Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 604 | 605 | 606 | 607 | 608 | 609 | 610 | 611 | 612 | 613 | 614 | 615 | 616 | 617 | 618 | 619 | 620 | 621 | 622 | 623 | 624 | | Last >
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 3
    #26746495 -

oh you found an authentic philly restaurant I see :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: pirate-blues]
    #26746520 -

:datass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: pirate-blues] * 1
    #26746530 -

LOL, I did make the joke to my mate, "I guess the philly attitude comes with the place?" We have eaten there for the last 3 years no probs.:shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #26746534 -

Wouldnt be an authentic philly experience if you were not verbally accosted.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26746536 -

tyrannicalrex said:
Hey y'all! So, went to a philly cheese steak place on the way home from the cabin (3 hour drive). It was 7:45, the open sign was on, and a person pulled up and parked then went inside before we got out of our car. The mate went in 1st, then I came in. One of the people that worked there came up to us (no mask, we had ours on) and started telling us "we are actually closed, I shut my grill off already a little bit ago".

I was in the restaurant biz for 35 years. I understand if people want to leave early on a slow night, not to mention a Sunday. They are listed as closing at 8pm. We just were like oh well and left. I got annoyed that he said that to us, and the open sign was still on, and the front door was not locked.

I went back in to the place and the workers were all away from the door talking, and that one customer (I'm guessing, IDRK) was still in there. I call out to them and say "if you guys are closed you should really have the door locked" and I turn to leave. The guy that told us they were closed yells at me these exact words: "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I was completely shocked. The mate had already gotten inn the car and started it.

As I was telling him what had just happened the guy comes out of the place still yelling and saying something (our windows were up and I was trying to ignore him while keeping an eye out with my peripheral vision) and got close to the car! He also then angrily shut off the open sign. We pulled away and one of the workers was out there looking at us and talking shit, ad that other customer was getting in his car and they were exchanging words while she looked at us like a bitchy look.

I went on yelp and told the exact same story. I have only yelped once before and that was in 2012. Who would be that quick to say that to a guest? I have had people tell me things in frustration and it just goes with the job to take it, and then correct it for next time so it doesn't happen again. I do not think I was wrong at all,and his reaction tells me that maybe he's a fucking prick to everyone anyway.:shrug: It did surprise and anger me a bit. I'm thinking I should call the owners or email them, but I don't know. I'll see what response the yelp gets if it gets anything.



damn rex that's fucked up


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: SonicTitan]
    #26746538 -

SonicTitan said:
Wouldnt be an authentic philly experience if you were not verbally accosted.



Lmao true true


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26746541 -

We had a similar issue yesterday, we went to this waay out of the way town to get some candy and walk around (the walk was cut short since we only saw one person wearing a mask but dozens walking around) and had something to eat. Every time we asked the lady anything, she took 30 seconds to answer and always did so in a super rude tone. She even completely ignored me a couple times, we only really took her shit because we'd been there before and she'd been super nice. Maybe there's some bad vibes going around.


--------------------
             :crazykitty:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #26746545 -

I know! Tensions are high these days, but damn!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #26746546 -

u should write in the review the last time u yelped was 8 years ago

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #26746548 -

and share it wiff us pwease

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: ninja cat 09]
    #26746549 -

Definitely bad vibes going around.


--------------------
Give me Liberty caps or give me Death caps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #26746552 -

I dislike cheesesteaks tbh. At their core they're greasy drunk food and that's all well and fine but there's so much good food in Philly. Why would you pay some greasy little scab to call you a dumbshit and serve you what is at best, a drunken 4am mistake.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26746555 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: pirate-blues] * 1
    #26746557 -

Risk of storm seems to have been called off
but it is 30 degrees out and listed as feeling like 37
so staying the fuck inside anyway

productive morning was a good call
evening temperature is going to be so gross and sticky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26746561 -







no no no no

:eww:  :ytho:




I'm getting dangerously close to feeling a sense of superiority due to the general cheesesteak quality here...:strokebeard:. This is not good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: pirate-blues]
    #26746564 -

Whatever the cheese steak is topped with looks like freijolitoes, :nonono:


--------------------
Give me Liberty caps or give me Death caps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: pirate-blues] * 1
    #26746568 -

The one time I was in Philadelphia as a kid we went to this science center type place where there was this bike on a rail with a weight hanging under it for counterbalance, does that ring any bells?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: psi] * 1
    #26746573 -

Sounds like The Franklin Institute. There's a couple different sciencey museums but that's the big popular one.


Too bad they didn't take you to The Mutter :evil:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: pirate-blues]
    #26746574 -

pirate-blues said:






no no no no

:eww:  :ytho:




I'm getting dangerously close to feeling a sense of superiority due to the general cheesesteak quality here...:strokebeard:. This is not good.



Wtf why are there peppers in it???wheres the caramalized onions and cream cheese? That's a sad philly :frown:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evacuated Miners Ass (EMC) [Re: SonicTitan] * 1
    #26746579 -

Dude I don't understand the peppers. I like peppers! But not once has a single person in Philadelphia put green peppers on their cheesesteak. If they do that we cast them out into the forest and they live amongst the amish.


But out of state it seems like people go nuts for it :shrug:. Even NJ and NY seem to get it right for the most part though. It's really not hard. You just need high quality ingredients.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 604 | 605 | 606 | 607 | 608 | 609 | 610 | 611 | 612 | 613 | 614 | 615 | 616 | 617 | 618 | 619 | 620 | 621 | 622 | 623 | 624 | | Last >


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* EMC
( 1 2 all )
debianlinux 4,538 34 01/04/17 12:57 PM
by CookieCrumbs
* DISTILLATE CARTS
( 1 2 3 all )
tyrannicalrex 1,120 46 05/24/21 02:56 PM
by openmind
* Thursday LNC
( 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 )
THE KRAT BARON 15,035 381 10/07/05 05:20 AM
by Spooge
* LNC
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
thegatewaydrug 22,053 223 10/18/05 07:27 AM
by License_to_Chill
* My town is being evacuated!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
eyefyndum 9,335 130 06/22/08 10:09 PM
by KaptKid
* !!**Saturday LNC**!!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
TM 13,102 213 04/30/06 04:10 AM
by TM
* STOP CODEX ALIMENTARIUS - The criminalization of vitamins and minerals, and proliferation of toxic
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomismM 15,521 91 12/03/09 10:44 AM
by Trav
* I Figure its time for some LNC
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
AA2277 8,035 143 06/29/06 10:06 AM
by Liquidkick

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
181,801 topic views. 6 members, 8 guests and 184 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 16 queries.