Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesolidshroom
ShiggityShiggity Shwa

Loc: Far Frozen North
Ego loss
    #2573207 - 04/18/04 04:47 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

I feel like im so close to ego-loss, im on 2c-i and pot right now, but i just cant get there.

Right now i feel like im so close to what i think it is

but im not sure

so im making this post to ask :

Can you explain ego-loss? so i know if im thinking the right thing

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Ego loss [Re: solidshroom]
    #2573320 - 04/18/04 07:30 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

oh you'll know...

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Ego loss [Re: NariusFractal]
    #2573359 - 04/18/04 08:17 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Or rather you wont know! lol...ego loss, hmm. Dont look for labels just go with the flow.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinekeeponshroomin
    #2573363 - 04/18/04 08:19 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

You'll be able to tell when you have ego-loss.

Last night I had it for the first time on 4 grams of potent mushrooms locked in a dark room with Darkside of the Moon playing, and I had numerous out of body experiences, and the boundaries between me and the physical world had completely dissolved which made me my chair more than I was myself. It was such an amazing experience, and it happened on my first mushroom trip (I've done LSD before however). I also felt like I had such control over all of my visions..like I've never had before.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2573376 - 04/18/04 08:30 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Ego loss is the absence of the part of you that criticizes things and scrutinizes over details.

It's really terribly hard to explain.. you WILL know when it happens.

Also, if you feel that you get very close, you probably just need to let go of your ego. The best way (for me) to do this, is to go full on introspective, do an internal analyzation of your life.. realize all the good points and the bad ones will fade away.. all that you are left with is a deep appreciation and gratitude for all forms of love.

The part that would say (in your head) "but what about all the bad?" is no longer present.

This is ego loss, as best I can explain it..

Lemme find a link real quick, should help you out a little more...

Link

Read through the first post by trendal and the third post, by Kaiowas.. the third post is the one that should help you.

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA
    #2576927 - 04/19/04 06:49 AM (20 years, 2 days ago)

You arent aware you exist, no senses you are just witnessing
existence oppionless, no such thing as 'time' kinda like when
you're asleep. but really words are just 'titles' and they cannot
define the experience.

you wont be thinking you will just melt away ...

nothing is the cause of everything...

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

InvisibleMr_Gubjet

Loc: Infinitus Kosmos
    #2576933 - 04/19/04 06:54 AM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

solidshroom said:
I feel like im so close to ego-loss, im on 2c-i and pot right now, but i just cant get there.

Right now i feel like im so close to what i think it is

but im not sure

so im making this post to ask :

Can you explain ego-loss? so i know if im thinking the right thing

You can not have simulated egoloss on chemicals... Only nature can give you that.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2576998 - 04/19/04 07:36 AM (20 years, 2 days ago)

> oh you'll know...

You'll know that you know something, but you just aren't sure what it is or isn't that you know, you know?

Don't try... instead, surrender.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Ego loss [Re: Mr_Gubjet]
    #2577002 - 04/19/04 07:39 AM (20 years, 2 days ago)

> You can not have simulated egoloss on chemicals...

So you can have a real egoloss on chemicals, just not a simulated one? Or are you saying that egoloss from chemicals alone is impossible with the only 'real' egoloss coming from nature? You see blue, I see 420 nm... nature is simply a point of reference.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleshriek

#2578148 - 04/19/04 02:01 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

the most amazing feelin in the world is to break trough to the other side like jim said. a greatful dead indeed, you will know when you are there, there is no question about it (at least it wasnt for me, i yelled THIS IS IT THANK YOU first time) but dont try to hurry your way there. take your time, the best way to get there is not to have any luggage with you. the first thing a tripper should do imo is to do what i call "clean the house" before egodeath. cleaining the house means simply gettin to knows new sides of you. facing fears and other emotions. dont worry you get there in time :smile:

ego death is the most sacred state of mind for me

i had a egodeath trip earlier today and solved alot of things today. i wrote a small post about it in the pub and are now writing a trip report :smile:

:heart: :mushroom2: :sun:

OfflineNewMoon
explorer
Loc: Canada
    #2578428 - 04/19/04 03:15 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

the first step in ego loss is not wanting it to happen. If your sitting around on drugs wanting to have ego loss 100% of the time it won't happen. You can sort of sneak around this by going into a drug trip with this in mind but for it to happen the first barrier will be to not be caught up in wanting it to happen. And thats another problem with drugs... once such a spiritual experience happens on drugs, alot of people will try and "re-create" that experience even if their not ocnsiously doing it. If you experience ego-loss through meditation or yoga or whatever means, i suggest after that experience you should swear to yourself you won't do drugs again untill you have acheived the same state while sober, unless you can take drugs with out wanting to have the same experience. If not and you try and recreate that experience you'll just become frustrated.

Ok im jsut running circles and probably repeating things over now so i'll just post this...

--------------------
the only constant is change

Anonymous

Re: Ego loss [Re: NewMoon]
    #2579239 - 04/19/04 06:46 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

ehhhhh, i see what your saying, but i think if you take them to experience ego-death you can do it, but like you said dont dwell on it. i think the idea is to feel the love that you are.

Offlineplanit
natural
Loc: hilly glacier washout
    #2586965 - 04/21/04 01:08 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

wouldnt ego loss turn u into a very good person? not experiencing a want for big stupid shit like a hummer or somthing egotistical ?

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

Re: Ego loss [Re: planit]
    #2587001 - 04/21/04 01:19 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I consider myself close to ego-less, and yes I don't long for many material things, but I would not consider myself a good person.

Ego loss, for me, has been the realization of my insignificance- the enlightenment that I'm a uniform animal/cog that will soon cease to exist. It has lead to me wanting very little, even the preservation of my own pointless survival. I can barely watch/take part/involve myself/play in anything involving competition, I just don't get it. I feel a disgust for the rest of society, and hate society more than anything else. So in all, I don't believe ego loss translates to being "loving" or a "good person," rather a detachment from all the mind craves to establish the differentiated self.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2587105 - 04/21/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know if you can really achieve ego loss on 2C-I, but I've achieved it on mushrooms once and salvia three times. If you were there right now, you wouldn't be able to type. You wouldn't even know who "you" were.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #2587426 - 04/21/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

http://deoxy.org/egofalse.htm

Best description I've read.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Ego loss [Re: Seuss]
    #2587431 - 04/21/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> oh you'll know...

You'll know that you know something, but you just aren't sure what it is or isn't that you know, you know?

Don't try... instead, surrender.

I agree with "surrender". But I am not sure if it's a long, slow process, or if it's something that goes BLAMM!!! I remember going through the significant event in my life (SE??) that caused me to see things differently.

What are we talking about when we talk about ego loss? The ability to be wrong? The humility to ask for help, when needed? See, the way I see it, ego is about pride, and stubborn-ness, and standing one's ground, even if wrong. Those things.

Ego loss would be admitting when wrong, asking for help, acknowledging not knowing everything, listening instead of talking, etc. It is llike surrendering pride, I think.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Ego loss [Re: Frog]
    #2587597 - 04/21/04 04:25 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ego loss is the loss of 'you'. Hard to explain, Frog, but it's like 'you' cease to exist, and all there's left is an empty recepticle to absorb the input, without the ability to judge. In the state of ego loss there are no desires, no sense of self, no identification with the host body, no memories, etc. All but the skill to walk (at least in my case) was lost, but regained afterwards with no ill effects.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflinephEight
fate
Loc: houston, tx
Re: Ego loss [Re: Revelation]
    #2587771 - 04/21/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Revelation said:
http://deoxy.org/egofalse.htm

Best description I've read.

That was an AWESOME read man, thanks alot for that...

I'm gonna have to get my hands on that book it's from.

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2587813 - 04/21/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

great conversation guys!! some really deep thoughts here!

ego loss is very difficult to explain, and the main reason for this is because you really don't know it's happening until your ego jsut starts to take back the throne. it's like you don't really know it's gone till it "re-appears"

now regarding your input, sight, smell and sound, any of these can "shut off" or become dorment. but that's not really what ego loss is about.

your sence of you is gone. this is why it's hard to judge what's going on because YOU aren't judging. all you are left with is your essential nature, that is, awareness. you are just aware enough to know something is going on, but you don't know what. you cease to have opinions of the world on even the smallest scales because your ego is the main source of these opinions. believe me, you will KNOW when you have experienced ego loss.

another thing you may notice is your head can very well be completely silent. it's because you aren't judging things so quickly and so often. You can lay down on the grass and look at the stars with no thinking that "you are watching the stars" get it? your head will be damn near completely silent, this is the essence of complete awareness. it's like this this and that is happening, but you don't assign a good or bad value to it. it just IS.

I'm going to compy something that I posted on another thread because I think it describes the process well and what ego loss showed me

For me, the most important aspect of ego-loss is it showed me that our ego is not out essential nature. We have something deeper within each of us. The reason I said this because it didn't matter whether it was shrooms or salvia, I still had one thing, my awareness. I was aware of htings happening and I knew "things" were "happening" just didn't know what at the time

Essence is that which is unchangeable. our true nature. Everything else that was "me" was gone. I noticed before I experienced ego-loss, I thought my personality was me. now that may sound strange, but what I really mean is that I identified with my image and the things around me.

with ego loss I realized that my personality wasn't me at all, it what I thought I was. What I am getting at is that when you know that your essential nature is awareness, not personality, your ego can relax more and more because it won't be defending the personality. I used to say things like "you can't say that to me.." and now I see how wasteful of my energy that was.

When you identify with the personality as your actual essential nature, your ego will constantly be guarding and manipulating. Guarding the things that you do or have done that might be threatened, and manipulating the world around you so that it fits what you think is the "way it should be." When in life, we all know, you will win some, and you will lose some. and therefore it is ridiculous to rely on the exterior world to providey ou with happiness.

when you feel that your essence is awareness, you can sit back in a deep place within yourself and just observe what is going on. the more your ego relaxes, the more your awareness increases, because you are using more thoughts to see what's going on in the present.

what I mean by awareness is this...

close your eyes for a minute.......notice what you "pick up"

do it......

what I normally notice is that I pick up sounds more.

now think of what would happen if you were in a place devoid of sound and sight. you would pick up on sensations on your body. the mind to me is comparable to an antennae.

now this is not to say that the ego is bad, no no! We need it to function properly. but when you lose it, you gain a new perspective that you might not have had before. soon it won't be your ego using you to try to change your surroundings to fit your desires, but rather you using your ego to understand what makes you mad, and therefore showing you what you need to work on so that if the same thing happens again, you won't be as angry or upset.

this builds acceptence, and more awareness. if you can see your personality for what it is, jsut a tool then you can use it. when in ego loss you realize a new perspetice which means, if I feel this one minute, and then another the next, which one is "correct" maybe this "space" can be experienced any way you want to experience it.

if our essential nature is awareness, then we are all essentially the same. In this way, acceptence of each other is easier, and therefore communication will also be upped a notch.

Suffering can be used to provide you with "clues" as to what you need to do in order to be relaxed in 90% of the situations life brings to you. We as a society get angry too much

say your tire blows out...you can get mad and curse the poeple who sold you the tires, and the weather, and the guy who threw the nail, but after al is said and done...you still have a flat tire.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract