Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemvs
Stranger
The moment when everything makes perfect sense
    #2595427 - 04/23/04 05:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hi everyone. I recently experienced something that I wanted to share so here goes. Lately I've been reading a lot about spirituality and the idea that how we take ourselves to be individuals is an illusion. I've experienced ego death through lsd experiences and I've experienced a strange physical sensation like a jolt of energy that goes through my body and in that moment everything makes sense. I can see exactly how I am NOT an individual and this is accompanied by intense crying of joy as I realise that there is actually nothing to worry about. (I see how all my worries from everyday life don't matter at all in the bigger scheme of things.) Life seems beautiful. Recently I experienced this in a sober state of mind and the jolts of energy lasted for a much longer time and was also accompanied by crying for joy and I had the same realisations. It lasted for the rest of the day and the following few days (including the emotional crying of joy; jolts of energy came and went during this period). Before this happened I had been extremely depressed for a few months. After this experience my depression has gone and it is now a month after the experience and I am still feeling great about life. Has anyone here experienced something like this or could anyone provide a possible explanation for the experience (I was specifically wondering about the jolts of energy i felt throughout my body)

Edited by mvs (04/23/04 05:26 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineplanit
natural
Loc: hilly glacier washout
Re: The moment when everything makes perfect sense [Re: mvs]
    #2595482 - 04/23/04 05:39 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i have a question for u , when u were depressed did u also have somthing like physical depression , (feeling shitty in general)? caus ei did ..and i still dont feel right.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #2603676 - 04/26/04 05:26 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I experienced what you have experienced - Mine turned around after a night full of auditory & tactile hallucinations, synchronicity on a scale I've never thought possible (every few seconds), accompanied by an understranding of 'the grand scheme of things'.

It's called psychosis, and mine was drug-induced. If you're feeling good now, great. Once the ego is lost, you know longer fear loss on a personal level, and are able to just ride with things and go where they go - the problem is you NEED ego to survive in a capitalistic society, so as comforting as it may be, you need to find balance. Explanation? Hell no - I'm still trying to figure my own experience out. It's kinda hard to focus on the day-to-day when you know what's behind the curtain...

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2603693 - 04/26/04 05:37 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

this happens to me often, and then somebody rips me out of my daydream or I snap out of my shroomdaze and remember "shit I have to do ::whatever:: tomorrow and I'm not really sure why!"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineGreyMatter
enthusiast

Loc: USA
    #2604267 - 04/26/04 01:04 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That is strange because the same thing happened to me this weekend....

....i have been depressed for about 6 years now....and I think that something is about to change...wouldnt that be nice?
I talked to some other people this weekend...and for once i felt like some one else actually understood how I feet.......
sorry, im not going into much detail...but I hope what happened to you is happening to me.....
enjoy life!

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: The moment when everything makes perfect sense [Re: GreyMatter]
    #2604654 - 04/26/04 02:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe you have seasonal affective disorder (sp?), and now that's it's spring, you're all happy again?

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology