Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Guru Goldilocks and the Three Deluded Bears
    #2573767 - 04/18/04 01:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Guru Goldilocks. After a long meditation, Arya Tara appeared to her in a spectacular vision. "There is a house in the forest. Go there!" Tara's words were smooth as silk and had a soothing effect on the mind. Goldilocks roused herself from the mahamudra and walked into the forest. Before long, she came upon a house. It was just like the one she saw in her vision. She knocked on the door. When nobody answered, she walked right in.

At the table in the kitchen, there were three bowls of porridge. Guru Goldilocks was hungry. She tasted the porridge from the first bowl.

"This porridge is one extreme!" she exclaimed as it burned her tongue.

She tasted the porridge from the second bowl.

"This porridge is the other extreme!" she said, wrinkling her face at the taste of cold porridge.

So, she tasted the last bowl of porridge.

"Ahhh, this porridge is the path between two polar opposites," she said happily and she ate it all up.

After she'd eaten the Three Deluded Bears' breakfasts, Guru Goldilocks decided she was feeling a little tired. So, she walked into the living room where she saw three chairs. Guru Goldilocks sat in the first chair to rest her feet.

"This chair is raised and luxurious!" she exclaimed, remembering the 8 Mahayana precepts.

She sat in the second chair.

"This chair creates the causes to delight in samsara, which is of the nature of suffering!" she whined in dismay.

So she tried the last and smallest chair.

"Ahhh, this chair is humble and adequate," she sighed. But just as she settled down into the chair to rest, it broke into pieces!

Guru Goldilocks was very tired by this time, so she went upstairs to the bedroom. She lay down in the first bed, but it was too extreme. Then she lay in the second bed, but it was the opposite extreme. Then she lay down in the third bed and found ultimate bliss in the Madhyamika. Guru Goldilocks fell asleep.

As she was sleeping, the Three Deluded Bears came home. The Three Deluded Bears were filled with desirous attachment and possessed delusive minds bound in cycles of suffering and perpetual disatisfaction. Their happiness was dependent on surrounding conditions.

"Someone's been eating my porridge," growled the Papa bear in anger, wasting the merit of his good deeds of past lives.

"Someone's been eating my porridge," said the Mama bear, whose mind was trapped in dualistic appearances.

"Someone's been eating my porridge and they ate it all up!" cried the Baby bear, whose ignorance to the True Nature of Reality had kept him locked in the sufferings of birth, aging, sickness and death since beginningless time.

"Someone's been sitting in my chair," growled the Papa bear, grasping at his ego as inherently existent and of highest importance.

"Someone's been sitting in my chair," said the Mama bear, losing all of her happiness to her desires.

"Someone's been sitting in my chair and they've broken it all to pieces," cried the Baby bear, whose mind lacked equanimity and had therefore developed strong attachments.

They decided to look around some more and when they got upstairs to the bedroom, Papa bear growled, "Someone's been sleeping in my bed!"

"Someone's been sleeping in my bed, too!" said the Mama bear, whose aging body was gradually consuming her precious opportunity to attain ultimate liberation.

"Someone's been sleeping in my bed and she's still there!" exclaimed Baby bear, who was about to meet Dharma for the first time in a thousand aeons.

Just then, Guru Goldilocks woke up and saw the Three Deluded Bears. "You mustn't remain enslaved to your attachments," she said calmly, "These are just objects, and what is in the kitchen is only food. To seek delight in external pleasures is to create a fundamental incongruency between the circumstances you desire and the circumstances which undergo the formality of actually occuring. So long as we continue seeking happiness in objects of attachment, our happiness will be disappear whenever those objects are not as we had expected them to be. If we continue to live this way, our disatisfaction will be endless. If peace is kindred within our own heart and mind, our attachments will dissolve and we will uncover an unshakable and truly authentic happiness. As the mind settles, we will gradually become healed of the afflictive states which arise from minds of ignorance, and finally attain the unsurpassed bliss of full enlightenment."

As a result of imparting this wisdom, Guru Goldilocks had turned the wheel of Dharma in the minds of the Three Deluded Bears. The knots of their delusions began to unravel, and within forty-nine days Baby Bear had attained the state of a Stream Enterer. Mama Bear became a Solitary Realizer of the tantric path, and Papa Bear ordained as a monk and became a great Dharma Protector shortly after realizing the emptiness of inherent existence of all objects of knowledge. His teachings throughout India aided many in attaining direct realizations of all aspects of the Mahayana path.

That is the story of Guru Goldilocks and the Three Deluded Bears. Guru Goldilocks was in fact an emanation of the Wisdom Buddha Dorje Shugden.

THE END

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Guru Goldilocks and the Three Deluded Bears [Re: Ped]
    #2573820 - 04/18/04 02:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

exceptional

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2573975 - 04/18/04 03:04 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Very good! Best version of this story I've read, ever. It put a smile on my face.  :grin:

:thumbup:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2574063 - 04/18/04 03:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Now tell me the story about "The Three Gummi Bears"...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: Guru Goldilocks and the Three Deluded Bears [Re: Swami]
    #2574222 - 04/18/04 04:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Now tell me the story about "The Three Gummi Bears"...

gummi worms would be more interesting

and slimy :heart:

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2577342 - 04/19/04 12:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

So the path to enlightenment includes trespassing on private property, eating bland food and breaking chairs?

Anonymous

#2577437 - 04/19/04 12:43 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

on this day Ped said:

... Guru Goldilocks had turned the wheel of Dharma in the minds of the Three Deluded Bears. The knots of their delusions began to unravel...

They/we all gotta start somewhere.

Good story Ped. Thanks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology