process is ridiculously burdensome.

My dad invented a device that took 15 years to get approval and cost tens of millions of dollars to comply with all their demands. His company required so much extra funding to keep the process going by the time all was said and done, the venture capitalists owned practically the entire company. The device got approval 7 years after he died 🤦‍♂️

Thats how it works yeah. But to be fair that's how it works with almost everything. The people who invent things usually just get screwed out of it in one way or another or at best bought out for what to them is some insane amount of money but compared to what it's actually worth is absolute fucking bupkis. Your just being ungrateful really. Sure you dad didn't make any the actual money but he didn't get nothing. He got experience he got a chance to play in the big leagues and with all his hard work had a chance to make something of himself that he could take pride in you know after they tied shit up so long and waited him out until as luck would have it for them he fucking died. So I'm sure he has all the thanks of the people he helped and the people he made shitloads of money in the grave and stuff. So it seems it all worked out :sadyes:

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27473089 - 09/18/21 02:43 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

My company designs, produces and sells medical devices.

We use ISO 13485 Medical devices -- Quality management systems -- Requirements for regulatory purpose to achieve compliance

I have been in charge of implementing this standard over the past few years

A huge aspect are risk-benefit analyses. Benefits must outweigh risks

Nowhere is it mandatory that risks are non-existent. The company states the risks, the company states the benefits.

Quote:

"The FDA is led by the Commissioner of Food and Drugs, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate. The Commissioner reports to the Secretary of Health and Human Services."

You believe politics played no role in the approval process?

So while generally speaking Im sure the benefits indeed outweigh the risks, there is no guarantee that you, at the individual level will not get fucked by the risks.

The Pfizer clinical trials lasted 6 months. You cant determine longterm effects on human reproduction in that time frame. But as long as your risk-benefit analyses turns out okay you achieve compliance

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #27473156 - 09/18/21 03:52 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

You believe politics played no role in the approval process?

No. The fda maddeningly went by the books for these vaccines. Think about how much pressure the trump administration put on the FDA to get approval before the election, but the data wasn’t available to do so. Think about the pressure the FDA was under to approve the booster shot regime that Biden has been talking about for weeks, and they shot that down big time yesterday.

The FDA is a serious regulatory agency and the people that work there are career professionals. When politics appear to influence their decisions, the backlash is usually swift and overwhelming. Back in the bush adminstration, the FDA rejected a proposal to make plan B emergency contraceptive over the counter, and there was a huge backlash and accusations that religious conservatives had exerted pressure to influence the decision and eventually the decision was reversed.

When astra Zeneca applied for approval for their covid vaccine there was some discrepancies in their data and it still hasn’t been approved. The FDA doesn’t fuck around.

Quote:

The Pfizer clinical trials lasted 6 months. You cant determine longterm effects on human reproduction in that time frame.

Vaccine trials are not designed to examine long term effects and they don’t have a set time frame. They run until a statistically significant number of infections occur based on the trial size. The covid vaccine trials were huge. They enrolled five to ten times the number of participants than most vaccine trials. Larger trials mean you can reach a sufficient number of events earlier. Of course it was also extremely helpful that the targeted disease was extremely common and it took very little time to reach the predetermined number of infection events.

Vaccines don’t really carry a risk of adverse events that appear months or years after administration. The contents of the vaccine are out of your system in a few weeks and the immune response is complete within two to three months. I’m not aware of any vaccine that has caused any side effect arising after four or months.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (09/18/21 04:02 PM)

InvisibleByrain

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Lynnch]
    #27473311 - 09/18/21 06:15 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Lynnch said:
There are easier ways to scam the government than by killing millions of people with a virus.

Its not about scamming the government, its about the government and the corporations joining together to scam the common person. Tell me how much taxpayer money was spent on the war on terror and how many Afghani people died for that? How many Americans died? Europeans? What were the results?

How about the war on drugs?

Do you really think the government and special interests are above trampling over human lives for the sake of profit?

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Byrain]
    #27473322 - 09/18/21 06:21 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Everything is a conspiracy

InvisibleYeatster
OTD Chef
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: feevers]
    #27473418 - 09/18/21 07:59 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Conspiracy is highly perceived as a negative connotation. Can anyone name conspiracy theories that have become factual? I can name a few.

Offlineviraldrome
 User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Yeatster] * 1
    #27473487 - 09/18/21 08:50 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Lysergamides I have tried so far: 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD, MIPLA, EIPLA, 1cP-AL-LAD

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Byrain] * 1
    #27473495 - 09/18/21 08:56 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Byrain said:
Its not about scamming the government, its about the government and the corporations joining together to scam the common person. Tell me how much taxpayer money was spent on the war on terror and how many Afghani people died for that? How many Americans died? Europeans? What were the results?

How about the war on drugs?

Do you really think the government and special interests are above trampling over human lives for the sake of profit?

The thing is, you're proving my point without realizing it. You really think they came up with a fake virus, and a fake vaccine, and involved every doctor and nurse in the world in a conspiracy to.. shift some tax dollars to the medical industry? That is already the essential purpose of our privatized health insurance industry.

As for trampling over human lives for the sake of profit?.... That has been the purpose of many right-wing governors actions. Ignore the virus. Who cares if people die, just as long as they go back to work, and profits continue.

Let me ask you this.. If there were a once in a century pandemic, how would a good government respond? What would be the proper course of action to save lives? Would it involve, i dunno, whipping up a vaccine as quickly as possible, and giving it to as many people as possible?

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Lynnch]
    #27473501 - 09/18/21 09:01 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Did y'all know that in the hospital a doctor can order a patient to be restrained because the confusion caused by their disease process is causing them to accidentally commit suicide or hurt someone else (staff/patient)?

Just a thought to ponder.

If you don't want to get the vaccine, I highly suggest you complete an advanced medical directive.

InvisibleYeatster
OTD Chef
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27473621 - 09/18/21 10:28 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Did y'all know that in the hospital a doctor can order a patient to be restrained because the confusion caused by their disease process is causing them to accidentally commit suicide or hurt someone else (staff/patient)?

Just a thought to ponder.

If you don't want to get the vaccine, I highly suggest you complete an advanced medical directive.

I've actually experienced something similar, but maybe not. Years ago, I was assaulted with a shovel. When I responded in defense, I blacked out momentarily. When I came to, I was standing over the victim, at this point, I realized I had taken my actions beyond reasonable for self defense. And many people were screaming I was going to kill him and cops were on the way. Out of fear of the police, I ran. I was caught not far (longer story) and arrested for assault & battery. I was brought to the hospital because the OIC Sergeant persuaded me, a hospital bed would be more comfortable than a cell.

Longer story short..Nurse comes at me with a needle, while I'm cuffed to bed, I ask what's in the needle, she says "don't worry about it". I kicked screamed flailed and did my best to not get that needle. I got it, with help from every available hand.

I woke up with a catheter, intubated and an old man next to me, begging for help while dying. With nurses in another room celebrating the day someone was leaving, with balloons and cake.

Since then, I have had little trust in "experts"

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Yeatster]
    #27473645 - 09/18/21 10:44 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I imagine there are a lot of people who have either suffered at the hands of our very much imperfect medical system, or who are only one or two degrees of separation from someone who has, many of whom are amongst the unvaccinated at least partly because of this.

I think often doctors will throw pills at a problem and the pills cause more problems than they solve. I'm never taking any blood pressure or cholesterol medication. They can keep that shit.

--------------------
This space for rent

Offlinelongbus
Will grow for food
 User Gallery

Loc: yer moms pants
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Baby_Hitler] * 1
    #27473649 - 09/18/21 10:50 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Fuck society. I am literally watching my country turn into a police state. "SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS". Fuck this shit. I am seriously considering just packing a back pack and walking around for the rest of my life. I cant participate in the downfall of society anymore. Its so goddamn depressing to be aware of whats happening while everyone else just dozes along like a bunch of fucking idiots... fuck this shit.

--------------------
never 4get!

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: longbus] * 2
    #27473653 - 09/18/21 10:54 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

When you’re walking, always remember to maintain a distance of six feet from others

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinelongbus
Will grow for food
 User Gallery

Loc: yer moms pants
    #27473657 - 09/18/21 10:59 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Dude... do you not see the world falling apart around you and deteriorating into totalitarianism? How am I the only one who seems to get this.

You are like those Germans before WW2 who supported hitler and then eventually realized he was a piece of shit.

--------------------
never 4get!

InvisibleYeatster
OTD Chef
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #27473667 - 09/18/21 11:04 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I agree baby H. I wasn't suggesting to not trust medical advise or otherwise. Just laying out one of my distrusts.I appreciate the field and everyone working long hours to do their job. But I don't trust just anyone.  A doctrine doesn't give you an automatic trust to my well being. And neither does the government, FDA, etc.

For the record. And I've said this lightly before, I appreciate you peeps. I also appreciate the ones who question.  There are many things I won't question but there are some I always will. I've learned quite a bit watching this thread.

I'm sorry to see Enkidu gone. I agree he got caught up with it. But from my angle, he was attacked on every word. By multiple people. And I witnessed flaming towards him multiple times and he kept his kewl. Until he didn't.  Then he retaliated equally, imo.

I'm happy to see some other folks questioning this. And I hope they continue. Debating is healthy.

Lastly, thank you Koods, for responding to my question about my mother. That says more about you than I need to know. We may disagree but I respect and appreciate you... No matter how wrong you are. :grin:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: longbus] * 2
    #27473717 - 09/18/21 11:29 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

longbus said:
Dude... do you not see the world falling apart around you and deteriorating into totalitarianism? How am I the only one who seems to get this.

You are like those Germans before WW2 who supported hitler and then eventually realized he was a piece of shit.

They just want you to get a fucking vaccine in a fucking pandemic. Calm the fuck down.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleYeatster
OTD Chef
Male User Gallery

#27473733 - 09/18/21 11:43 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Can someone please comment on Cheifs loss of smell/taste. Is he joking and I'm not getting it? I hope so. Chief?????

My mother lost that sense from tongue cancer and I wouldn't want that for anyone. Personally,  I would feel lifeless. My mother, fortunately doesn't miss it as much as I'd expect.  Or, she doesn't let me on to it. Now that I've spelled that, that's prolly more truth (she pretends to avoid sympathy) Breaking bread is  quintessentially the most intimate action between strangers, imo. But maybe I'm a reincarnated Italian grandmother.

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: longbus] * 1
    #27473737 - 09/18/21 11:46 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

longbus said:

Not really, no. Having to show ID before entering a place of business (IE: Bars) isn't a particularly new or exciting development. The only freedom i've lost is the feeling of safety mingling in public spaces, but I regain that feeling the higher the vax rate goes.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale