Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #25861315 -

LosTresOjos said:
Lol yeah, let me smoke my girl scout cookies so I can munch then after some green crack to mellow out. Lol never had these sorts of thoughts.




Me either. I wonder if people could tell the difference in a blind test.

But yeah, I get so blasted on my extracts I nearly trip. Two big hits off my pen and I'm fucking gone. It really feels like a light version of LSD minus visuals.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25861324 -

I can tell the difference between an indica and a sativa. When I want to get stuff done I prefer a sativa as it puts me in an uplifting and energetic mood. Indicas are great for couch lock. I’m ready for the blind test. Hahahaha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25861332 -

No freaking way they can tell the differences between strains based on the high.

They may be able to identify it by how it tastes, but that isn't what we're talking about and even then a lot of strains taste very similar if not indistinguishable. You're saying that they say the highs are different if I'm not mistaken.

I can tell pineapple express from OG kush in a heartbeat if I know those are the two I'm picking from, and I'd only be able to do so from their taste. One tastes like citrus and the other tastes like pine and earth.

But if you just blindfolded me and gave me a citrus tasting bud and a pine tasting bud I couldn't tell for shit which specific strain it was. Total shot into the dark.

And does it really matter? Just smoke it

Edited by Rnasty (03/08/19 03:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Rnasty]
    #25861344 -

This kid and others claim that certain strains do different things. Such as grand daddy purp being good for pain while sour diesel is good for sleeping. Things like that. I don't think they're saying they can tell the strain just by smoking it.

I can't even tell the difference between sativa and indica. If you gave me an indica and I smoked it and asked me if it was indica or sativa I would not know..all weed highs do the same thing to my mind and body while these people claim different strains are better for different things.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25861347 -

Here is one conversation I had with the kid

I say

Question..can u guys really tell a difference in the high itself between strains? I always thought it was nuts when people would say shit like "og kush is good for pain but the grand daddy purp makes me social" or something along those lines. I could never tell the difference..its all weed to me and gives me the same high...i couldn't even tell the difference between sativa and indica if I didn't know beforehand

And he says

"I don't know what you're talking about dude. Of course You can tell the difference. All the strains have different things about them. You must not smoke very often"


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25861386 -

Bill_Oreilly said:
Here is one conversation I had with the kid

I say

Question..can u guys really tell a difference in the high itself between strains? I always thought it was nuts when people would say shit like "og kush is good for pain but the grand daddy purp makes me social" or something along those lines. I could never tell the difference..its all weed to me and gives me the same high...i couldn't even tell the difference between sativa and indica if I didn't know beforehand

And he says

"I don't know what you're talking about dude. Of course You can tell the difference. All the strains have different things about them. You must not smoke very often"




All that shit is marketing.

I could go on, but that's the long a short of it IMO

Edited by Rnasty (03/08/19 04:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Rnasty] * 1
    #25861469 -

I used to think that yet there are a few strains that have a noticeably distinct balance that I’ve been able to point out pretty reliably. Mimosa makes greens so deep and vibrant it makes faded grass look like Switzerland. Only strain that has come close is strawberry cough. I have had the energy to run a marathon and a bowl granddaddy purp still knocked  me on my ass while this green crack cartridge I had was borderline speedy and impossible to sleep well on. They’re subtle differences in the ways the highs are balanced which there’s a tolerance sweet spot for noticing. If you have no tolerance you’ll be ripped through and through either way and with enough use weed loses a lot of it’s character.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Plurlife] * 1
    #25861659 -

That makes a lot of sense. Excellent post.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25861815 -

Back in the day when I was a kid smokin. when  everything around was chronic, skunk weed and jamacan red hair it all got me high the same way and made me feel the same way. Never had it either chill me out or hype me up depending on what it was because there was no internet to tell me what it should or shouldn't do. Only weed I smoked that was differant had pcp in it so that was pretty interesting to say the least.

These days weed just makes me tired so shrooms it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Its_pat]
    #25861850 -

Feel like I should also mention that cartridges of distillate labeled as sativa or indica are bullshit too.

It should theoretically be all THC and terpenes/esters.

Even the ratio of different cannabinoids between sativa or indica phenotypes are equally random. There's been no consistent trend for certain psychoactives to occur in one more frequently than the other.


--------------------
"I didn't know chicken's wore suspenders" - Towelie


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Its_pat]
    #25861858 -

I tried 5 different strains (gram amounts) and shatter (2 of which)  this year
the shatter was the same from different sources but the weed all varied a lot in effect for me.
I was most excited with something called Diabalo - bright and a bit nervwous and funny
the Kush's are intense and visual
another was satisfying but a bit stoopifying too.
I could choose which effect to smoke and get it each time with a toke or two.

possibly it was just the concentration of THC shifting, but Diablo was bright even after 4 tokes.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #25861903 -

I didn't read all the replies but yeah, there are definitely differences in the high from different strains.

Particularly the difference noticed with very strong sativa vs very strong Indica.

Otherwise the difference mainly comes down to taste and smell and the difference in high isn't as noticable.

But there are most definitely differences when you sample high end strains like what you find now days

I know because i sold weed maybe once or twice and have come across many many different quality strains :shrug:


--------------------
Within You , Without You


:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Enkidu] * 1
    #25861910 -

I use to be very specific about smoking sativa during the morning / day and indica at night.

Very distinct and different highs.

One is much lighter and energetic, the other is a stronger body high and makes you tired :shrug:

Sorry for the double post.

I could tell in a blind study IF they were on one spectrum or the other.

Hybrids (most strains) are harder to differentiate.

Smoke a 60-80% sativa one morning then a 60-80% indica the next and you will notice the difference easily, imo. From my experience :shrug:


--------------------
Within You , Without You


:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Pandemoon] * 1
    #25861930 -

Pandemoon said:
I notice differences in weeds.

Some strains (sativa mostly) make me creative & active, almost like a stimulant. It's hard for me to fall asleep with a strong sativa.
Indica dominant strains make me sleepy and calm, almost like a sedativum. I prefered indica strains to calm me down in the evening (indica = "in-the-couch"), and sativa to get "high" in a more psychedelic way.

In the end, the highs are pretty similar mentally. But the effects on the body is noticably different for me (sleepy versus active).

:shrug:

-



This.

Ttipple post :facepalm:

Sorry but anyone who says there isn't a noticable difference either isn't paying attention, or hasn't tried enough distinct strains far enough in each spectrum

Imo :shrug:

But imo every strain has slight differences :shrug:

Ok I'll gtfo now and let you people be  :leaving:


--------------------
Within You , Without You


:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25861934 -

You can definitely tell the difference, at least in my opinion.

Its easier to tease out the differences if you take like a 24hr weed break or more. Then hit one strain. You should feel the differences, especially if its a Sativa dominant or an Indica Dominant. Every strain has its own "character".

This also applies to different strains of mushrooms Ive grown as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25861936 -

:whathesaid:


--------------------
Within You , Without You


:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Enkidu] * 1
    #25862152 -

For me the biggest difference is in how you consume it.
Edible vs bong toke vs joint vs dabs etc

A toke of hash feels a lot different than a dab of live resin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Thedillestpickle]
    #25862343 -

A good indica will give you that couchlock feeling, sativa has a different buzz and is less likely to have that couchlock buzz.. Why most people swear sativa in the morning, indica at night... Me, I prefer heavy indica over everything else...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: Leftfield420] * 1
    #25862435 -

4me - hybrid is best, but I have about 1000 to try before I endorse one as a fave. this could take ages - not a daily toker.

so far something called Diablo has it's magic chain on me, and I hope to find it again after April when some of the pot shops reopen in toronto.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Honest opinion about weed...i need answers [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25862463 -

Its great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Weed and Shrooms. Frood 3,563 10 08/09/02 10:02 PM
by Disgustip8ted
* weed vs shrooms beatlesrock 5,042 14 11/27/01 06:37 PM
by HB
* Re: stank weed Taz 1,996 19 04/05/01 05:16 PM
by Taz
* weed/shrooms/ the dumbness?
( 1 2 all )
danskater7 5,604 23 05/23/03 06:49 AM
by Annom
* New weed anti smoking ad
( 1 2 all )
ShamanSean 7,355 32 01/30/03 08:16 AM
by CeeEssGee
* weed
( 1 2 all )
justthiz 5,165 24 01/12/17 12:16 AM
by Didgedood
* can weed spark a shroom flashback
( 1 2 all )
krazykamil 5,421 20 08/15/03 10:41 AM
by HidingInPlainSight
* shrooms and weed CockyMandrill 2,834 18 02/13/03 05:26 PM
by thehunter

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
6,013 topic views. 2 members, 27 guests and 163 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.