Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshrooms777
can spore prints be combined?
    #2699703 - 05/19/04 01:36 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Here is nature's plan. Suppose you scrape the spores off several sporeprints into a sterile glass of water. Then you fill up a dozen syrinages. would the different strains compete with each other? They are all the equador species. I heard somewhere that you must use the same spore print. You may make as many syrinages as you with with ONE spore print. What if I wanted to save time and just combine several small, light spore prints and make syringes that contain spores from several spore prints? It would be much more time consuming to make 2 syringes per spore print at a time. Another thing to note is I have like 4 spore prints that came from the same cake. Would that be ok to combine spore prints as long as they come from the same cake/colony or can they come from different cakes? all my spore prints are descendants from the one origional spore print I have. Could those have developed into different strains and be incompatable if mixed/combined? What if I used two totally unrelated spore prints but of the same equador species? On what level can they be combined? per spore, per cake, per strain or any equador species may mix with any other equador species? Thanks for your time  :grin: answer soon, the syringes are waiting  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: can spore prints be combined? [Re: shrooms777]
    #2699759 - 05/19/04 02:18 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You could just make a fat print from a really nice cap, then make a near black syringe. You could inject like .1cc per jar and it would be more than sufficient :wink:

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

Offlineshrooms777
Re: can spore prints be combined? [Re: adoseofparn0z]
    #2699778 - 05/19/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yes but this still does not answer my question on combining spores....

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #2699799 - 05/19/04 02:37 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

From the same parent strain you should be fine. If they are different strains you may have a compatability problem. But, a single light print could make many syringes. There are spores on that print you can't even see, let alone the ones that you can.

But if you insist on a dark syringe, you should be fine. Only compatable monokaryons will mate anyway...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlineshrooms777
Re: can spore prints be combined? [Re: ATWAR]
    #2699813 - 05/19/04 02:44 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the answer. I ask this because I used a light syringe and none of my 6 jars show any growth and its been 5 days now! I dont think there were enough spores in that syringe! all my extra spore prints should be from the same parent strain. I started with 1 spore print and now I have like 20. If I use those, can I keep mixing them because they can all be traced back to the single spore print I started off with

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #2699852 - 05/19/04 03:00 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Most likely yes since they would carry similar genes. I don't want to keep pushing this on you but, a dark syringe is not necessary. Your light syringe failure could be due to other reasons. 5 days is not a long time to wait for germination. I have had a jar go months before germination, and only a single dikaryon emerged (this was from a very light print as well). I would have normally discarded the contents of this jar except for it got misplaced, and found much later with 50% growth. It was marked as a "do-over" jar, you could imagine my surprise to find it growing.

The moral of this story is:
It only takes a small amount of spores, and be patient. A few weeks is closer to excessive germination time (rather than 5 days), but it can take much longer...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #2699916 - 05/19/04 03:24 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I dont see why you should have any problems with mixing the spore prints as long as they are teh same strain. Unfortunatley if they are different strains they'll fight for the substrate.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Anonymous

#2705162 - 05/20/04 10:37 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yes you can mix up many prints from a single Strain. As long as you know they are all EQ, go for it. The more spores the more combinations.

I agree with the other poster, that it doesn't have to be dark. But it doesn't hurt to be dark either.

Just be careful about mixing EQ from different sources, because they might not be the same Strain. Accidental lableing problems do exist in the OMC. Since all of yours are originating from a single original print, they will all be from the same strain for sure.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract