Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: Failboat] * 1
    #25814842 -

Quirkmeister92 said:
Think about what you just described though.



:sammy:

:breakthrough:

:raisemyglass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: Failboat]
    #25814855 -

When I first started most of us still thought heat was bad. I made a wooden frame with a screen across it and I would set it up on top of a box fan set to pull the air thru. Then I would finish with damp rid.
It was a huge pain and it didn't work fast or well :facepalm:  The first time I put them thru a food dehydrator I was so happy :lol:

I have had cracker dry fruits go bendy stored in ziplocks. I think vacuum sealing would be the best way to go but I hate how it breaks them and ruins their presentation.
I have a number of gallon jars that I use for cultivation but I always have spares, it takes up space but they stay perfect in them long term. So that is what I do now.


--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: mushpunx]
    #25814863 -

Also, for storage: I store in brown glass jars with a handful of desiccant packs thrown in for good measure. Blocks over 95% of light getting in, and has low grade dehydration just in case. I just checked my oldest fruits on hand (about 4 months old now?) and they snap cracker dry everytime.
:thumbsup:

Edited by ShaperDreaming (02/15/19 05:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #25814876 -

If I was going to hang on to something for some reason, and I wanted it to stay good for a long time I would probably pop the caps off gently and lay it all out so you can vac seal it fully with some presentation intact. Then store in a safe in the dark.

I just gallon ziploc everything by the half pound these days.


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: mushboy]
    #25814896 -

mushboy said:
LogicaL Chaos said:
I use a desk lamp and tin foil.

Takes about a day :shrug:



I'd rather eat the entire flush than dry that way.



Suit yourself!

Many ways to dry shroomz :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25814904 -

I use the oven no issues at all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: Fungeyes]
    #25814910 -

Nice. What temp and time?

Everytime i tries the oven, my shrooms came out all soggy and gross.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: Fungeyes] * 1
    #25814919 -

Fungeyes said:
I use the oven no issues at all



The oven? No issues??

Not having it!


--------------------
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25814924 -

Dehydrator till beyond dry.
Into glass jars with dry rice.

Potentcy loss has never been an issue, they last for years.

You spent a lot of time and effort to grow/pick your shrooms spend just as little bit more and look after them properly.
Helps with dosing also.


--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: pineninja]
    #25814931 -

pineninja said:
Into glass jars with dry rice.




Is this just a desiccant? Any reason to use rice over packets?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #25814933 -

Yes it's a great desiccant, totally natural and doesnt matter if you eat a bit by mistake.
Also cheap.


--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: MrCraggles] * 1
    #25816277 -

I have dry ice readily available, so I fill amber glass jars with the dried mushrooms ( dried with dehydrator) and toss in a chunk of the dry ice, then loosely rest the lid on the jar and wait till the ice is gone, and replace the oxygen in the jar with co2.  then tighten the lid and store away.

longest I've left a jar is 3 years with no noticable loss of potency or presentation

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: FlusH] * 1
    #25816346 -

FlusH said:
I have dry ice readily available, so I fill amber glass jars with the dried mushrooms ( dried with dehydrator) and toss in a chunk of the dry ice, then loosely rest the lid on the jar and wait till the ice is gone, and replace the oxygen in the jar with co2.  then tighten the lid and store away.

longest I've left a jar is 3 years with no noticable loss of potency or presentation



Wow that's incredible. I'm super impressed!!!


--------------------
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: FlusH] * 1
    #25816359 -

Impressive.

Ive heard "the pros" freeze dry their shrooms for maximum "bag appeal" :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25816410 -

LogicaL Chaos said:
Nice. What temp and time?

Everytime i tries the oven, my shrooms came out all soggy and gross.



170f with the door slightly cracked for 6 hrs. I do this when I need to and it works fine. I just keep them on the top rack and toward the front, and flip them once or twice during the process.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: nube424] * 1
    #25816426 -

I have had a adjustable temperature American Harvest dehydrator for years now. Works like a champ and you can always buy extra trays if needed. I used to air dry before that and man, felt like it took forever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: MrCraggles] * 1
    #25817498 -

MrCraggles said:
So I was recently told that my method of drying is completely inadequate. I pop them in front of a fan on the highest setting in a warm room. They are dry cracker dry within about three days. I've used oven baked Epsom salts before too. I'm going to invest in a dehydrator.

I know this isn't ideal, but the mushrooms always get me to where I want to be. My penis envies for example still seem to be really strong. I gave them to three friends that all trip regularly and two of  them said they wouldn't want to take more than 3g after having a lower dose and being blown away.

Those who have both dried in front of a fan and also used a dehydrator...have you noticed a substantial decrease in potency from using the fan?

How do YOU dry your mushrooms?

What is the best method?



Fan drying is inadequate. You may think they're completely dry but you'll notice the difference once you dry some in a dehydrator or oven. I fan dried for years. I started out using a desiccant and quickly realized that was too much a hassle and not suitable for large batches. Then I went on to fan drying and storing the "dried" mushrooms in the freezer. I can't imagine going back to doing either of those. As for potency loss it's hard to say but it's a fact that as you lower the moisture content you increase potency and heat is needed to give you the lowest moisture content.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: Kizzle]
    #25817824 -

Thank you. There's absolutely no doubt for me that I'm going to go get a dehydrator in the next couple of weeks! I want to know my mushrooms will last me!

I have enough mushrooms to last me two years. Do I need to now put each bag of already 'dried' mushrooms in the dehydrator for a bit? To make them ultra dry? Because there's no way they're actually going to keep for two years. How long would I need to do this?

I checked on the mushrooms and all but one bag...they're all solid and snap in half. Are you telling me they're still inadequate?


--------------------
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: MrCraggles]
    #25817846 -

you could toss them in a jar with some desiccant packs to make sure they're dry now.

check on them every hour or two though. I've done that before to find the mushrooms were still most and I needed to fan dry again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do YOU dry your mushrooms? [Re: FlusH] * 1
    #25817945 -

food dehydrator all day. Picked mine up at walmart for 35 bucks. best 35 bucks I ever spent. and now I can make beef jerky.


--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Whats the fastest way to dry mushrooms Voodoo_Child 20,127 12 05/12/11 09:44 PM
by Karate_donkey
* Question about dried mushrooms... Mygnyl 4,512 10 02/21/02 12:34 AM
by Anonymous
* Viable spores from dried mushrooms PsiloSurfer 6,841 2 01/25/02 12:38 AM
by SThomas
* Grinding & Storing Dry Shroomies
( 1 2 all )
babyshroom 4,697 23 10/04/01 08:17 AM
by them_26
* Re: Im in the drying stage Anonymous 760 3 07/08/00 12:04 PM
by AldousHuxley
* Drying mushrooms anybody have special easy tech... shroomGod420 2,943 11 05/14/02 03:19 AM
by GaNjAShRooM
* Re: is 90F too hot for drying mushrooms?? Mycelium5150 2,444 2 06/14/00 04:55 PM
by Triple_3
* Drying mushrooms celsius 2,803 5 09/28/01 03:27 AM
by Ellis Dee

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
914 topic views. 8 members, 295 guests and 166 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.