Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #25944930 - 04/20/19 01:24 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Flipping the bird atcha I see. Weird structure. Residence or business or both?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #25945519 - 04/20/19 11:12 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Thats just Bisbee...weird fucking place. I am a liberal...but hell I feel like a Trumptard republican when I am there...lol.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Huehuecoyotl] * 1
    #25946739 - 04/21/19 01:48 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Man, that's got to be a loose place. Maybe a place of loose screws too!

--------------------

InvisibleRaven Gnosis
𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔡𝔞
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necoc Yaotl
Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: MarkostheGnostic] * 1
    #25949829 - 04/22/19 09:01 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

This really hurt a lot to come back to.

I came back to the Shroomery to specifically reconnect with Ice; it was my main goal and intention.

I had attempted several times over a few years to find my information and reconnect, I made a proxy account when Diploid passed and messaged RedGreenVines, saw Ice was pretty much inactive and meant to shoot him a message the following evening and don’t think I completed the message based on his inactivity, thinking it wiser to recover in my notebooks his contact info.

In this current moment, I am experiencing a lot of regret for not having sooner.

He and I talked much about death in private as it is something I’ve been very intimate with, and I’d often go to him for advice on quality outdoor gear, opinions on methods, etc.
And just share our mutual love of nature.

I’d often stumble upon his other handles on other and outdoor gear forums when doing research, it was fun how our path’s crossed on so many fronts.
https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=270236
His posts both here and there are of great value.

We recognized each other as kindred spirits, and it felt nice bringing out his fun and caring side.
I was hoping to share with him peace I’d found in things that troubled us both, things we sought solutions for, for which something whispered in his ears wordless stories of self-annihilation as a proper path.

If the peace I found was false, he was the only man I could trust to challenge it in such a way to make me see if it were illusory or not due to its closeness to him, and if not, it’d be of value to us both.

He had a very positive impact on my life and my development; he helped me solidify my practice of honest self-inquiry. He helped me shed the shame that had been heaped on me for the sort of raw honesty that breaks social-taboos and makes enemies of people’s animal emotions, but speaks to and demands a better foot forward from their intellect.

I wish I would have moved sooner, moved faster.
I feel a great regret for having not, with all I have been through; I know better to have not.

He was a good soul and I’m blessed to have known it; this pain, this grief his indelible absence has birthed, are a direct reflection of the truth of him.

--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Raven Gnosis] * 1
    #25950150 - 04/23/19 01:34 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for reaching out Raven Gnosis, and sorry for your feelings of loss. Ice and I were frienemies, not because I did not want to be friends but because his own issues prevented the intimacy of friendship. I have no desire to speak ill of him. I was frustrated that he was unable to love himself and by extension, life. He needed therapy but was too egoic to seek it out. Eleven months after Jokeshopbeard and CosmicJoke surprise-visited Icelander, CosmicJoke died, not by suicide as far as I can ascertain. I was expecting a visit from CJ this past winter.

We are all here for a brief period and we never know for how long unless we end it. Ice and I spoke a few times on the phone, most of my communications were on The Shroomery PM medium. He wrote some of us including me on the day he chose to die. I should feel honored but I just feel sad. Ice and I were the same age, we had explored similar things in the 1970s, but his pain predated the '70s. I wish he had gone into therapy long ago, but to him that just sounded cliché or condescending. It was not, it may well have given him cause to endure til an age where he ceased to matter to others. Obviously, his decision was premature.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Raven Gnosis]
    #25950348 - 04/23/19 06:36 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I have no idea how a "peace" - such as what you discovered - can be false.

Peace, tranquility, calm, equanimity are all terms for transient modalities that we can enter intentionally.
The integrative potential of "peace" is of real vale, but compulsive arguments and or a cynical attitude may undermine "calm", or attack the confidence and concentration required to achieve and maintain that 'peace'.

adding the term "real" to something like this introduces specific validating form such as the form of peace, or  stylistics such as the specific style of peace,
and these attributes effectively try to draw the line between "Us and Them" which is a distraction from your interest and a poor replacement for what you are interested in.

For example, a person who is practicing meditation may be observed occasionally to twitch, and another person may criticize his "calm" as not "real calm" because we saw a twitch. However this mediator may be reaching profound tranquility in stages and twitching between re-establishing their focus. 

Real peace is not determined by temporal constancy that lasts longer than 12 seconds, or 12 minutes, or 12 hours - it could flower and bust in 1 second, and that second could be an eternity (although you can chart progress with increased constancy).

If I had a single complaint about Icelander, it would be that he seemed to cultivate "Us and Them" stylistics more than he was interested in harmony - though I am no mind reader - it just seemed so to me.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleRaven Gnosis
𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔡𝔞
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25950621 - 04/23/19 10:18 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Thanks for reaching out Raven Gnosis, and sorry for your feelings of loss. Ice and I were frienemies, not because I did not want to be friends but because his own issues prevented the intimacy of friendship. I have no desire to speak ill of him. I was frustrated that he was unable to love himself and by extension, life. He needed therapy but was too egoic to seek it out. Eleven months after Jokeshopbeard and CosmicJoke surprise-visited Icelander, CosmicJoke died, not by suicide as far as I can ascertain. I was expecting a visit from CJ this past winter.

We are all here for a brief period and we never know for how long unless we end it. Ice and I spoke a few times on the phone, most of my communications were on The Shroomery PM medium. He wrote some of us including me on the day he chose to die. I should feel honored but I just feel sad. Ice and I were the same age, we had explored similar things in the 1970s, but his pain predated the '70s. I wish he had gone into therapy long ago, but to him that just sounded cliché or condescending. It was not, it may well have given him cause to endure til an age where he ceased to matter to others. Obviously, his decision was premature.

Thank you for responding.

I did not realize CosmicJoke died too, the hell... Just speechless. I see it being discussed now that I’ve sat with the reality enough to look and read through the thread in earnest.
I wish he would have at the least tried therapy; for some it does absolutely no good, though you can never know unless you take the plunge and take it seriously.

I can empathize with the manner in which his ego, or/and whatever else may have prevented him from reaching out to others, and for help.
His trust in his own direct experience and understanding was stronger than his trust in others, I recall him expressing to me in multiple ways in essence that he’d felt betrayed and deceived not only by the religiosity of his childhood, but by his journeys in the 70’s. Neither provided the answers he sought and I think he was loath to place his faith, mind and soul in another person’s hand’s again.

Looking at some of his last posts, I can see he was searching for answers and understanding for what may await him beyond his flesh.

Do you know for certain it was suicide? If so, how do you know if you don't mind my asking? This question has been on my mind a lot, and is important to me and how I will grieve him.

If it was suicide, I certainly feel his decision was pre-mature, for myself and others it doubtlessly was. I just pray what he did was truly right for himself and that he’d finally found peace and his time was truly right, that it was not born out desire for the cessation of suffering, but for readiness to face the greatest unknown, and that there is no hallowed crime in his choice if he still exists, that he is free.

He always told me that he’d go out on his own accord, I would genuinely be surprised if he had not.
I genuinely felt him and understood him in this, and respected it despite the manners in which I challenged it.
But overall, I listened and made sure he knew he was understood and felt.

I remember he sent me this once, while discussing the vigor of his dreams and how waking life paled in comparison, I’d never seen the movie but I knew exactly what it was he was telling me through it, and in my sadness today I remembered it, remembered him, and felt a lightness.

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
I have no idea how a "peace" - such as what you discovered - can be false.
Peace, tranquility, calm, equanimity are all terms for transient modalities that we can enter intentionally.
The integrative potential of "peace" is of real vale, but compulsive arguments and or a cynical attitude may undermine "calm", or attack the confidence and concentration required to achieve and maintain that 'peace'.

adding the term "real" to something like this introduces specific validating form such as the form of peace, or  stylistics such as the specific style of peace,
and these attributes effectively try to draw the line between "Us and Them" which is a distraction from your interest and a poor replacement for what you are interested in.

For example, a person who is practicing meditation may be observed occasionally to twitch, and another person may criticize his "calm" as not "real calm" because we saw a twitch. However this mediator may be reaching profound tranquility in stages and twitching between re-establishing their focus. 
Real peace is not determined by temporal constancy that lasts longer than 12 seconds, or 12 minutes, or 12 hours - it could flower and bust in 1 second, and that second could be an eternity (although you can chart progress with increased constancy).

If I had a single complaint about Icelander, it would be that he seemed to cultivate "Us and Them" stylistics more than he was interested in harmony - though I am no mind reader - it just seemed so to me.

I appreciate your response RGV and agree with what you’re saying in regards to peace fully.

I was quite strained emotionally while writing what I did, and consequentially did not, and did not feel the need or desire, to communicate what I was referring to as concisely and clearly as I could have.

What I am actually referring to is neither peace, nor something that can be false.

To grossly over simplify what I meant by what I said:

I more so wanted to share with him the solution(s) I’ve forged and found to things that haunted he and I, and to consider any challenges he may have had to them and their logic. Because of the uncanny closeness in what, and more importantly, how we experienced them, I trust he would be honest , as he always has with me, so I value his outlook tremendously in specific things and know that whatever criticisms he may have had, that I’d be stoking the fire of his soul by presenting him with the figurative salve I had made, and that he’d only help make me and what I’ve discovered stronger, to further fortify the recipe and consequent efficacy of my remedies.

If he’d of rejected it, it would have been in the way of a stubborn old cowboy set in his ways who shows his appreciation in warm, brotherly grit. :sun:

--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25950750 - 04/23/19 11:53 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

that's true, and
the regret of not reaching out to him is real, who knows.

sometimes the contact itself is the whole message, even if it is full of grumpiness and anger, it is still a connection.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#25952040 - 04/24/19 01:03 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

This is a lengthy thread, but Huehuecoyotl was privy to the details surrounding Icelander's death. He was also tasked by Icelander to dispose of his ashes (Hue included a picture of doing so). He saved up pain medication and took a fatal overdose.

You've never watched Bladerunner?!! :eek: We rarely go out to the movies but we went to see Bladerunner 2049! I recommend both!  That Rutger Hauer character as Roy Batty the android is classic. I used to remember the whole monologue by heart, mostly still do. It speaks to me as well in some respects but not in a potential but intentionally thwarted immortality as with Roy.

--------------------

InvisibleRaven Gnosis
𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔡𝔞
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25952406 - 04/24/19 08:30 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
This is a lengthy thread, but Huehuecoyotl was privy to the details surrounding Icelander's death. He was also tasked by Icelander to dispose of his ashes (Hue included a picture of doing so). He saved up pain medication and took a fatal overdose.

You've never watched Bladerunner?!! :eek: We rarely go out to the movies but we went to see Bladerunner 2049! I recommend both!  That Rutger Hauer character as Roy Batty the android is classic. I used to remember the whole monologue by heart, mostly still do. It speaks to me as well in some respects but not in a potential but intentionally thwarted immortality as with Roy.

I missed that somehow, I messaged Huehuecoyotl before I'd found the footing to read most the thread without having to walk away, but even then found it hard to not get caught in the current of what was happening internally in response. There is a relief for me there that it was on his own terms, though I do still hope it was done in warmth and peace and that there is no hallowed crime for his decision. I really do appreciate you pointing that post out to me.

I've been tasked with doing the same thing before, it's heavy but an honor, and I see beauty in the manner in which it unfolded for him, it makes me smile reading it.

I definitely intend to watch blade runner, in my mind I had it confused with The Running Man :lol:
My lady suggested watching them both with me, as she artistically enjoys the atmospheres, textures and aesthetics of cyberpunk when done good.

That is such a damn good monologue...

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
that's true, and
the regret of not reaching out to him is real, who knows.

sometimes the contact itself is the whole message, even if it is full of grumpiness and anger, it is still a connection.

My regret is pretty stark right now, I just stumbled on an old message from him in which he said he'd like to see me posting more around here, felt like a real punch in the gut with this regret.
It's going to take some work to settle and make peace with.

--------------------

OfflineMental Slavery
Eternally Confused
 User Gallery

#25953675 - 04/24/19 09:24 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Raven Gnosis said:
I was hoping to share with him peace I’d found in things that troubled us both, things we sought solutions for

if you dont mind, id like to hear about this peace

InvisibleRaven Gnosis
𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔡𝔞
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Mental Slavery]
    #25953778 - 04/24/19 10:55 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Mind if I sent it in a private message??

It's personal and would like to take some time to put it in the best and simplest words I can.

--------------------

OfflineMental Slavery
Eternally Confused
 User Gallery

#25953876 - 04/25/19 12:00 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

sounds good

Invisibleteknix
𓂀⟁𓅢𓍝𓅃𓊰𓉡 𓁼𓆗⨻
 User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Mental Slavery]
    #25967476 - 05/02/19 02:56 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

R.I.P.

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: teknix]
    #25996773 - 05/16/19 08:09 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Heart breaking to log in to this today, sent the day before he sailed off:

Offlineskippyluvs
Always

Loc: Urth aka earth aka # 1 pi...
Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Huehuecoyotl] * 1
    #26006691 - 05/22/19 03:10 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

21 Guns at the Least - for that Motha.

Respect - Always to that One.

You Know he's Tripping Balls elsewhere; much better place then this wretched plane.

Always - Icelander. Peace and Love to You, may you know these words Some way unto a Moment.

*dedicate the following to him -

~till

--------------------

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #26007923 - 05/22/19 06:04 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Eurovision! 

To the Icelandic people!:wonka:

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Barnaby] * 2
    #26025556 - 05/31/19 06:28 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I was party to a "medically assisted death process" a few days ago. AKA assisted suicide in years past.

It was pretty impressive. Family and friends gathered. Some couldn't take it and left. But the gentleman dying was the calmest of the group. And I thought I had my shit together. He had jokes and humor to the end, encouragement for others to the end, and ultimately, love for others to the end.

I hope Ice had something similar :heart:

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Kickle]
    #26025616 - 05/31/19 06:53 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Life is a blink of an eye.  He is alive and well.  When one has enough esoteric experiences and research we all go on. If you care that much about your own self absorbed notion of this poster on a website really think of eternity and wish him well there because we are all a part of it. 

Maybe care more about the people in your own life that YOU KNOW instead of this trivial, inane, P.C. millennial emo garbage.

I miss Zappa and his posts.  Huge sports fans and his posts had integrity to them and also politically which I disagreed with most of them on that part of it.  But he seemed authentic.  M's for the most part associate people you have never met but on social media as someone you know.  NO.  No you don't.

I miss his posts that is it and his family I hope gave him the respect to the degree I did from his posts.  Some cultures celebrate death and don't mourn it because we ALL DIE!  Celebrate what that person lived.  You will see him or her soon enough in time.:shrug:

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Icelander Left Us Yesterday [Re: Barnaby] * 1
    #26025638 - 05/31/19 06:59 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone in left field to catch that? I can't make sense of it :lol:

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags