Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
despair in a non perfect world
    #552920 - 02/15/02 08:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

as i sit here day in and day out, i try to watch less and less of whats going on in the world. its not the same anymore, but we all know that. so what ive been doing is getting my house in order. there is absolutly nothing i can do about what will happen to this world. i have no voice, i feel like the worker ant. or the cattle that goes out with the rest of the herd in the morning while the cowboys guide us through the land. the cowboys represent the govt and big corperations. if you try to break from the herd, sometimes, youll get away from the same monotanous regime, but maybe youll make it, most times you wont. you will starve without the guidence of the cowboy. no work, no money, no taking care of the bills that will follow you into your death, no support for you family no security, no hope. what do you do? you turn back and join the herd. the herd takes its break high noon. the world stands still. the herd goes back to work after 1hour. rush, rush, rush, hurry, hurry, hurry. you go to your boss, my mother is sick and dying. your boss responds, im sorry to hear that but the project is due, if you cannot do it, just let me know, I WILL FIND A REPLACEMENT. you ponder, you agonize, everything you have worked for can go to shit in this one moment. you make the call, you cant make it, something came up. your mother lays there, dying, then dead. what do you do? nothing, there is nothing you can do. this is the american way. always on the go, go, go, we have to be the best, we have to promote foreign policy, we have to have the world do things are way. we must have a world order. scary huh? we got attacked. we retaliated, but our blood lust isnt over yet. our economy sucks, our 401ks are loosing money, im not making 100 grand a year, dayum i cant go on that vacation i promised my family, we cant buy that car, or we cant get that expensive toy. but who cares about what goes on outside our borders? how many people starving? how many people not getting proper medical attention for the simplest of infections? how many countries are going to tolerate us? how long can our deepest and darkest part of our government continue to try to control parts of the world? when will there be a breaking point? who will say fuck it? who will strike first. in a flash of an eye, a society of humans will be gone. for what? one mans determanation that his way is the right way. that man and his family will be protected. there are 80 feet deep underground bunkers for that. they have the first warning. we are the herd, we are the sacrafice for someones family, we are owned, we are not free. we were branded at birth, some on the bottom of our left foot, some of us on the right. so, thats what are society has become, great, but not great. good if you are a cowboy, not a known difference if your part of the herd. so again i ask? who will be the first to strike? will it be us because we just cant impose our thinking and democratic ways around the world? will it be china, who has the capability and 6billion people, or iraq who is tired of us policy or iran who is strangly backing iraq? who knows? it doesnt matter anyways, because if it happens, you wont know from who. thats the nature of the herd.

Edited by MickyFinn (02/21/02 09:44 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Re: everyone in the herd, is your house in order? [Re: MickyFinn]
    #552939 - 02/15/02 08:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Free you're mind the rest will follow. Damn I should have put this in the quotes post!
I hear ya loud and clear how could I not. It's not for the herd to make policy or even question the reasonings of the higher powers, then again have you ever noticed how actual herd animals when being lined up to be killed abotiore style just stand there "like lambs to the slaughter." They can't comprehend there mates death, they don't understand the signs.
Thats society for you, the signs are there look to the middle east, northen ireland, you're front doorstep, but as soon as we are told not to worry we have the bigger guns the better economy the more rightous heart we stand back in line as if nothings wrong, believing because the bigger picture dosen't make any sense to us we can't comprehend what we can't control so in effect we stand and wait our turn.

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
Re: everyone in the herd, is your house in order? [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #558914 - 02/21/02 09:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

...bump

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology