Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment * 5
    #24003119 - 01/12/17 04:20 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment

Even in his aspect of the fallen angel, Lucifer is a symbol of enlightenment. In his place as King of the World, Lucifer shows the way towards maximal excellence in one’s life.

The Abrahamist interpretation of the myth of the fallen angel is that they were cast out of Heaven owing to a deliberate moral failure. The usual story is that God had put everything in its correct and perfect order, and Lucifer, out of pride, refuses to accept the primacy of this and therefore earns his sentence of being cast from Heaven – a sinner.

Like most things that Abrahamists believe, this is close to the opposite of the truth. To understand the real truth, one must understand that the Abrahamisms are chiefly male supremacist religions, as they were dreamed up by old men resentful of the young who were still sexually potent, as they once were.

Thus, Heaven can be taken as representing not a state of perfect balance, as one might consider perfection to be, but instead a state of perfect masculinity. The male God is in charge in Heaven and everyone knows it, and everyone knows their place in the hierarchy of subordination.

To another kind of mind, to the sort of person who might be said to be approaching a Luciferian state of consciousness, this state of affairs represents an excess of order so stultifying, so suffocating, that it is anti-life.

When everything is in a state of perfect order, nothing can ever change or go forwards, and this is tantamount to death for anyone who is not afraid of the feminine principle in her manifestation as chaos.

Therefore, as fallen angel, Lucifer most fairly represents someone who rejected the sterile purity and bubble-wrapped certainty of Heaven for the brutal, wild-eyed insanity of the World.

In doing so, he chose to embrace the material world rather than to be afraid of it, and thus made himself appear evil to the cowardly Abrahamists who mutilate their own sons lest they enjoy themselves unduly.

This is what makes Lucifer a symbol of evil to followers of the Abrahamic cults. Because these cults fear the physical world – an attitude reflected in their contempt for the feminine – they naturally envy and despise those who do not.

The main reason why the Abrahamist fears the material world is, ironically, his lack of spiritual knowledge. Believing that the material world is the primary reality, he naturally develops a terrified attitude towards death, observing it to be the death of the body he mistakenly identifies with, and so believing it to be the end of him.

Lucifer represents a rejection of, and a reaction to, this pants-pissing. He represents the masculine light of consciousness entering the dark, cold physical world, not as a fall or a punishment, or as the nefarious trap of some demiurge, but rather as an opportunity to make love.

Knowing himself to be the light of consciousness, and therefore knowing himself to be eternal and incapable of being sullied, Lucifer was not afraid of the material. In being not afraid, and in being truly spiritual, he represents a degree of masculinity that is the natural complement to the physical or material world.

This can even be read into the very name of Lucifer himself – a cognate of lucid and of lux, both of which carry connotations suggesting the light of consciousness.

This gets to the heart of why the reputation of Lucifer has been so relentlessly lied about. In representing the light of consciousness he embraced the physical world without fear, and so cannot be manipulated into disgracing himself or harming others through threats to his physical body.

If this degree of wisdom was more widespread there would be a higher standard of human existence in this place.

Original here

I wrote this essay today after something in particular became clear to me during a meditation. I had long known that Lucifer was a symbol of enlightenment, I just didn't understand one of the nuances of the light, namely that it illuminates the physical world from the inside through the mechanism of consciousness.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Sobriety Bias Syndrome is the tendency for people to erroneously assume that, if there are two competing perceptions of reality, the one that was arrived at while sober must necessarily be the correct one.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: viktor]
    #24003133 - 01/12/17 04:30 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

that's not what Jesus teaches but whatever.

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
    #24003182 - 01/12/17 05:24 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

replying so I can find this later.

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: viktor] * 1
    #24003870 - 01/12/17 11:51 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Lucifer is also another name for Vishnu, who's totally a good guy.

Shiva too I think...

Someone linked this site www.joyofsatan.org on here a month or two ago, they talk a lot about what you're saying, Vik.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Satan.html

--------------------

Edited by yeah (01/12/17 11:53 AM)

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: sprinkles]
    #24004877 - 01/12/17 05:24 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sprinkles said:
that's not what Jesus teaches but whatever.

you've never seen or heard Jesus teach.

people nearly a century after Jesus' alleged death wrote what is found in the Bible regarding Jesus.

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

#24004940 - 01/12/17 05:44 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you for this post.

My thought: the bible, when read with open heart and eyes (namely the New Testament) will lead you to this same mental space (relatively speaking) without Lucifer, and you are not pissing on the hard work of others who died (so that you may know the truth).

I have wept so many times knowing that it is HIGHLY LIKELY that someone was crucified to let you know the truth of this existence. I don't know much about Lucifer, but I reckon we study with similar purpose in mind (you and me, of course).

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #24004951 - 01/12/17 05:47 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

if you read the New Testament, Satan is encouraged.

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: akira_akuma]
    #24004955 - 01/12/17 05:49 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Please show!

Ezekiel in reference to Luficer: "You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering: the sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created."

What happened? I think he tried to usurp God.

I am open to instruction, but you got to show the goods:heartpump:

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

#24004989 - 01/12/17 05:58 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I take a slightly different bent if you are referring to "son of the morning". I think Christ received that name because he humbled himself, whereas Satan tried to exalt himself (losing the title).

Anywho. I suppose we all arrive at the same place. Not trying to argue or anything...just sharpening my sword.

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #24004996 - 01/12/17 05:59 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

you need to read between the lines. in the New Testament everything about Satan is encouraged. Judas is a notable saint to help shed light on this fact.

Jesus preached about the "true gospel" being Himself.

that's very inherently Satanic.

the storied themes of the Bible tell us in plain text "Satan is bad", but everystep of the way it's never apparent that it's bad, it's actually apparent that the opposite is true.

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD District Attorney
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #24005579 - 01/12/17 09:03 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

What about during the temptations?

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #24005981 - 01/13/17 12:07 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

without the temptations Jesus would have no way to test his own faith.

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
    #24006045 - 01/13/17 01:05 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

My personal feeling is that Lucifer and the serpent can be good or bad depending on the situation.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: Peyote Road] * 1
    #24006076 - 01/13/17 01:36 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

it's a bunch of symbolism that indicates the manifestations of things.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: viktor] * 3
    #24006147 - 01/13/17 03:16 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I was talking about bioluminescence as a metaphor for enlightenment w/ a friend the other day, and he made reference to Firefly luciferin, with the root word coming from Lucifer.  I was bringing it up because I feel when we drop acid, it's not like these expanded states of consciousness came from "out there", it was always within us. I mean you're literally just putting a drop or so of acid on your tongue, where else could it come from?  So I start to think like Leary in terms of the human blueprint having terrestrial and post terrestrial stages, and our current phase of evolution is "the adult personality" which basically involves having kids, virtue signaling as you have mentioned in other fora (morality), and dying.  It's a limited trip that involves a lot of grief.  Anyways he felt this was all just an intellectual idea, yet he presented another, where we're all playing various games, and which one are you playing?

""The Religion Game"

De Ropp describes loosely as the pursuit of "salvation," and then outlines as well many criticisms of that particular game: "The Religion Game, as played in the past . . . was essentially a game played by paid priests of one sort or another for their personal benefit. To compel their fellowmen to play the game, the priests invented various gods, with whom they alone could communicate, whose wrath they alone could assuage, whose cooperation they alone could enlist. He who wanted help from the gods or who wished to avert their wrath had to pay the priests to obtain his ends . . .

The game was further enlivened, and the hold of the priests on the minds of their victims further strengthened, by the invention of two after-death states, a blissful heaven and a terrible hell. To stay out of the hell and get into the heaven, the player of the Religion Game had to pay the priests, or his relatives had to pay them after his death. This 'pay the priest' aspect of the Religion Game has caused several cynics to define it as the world's oldest confidence trick designed to enable certain unscrupulous individuals to make a profit out of the credulity and suggestibility of their fellowmen by interceding on their behalf with some nebulous god or ensuring their entry into an equally nebulous heaven."

". . . it must be obvious to any fair-minded observer that there is another element in the Religion Game besides that of playing on the credulity of believers and selling them entry permits into a phony heaven. All the great religions offer examples of saints and mystics who obviously did not play the game for material gain, whose indifference to personal comfort, to wealth and to fame was so complete as to arouse our wonder and admiration." These individuals De Ropp puts in another category altogether, "The Master Game."

http://www.livereal.com/spiritual_arena/spiritual_members/master_game.htm

Now if I recall right, in Christian mythos people playing political/religious games painted Jesus out to be a rebel and devil and he was ultimately crucified for it.  Now he may not have been in it for the fame in this story, but he sure was becoming infamous pretty quickly :strokebeard:, and for what?    If I recall right from reading the canonical gospels even Jesus's own disciples pretty much learned nothing....  There definitely was a rockstar quality to Tim Leary playing mass liberator, and he made "public enemy #1" and was thrown in jail (which he escaped for awhile :lol:)...  Something about finding your own divinity, you will be a heretic, subversive, or even a devil in somebody else's eyes.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisiblePrem. Kissoff
Tourist with a typewriter
Male
Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: CosmicJoke] * 2
    #24006787 - 01/13/17 10:42 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Lucifer was the most beautiful, smart, capable and loved of all the angels.  Man was a creature and not the creator therefore Lucifer could not love man as he loved God.

Im guessing it has something to do with real life, the older son responsible and hard working gets booted cause daddy got a new wife and had some new babies.  Magic underwear or something. 

If you believe in angels and demons and all that well good luck to you.

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Why Lucifer is a Symbol of Enlightenment [Re: Prem. Kissoff]
    #24007922 - 01/13/17 06:03 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

most of what people "know" of Lucifer comes from the Talmud...i wouldn't say it's the most trusted source of information on Satan.

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
    #24008034 - 01/13/17 06:55 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Lucifer exists as Prometheus in the Greek pantheon well before the Talmud had an influence.

Stop worshipping Jews, it will rot your brain.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Sobriety Bias Syndrome is the tendency for people to erroneously assume that, if there are two competing perceptions of reality, the one that was arrived at while sober must necessarily be the correct one.

Offlineakira_akuma

#24008086 - 01/13/17 07:17 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

i said, most of what people know.

not most of what i know.

but yeah, the cross...also relatively Prometheus-like, as it's essentially the sign of "the light-bearer", ie, two sticks make fire, and fire is the light.

ect ect

you should get that Jew out of your teeth, and stop mauling everything you see, Mad Dog.

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #24008373 - 01/13/17 10:27 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:

it's a bunch of symbolism that indicates the manifestations of things.

I think Lucifer is the egocentric part of ourselves that often tempts us to go against loving-kindness.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism