Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: akira_akuma]
    #24020293 - 01/18/17 02:59 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

lyrics ? lol
Yah but comes close I guess :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: viktor]
    #26857170 - 08/01/20 12:00 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

viktor said:
Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment

Even in his aspect of the fallen angel, Lucifer is a symbol of enlightenment. In his place as King of the World, Lucifer shows the way towards maximal excellence in one’s life.

The Abrahamist interpretation of the myth of the fallen angel is that they were cast out of Heaven owing to a deliberate moral failure. The usual story is that God had put everything in its correct and perfect order, and Lucifer, out of pride, refuses to accept the primacy of this and therefore earns his sentence of being cast from Heaven – a sinner.

Like most things that Abrahamists believe, this is close to the opposite of the truth. To understand the real truth, one must understand that the Abrahamisms are chiefly male supremacist religions, as they were dreamed up by old men resentful of the young who were still sexually potent, as they once were.

Thus, Heaven can be taken as representing not a state of perfect balance, as one might consider perfection to be, but instead a state of perfect masculinity. The male God is in charge in Heaven and everyone knows it, and everyone knows their place in the hierarchy of subordination.

To another kind of mind, to the sort of person who might be said to be approaching a Luciferian state of consciousness, this state of affairs represents an excess of order so stultifying, so suffocating, that it is anti-life.

When everything is in a state of perfect order, nothing can ever change or go forwards, and this is tantamount to death for anyone who is not afraid of the feminine principle in her manifestation as chaos.

Therefore, as fallen angel, Lucifer most fairly represents someone who rejected the sterile purity and bubble-wrapped certainty of Heaven for the brutal, wild-eyed insanity of the World.

In doing so, he chose to embrace the material world rather than to be afraid of it, and thus made himself appear evil to the cowardly Abrahamists who mutilate their own sons lest they enjoy themselves unduly.

This is what makes Lucifer a symbol of evil to followers of the Abrahamic cults. Because these cults fear the physical world – an attitude reflected in their contempt for the feminine – they naturally envy and despise those who do not.

The main reason why the Abrahamist fears the material world is, ironically, his lack of spiritual knowledge. Believing that the material world is the primary reality, he naturally develops a terrified attitude towards death, observing it to be the death of the body he mistakenly identifies with, and so believing it to be the end of him.

Lucifer represents a rejection of, and a reaction to, this pants-pissing. He represents the masculine light of consciousness entering the dark, cold physical world, not as a fall or a punishment, or as the nefarious trap of some demiurge, but rather as an opportunity to make love.

Knowing himself to be the light of consciousness, and therefore knowing himself to be eternal and incapable of being sullied, Lucifer was not afraid of the material. In being not afraid, and in being truly spiritual, he represents a degree of masculinity that is the natural complement to the physical or material world.

This can even be read into the very name of Lucifer himself – a cognate of lucid and of lux, both of which carry connotations suggesting the light of consciousness.

This gets to the heart of why the reputation of Lucifer has been so relentlessly lied about. In representing the light of consciousness he embraced the physical world without fear, and so cannot be manipulated into disgracing himself or harming others through threats to his physical body.

If this degree of wisdom was more widespread there would be a higher standard of human existence in this place.

Original here

I wrote this essay today after something in particular became clear to me during a meditation. I had long known that Lucifer was a symbol of enlightenment, I just didn't understand one of the nuances of the light, namely that it illuminates the physical world from the inside through the mechanism of consciousness.

I really liked that.

--------------------

OfflineSoccrates
Stranger
Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: akira_akuma]
    #26862574 - 08/04/20 12:19 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

BlueCoyote said:
Lucifer tries to bind our mind to the material reality.
That's what was promised to be his realm.
The light is the full light of the creator, but Lucifer likes to stand in front of it, casting a shadow on the material realm by substracting away the 'direct' light. All we perceive is indirect light.
Satan proclaims it to be his light, because all the additional light (spirit) is only a blinding or distortion.
And as Satan is still jealous on us humans, he wants to make us unworthy, in g*d's' eye(s), to have(/get back) the dominant power over this material realm called earth.
:fairy:

Satan =/= Lucifer

Satan = adversary. That is the literal definition of the word. Lucifer, as clearly discussed here is in fact the adversary, especially when discussed from the context of those  favoring Elohim. This would be the one called satan.

Right? I think we are having issues rectifying all these different world views, religions, etc. Because we aren't meant to. These are all different cultures interpretations, trying to make sense of the same thing. The same world, same gods, the same laws. The hopi claim 4 different peoples in 4 corners of the earth were all tasked with different missions on this earth. It seems to reason the message would get mingled a bit?

What was the movie where(Morgan Freeman? ) God was playing chess with the devil?

I like this whole concept though. Lucifer is the light of consciousness. God created the perfect eden. Man followed Lucifer and began using his own consciousness, to benefit himself. Thus the fall from eden, we fucked it up.

It is God's way or the highway. That's how it always is in life. Just like with your parents, your boss, etc. Most of the time I choose highway, it doesn't work out so well.

Just like it didn't for Adam and eve and just like it isn't now. We're still trying to play God, still trying ti do it our way, and now we have fucking murder Hornets and food that our bodies are rejecting.

But that's because we want to do everything our way. We must use our intellect, even though it's demonstrated that it's unnecessary and in many cases leaves us worse off.

And that makes sense, why we're would be warned away from such a beast as to unleash our full wit, and to pursue selfish goals. Because, well BP, Monsanto, Lockheed-martin,etc.

I totally lost track of this, I'm just rambling

--------------------

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: Soccrates]
    #26863252 - 08/04/20 06:57 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I'm glad you brought up the fact that lucifer is a term for adversary.

But regardless of that, Wasn't Satan correct in his rebellion? God created him and then created man. Lucifer knew man was a lesser being and that he was being commanded to obey that lesser creature. As if a slave owner ordered their slave to be commanded by the whims of a rich spoiled dog.

Also, in the story of the garden GOD was the one who lied. He told adam and eve they would die from eating the fruit. The serpent was the one who told them the truth.

OfflineSoccrates
Stranger
Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #26863595 - 08/04/20 11:10 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LosTresOjos said:
I'm glad you brought up the fact that lucifer is a term for adversary.

But regardless of that, Wasn't Satan correct in his rebellion? God created him and then created man. Lucifer knew man was a lesser being and that he was being commanded to obey that lesser creature. As if a slave owner ordered their slave to be commanded by the whims of a rich spoiled dog.

Also, in the story of the garden GOD was the one who lied. He told adam and eve they would die from eating the fruit. The serpent was the one who told them the truth.

On that day you shall surely die. You're right. I wonder though, what the translations have done to that. I mean, honestly though it's clearly a made up story just to set the background for the rest of the story. But I mean how could they possibly tell a meaningful story about the origin of life to cavemen.

It's very interesting, then that detail would be present. The serpent did tell the truth, but I'm pretty sure this was one of those ignorance is bliss situations. It sounds like life would have been a lot easier had they not chosen their own path.

So they got kicked out of daddy's house. And he cursed them on the way out. All that about childbirth and working for food.

But that wasn't really a curse was it?It was a natural consequence of their actions.

This moment, when the fruit was eaten, when they became aware... that's what we would call the birth of humans, the evolution of humans from neanderthal. And with that comes the family, where the bigger stronger males will lord over the women, childbirth should be a lot more dramatic, what with that self awareness and probably higher survival rate, and well we don't have to toil or whatever word is used, for food. The ground isn't cursed. We just chose "our way", we would rather farm, than go pick from the bounty supplied by the earth(which would have been much more before we killed everything and replaced it with concrete, btw). So, with that newfound knowledge, and that newfound discerning taste, now we have to toil in the fields to make sure we have a whole field full of wheat

Oh and yeah, I'd probably be mad if I was Lucifer. I'd be mad if I was a lot of people in the old testament

--------------------

Edited by Soccrates (08/04/20 11:12 PM)

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: Soccrates]
    #26865966 - 08/06/20 08:06 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Lucifer is the being that exists as the collective latent subconscious material in mankind accessed by entheogens.  This was twisted 180 degrees by the Catholic Church to hide spiritual knowledge called the devil.  Luciferian literally means that you are with the enlightenment of mankind.  This comes by way of nature's drug plants as it is always time for Adam and Eve to be liberated from darkness.  Also, it is always the Garden of Eden.  The psychoactive plants and fungi were also Jesus' flesh and blood, or manna in the Exodus story.  We are well into the transition into the Age of Aquarius.  The Age of Understanding where religious thinking comes from.  It starts with the mystical realization of God symbolized by Lucifer's temptatiom of Wisdom.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: yeah]
    #26866041 - 08/06/20 09:06 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lucifer shows the way towards maximal excellence in one’s life.

Hell. No.

If that were the case Auschwitz-Birkenau was the finest of human achievements.

Just another twisted-up truth from an admirer of the Most Twisted.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineRapjack
Oat Soakin' Toker
I'm a teapot

Loc: Elsewhere
Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: Asante]
    #26866323 - 08/06/20 11:39 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

Lucifer shows the way towards maximal excellence in one’s life.

Hell. No.

If that were the case Auschwitz-Birkenau was the finest of human achievements.

Just another twisted-up truth from an admirer of the Most Twisted.

Lucifer shows the way towards satisfaction of material and sensory desires. How boring.

A meditator such as yourself knows by experience that senses and perception are easily changed, manipulated, and controlled from inside and out. With enough practice it becomes possible to consciously choose how you're going to feel at any time... No need for Lucifer when you can just feel great all the time and naturally act your most excellent thanks to the wonders of neural plasticity and the CNS.

--------------------

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#26868059 - 08/07/20 10:20 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I've experienced what I consider to be the satantic archetype while dosed up and I don't think you have it quite correct on what satan is about.

Satan was sad that the universe always had only one way and that karmic laws were immutable. Feeling very powerful and therefore being very powerful he said to himself that he had had enough of being a sheep and wanted to be something different to what god had intended for him. He then used his power to go against the flow or reverse it and take charge of life for himself. But he didn't realise the strength of god or karmic law and was thusly struck down. Proving perhaps that we must be nothing more than cattle to god or else perish. His rebelliousness was against universal law and thus did nothing but further put the qualities of a sinner in him. Saying this I still can't help but admire his attempt to free himself from his jailer who had (it could be said) wronged him by creation.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: Grapefruit]
    #26868546 - 08/07/20 02:42 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Grapefruit said:
his attempt to free himself from his jailer who had (it could be said) wronged him by creation.

He should have just killed himself, by that logic.

We learn by good example and by bad example. Lucifer embodies the bad example.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

#26868612 - 08/07/20 03:25 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

Grapefruit said:
his attempt to free himself from his jailer who had (it could be said) wronged him by creation.

Can you explain the etymology of the name?

--------------------

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#26868924 - 08/07/20 07:04 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

Grapefruit said:

I reckon you know as well as I that you can't just kill yourself. That's not a thing in creation, you just get attached to another body after being dipped in the waters of lethe and it's back onto the merry go round. Otherwise I would have done it years ago. Of course that's just my theory.

By the way the wolf fenrir is exactly the same archetype in Norse mythology. They always accorded fenrir some respect even if they didn't agree with him. Abrahamic religion is very holier than thou.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflineRapjack
Oat Soakin' Toker
I'm a teapot

Loc: Elsewhere
    #26869201 - 08/07/20 09:41 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Grapefruit said:
I've experienced what I consider to be the satantic archetype while dosed up and I don't think you have it quite correct on what satan is about.

Satan was sad that the universe always had only one way and that karmic laws were immutable. Feeling very powerful and therefore being very powerful he said to himself that he had had enough of being a sheep and wanted to be something different to what god had intended for him. He then used his power to go against the flow or reverse it and take charge of life for himself. But he didn't realise the strength of god or karmic law and was thusly struck down. Proving perhaps that we must be nothing more than cattle to god or else perish. His rebelliousness was against universal law and thus did nothing but further put the qualities of a sinner in him. Saying this I still can't help but admire his attempt to free himself from his jailer who had (it could be said) wronged him by creation.

So you're basically equating Lucifer to the Buddha.
He too was tired of being bound by karmic law, through many different attempts and decades of practice he self-realized a way to break free. The difference is, he actually managed to and his soul got released from the karmic cycle of life / death.

--------------------

Edited by Rapjack (08/07/20 09:42 PM)

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: Rapjack]
    #26869466 - 08/08/20 03:56 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think so. The Buddha followed his own path and used his own power but for the most part he was in tune with cosmic law, just look at his commandments. No wrong doing and all that. You don't have to be friends with god. You just have to follow his laws. Neither Buddha nor Jesus were true friends to god IMO.

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
    #26869514 - 08/08/20 05:29 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Grapefruit said:
I reckon you know as well as I that you can't just kill yourself. That's not a thing in creation, you just get attached to another body after being dipped in the waters of lethe and it's back onto the merry go round. Otherwise I would have done it years ago. Of course that's just my theory.

I've always strongly believed this as well.

Quote:

Grapefruit said:
Neither Buddha nor Jesus were true friends to god IMO.

If you could explain a little more what you mean by this I'd be interested.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: Forrester]
    #26869590 - 08/08/20 07:02 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Jesus was a promethean figure so his whole bag was taking care of people and sinners over taking care of god's plan. His doubts about god are expressed quite succinctly in the story of the cross "Oh father why hast thou forsaken me?". He wanted to steal the fire from the gods and give it to men. The whole humanist movement probably stems from Jesus IMO.

As to the Buddha it's kind of similar. He was more concerned with the suffering of people than any plan god might have for us. He also went his own way in saying that he was god and that all men were god if only they realised their true powers, but he never wanted to go against ethical practice in order to do so as he realised this was unhealthy and would therefore cause suffering, which was what he wanted put to an end.

Neither of them were really about themselves but about helping others and bringing peace to the land even if they didn't like the suffering of the world and saw it as an injustice.

'' First God Almighty comes with a thump on the head. Then Jesus Christ comes with a balm to heal it." - William Blake

For Satan it was more about his own interests in usurping the throne and developing powers and not about helping others. Can't help but feel sorry for him as he never realised this was going to cause his fall or he wouldn't have done it. Then as the story goes by Milton he became jealous of god and tried to convert men to his own way of developing power even though he knew that to be wrong by that point. He also believes in Miltons story that there will be a new kingdom for him and his followers which will be superior to gods kingdom and allow men full autonomy. Revelations tells us this isn't true though and that he will be cast into the lake of fire to die a permanent death to the universe.

All of it is just a story/dream though in a way i think. Although paradoxically there may be independent reality to it these are only words.

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Edited by Grapefruit (08/08/20 07:16 AM)

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: Grapefruit] * 1
    #26869693 - 08/08/20 08:38 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

So you're taking the definition of "God's plan" from the bible, pretty much? 

I guess that's where I see it differently.  I think what Jesus and Buddha both pretty much did was actually God's plan, at least how I would define it.

The "why hast thou forsaken me" quote I never did believe at all.  For one that seemed so enlightened to say such a thing just never made sense to me.  (Interestingly he addresses it in the Course in Miracles, and says the same, that he never did say that). 

I dunno I guess the biblical texts have had too many men's hands all over them throughout the years for me to go by much of what's in them...

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: Forrester]
    #26870504 - 08/08/20 07:10 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with what you've said but I also standy by what I said. A funny thing.

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
    #26870633 - 08/08/20 08:31 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I think Romans 14 is pretty spot on as it relates to this beautiful exchange that just occurred. Gentlemen among men I tell ye.

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

#26870879 - 08/09/20 01:18 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by yeah (08/09/20 01:18 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale