Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Icelander Left Us Yesterday * 16
    #25895782 - 03/25/19 11:53 AM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Since Icelander was such a persistent user on this forum I think many people here need to know that the Icelander passed away yesterday. I was notified by his family. I do not know the details nor do I care to know. He was my best friend, and the time I spent in his presence are among my favorite memories. He was contrary and cantankerous but he was also one of the greatest positive influences on my life. He had talked about moving near to me a few months back and my wife had helped him shop for houses, but then suddenly decided not to. I wish he had. We had also been talking about making a trip to Iceland. I guess that's all done. It would have been a fine thing for the Icelander to set foot in Iceland. Many here either hated or loved him as is fitting. Raise your horn to salute the Icelander, a bonafide and true warrior of the way.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Huehuecoyotl] * 11
    #25895808 - 03/25/19 12:18 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

I became acquainted with Icelander over my years at the Shroomery, and I must say he was one of the most truly interesting people I have ever known in any capacity. His grumpiness and hostility were a mask for the kind soul of a disappointed idealist, and in this I sympathized with him deeply. I hope he departed this realm on his own terms, and I hope that beforehand he made some sort of peace with his mortality. The world is the poorer for his absence.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #25895816 - 03/25/19 12:23 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

He did discuss going out by his own choice, but he discussed this for years. I never took him completely seriously on that subject, but I did agree on living based on conscious decisions...and he taught me to think before acting. The world is much poorer today. However, he would have said that it made no difference.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Huehuecoyotl] * 6
    #25895838 - 03/25/19 12:34 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

As I just wrote to Hue via e-mail, I literally just read a message from Icey posted 2 days ago and replied to him not knowing he was gone. I had not heard from him for a year or more. Very strange.

Ice and I were close at times; then distant; then close again. I never got to meet him in person though we spoke once or twice and exchanged a thousand PMs. We debated ferociously yet shared many jokes and for years he was an integral part of PSP.

12 years or so ago, he invited me to Burning Man. Like so many of us, I postponed the trip as we all believe we have an infinite amount of time to piss away until our mortality hits us on the head.

Here's to you, John (Ice)! :cheers:

Say hello to Diploid for me. :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #25895849 - 03/25/19 12:40 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Diploid too? I didn't know.

--------------------

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #25895855 - 03/25/19 12:47 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

He finally went? Jeez, it's all I kept hearing "I'm dying", "I'm dying", then one or two years later he finally goes.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Buster_Brown] * 3
    #25895861 - 03/25/19 12:53 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

I saw him last on Thanksgiving Day about 5 years ago. I was visiting my son in Seattle and my son suggested driving down and harassing him some so we did. It was a long drive and he asked how long I was staying. Just overnight I said. He called me an idiot. The next morning we had a really awesome breakfast. Ice cooked and pulled out all the stops.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #25895870 - 03/25/19 12:59 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Diploid too? I didn't know.

That is another very strange story. I knew Diploid (Mike) for at least a dozen years here and he was one of my favorite posters as his knowledge base and logic was usually impeccable. So one time I said we should speak on the phone. He said he would love to, but just got out of the hospital for heart surgery and to give him a few days to recover then he would call. He went back to the hospital the next day due to complications and never recovered.

He was in his early 50's. :bye:

--------------------

InvisiblePocketLady
 User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Buster_Brown] * 3
    #25895871 - 03/25/19 12:59 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

I took a couple of years break from the Shroomery, and came back to find Ice wasn’t posting anymore. It’s really not the same without him. He was such a huge part of PS&P and S&M. Hope he has gone on to better things :heart:

--------------------
Love is from the infinite, and will remain until eternity.
The seeker of love escapes the chains of birth and death.
Tomorrow, when resurrection comes,
The heart that is not in love will fail the test.

~ Rumi

The day we start giving Love instead of seeking Love, we will have re-written our whole destiny.
~ Swami Chinmayanada Saraswatir

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: PocketLady] * 2
    #25895879 - 03/25/19 01:02 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

I don't come around much anymore, but good to see you here, PL. :hug:

--------------------

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
    #25895887 - 03/25/19 01:09 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Damn, he was a fixture in this sub for a long long time.

RIP

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 9
    #25895888 - 03/25/19 01:10 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Icelander in his element and how I remember him. Not long ago he decided that fishing even to release caused the fish too much pain...so he stopped.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 4
    #25895893 - 03/25/19 01:13 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Then there is Zappaisgod. He posted mainly on the Political forum, so he and I had almost no interaction, nor any kind of a relationship. A mutual friend suggested he call me so he did. (From NY I believe.) I had no interest in talking to him, but we ended up speaking for 3 hours. I went to call him back some 3-4months later and discovered that he had passed. Late 40s, I believe.

The moral of the story is:

1. Don't contact me if you want to live.

2. Cherish people you hold dear and stop pretending they will be around forever.

--------------------

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #25895895 - 03/25/19 01:15 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Should link this in the RIP thread so others are aware
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12700183/fpart/83/vc/1#12700183

InvisiblePocketLady
 User Gallery

#25895903 - 03/25/19 01:21 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I don't come around much anymore, but good to see you here, PL. :hug:

You too, OC. It’s been a while. :lowfive:

--------------------
Love is from the infinite, and will remain until eternity.
The seeker of love escapes the chains of birth and death.
Tomorrow, when resurrection comes,
The heart that is not in love will fail the test.

~ Rumi

The day we start giving Love instead of seeking Love, we will have re-written our whole destiny.
~ Swami Chinmayanada Saraswatir

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Huehuecoyotl] * 5
    #25895904 - 03/25/19 01:22 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Wishing Icelander all the best in the hereafter :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Huehuecoyotl] * 1
    #25896124 - 03/25/19 03:26 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

RIP Icelander

Sorry for your loss man. Sounds like it was a loss for all of us.

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Dephect]
    #25896179 - 03/25/19 03:53 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

he pm'd me with a lesson in humility (and pith) about an old pm i must have sent him, and i returned pith (and kindness, hopefully) in response...i didn't know why, but now i know- and this sucks to hear....so that's basically....

damn. i hope he's....happy.

(this makes me sad)

Quote:

However, he would have said that it made no difference.

.... indeed, that's probably what he would have said.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #25896194 - 03/25/19 04:00 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

You are correct. Most people believe themselves immortal. Your time on this Earth is limited act like it.

Quote:

In a world where death is the hunter, my friend, there is no time for regrets or doubts. There is only time for decisions.

-- Carlos Castaneda

--------------------

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Huehuecoyotl] * 3
    #25896643 - 03/25/19 07:35 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Well damn. A skeptic and critical thinker, he was a fundamental part of this forum for many years. Other than a few PMs we didn't communicate outside the forum, but I consider him a friend and appreciated his sense of humor. Just passin' through...

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom