Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
New Grow with Mono Tub Tek
    #25666798 -

So I've started my first attempt at the mono tub tek. I successfully fully colonized a 3lb bag of rye berries with b+ cubensis. It was odd though, I thought the bag smelled a little off like fermenting seeds or something... but the mycillium was very happy and colonized in about 3 weeks. I never got that dense and beautifully white mycillium that I've gotten with canning jars of mixed su straight so if someone has experience with rye  berries I'd appreciate some insight. I used a substrate for the tub that was 60/40 coco coir to verm, and added about 10% of gypsum. I'll post picks of the chamber growing mushrooms in about 8 days when I take the FC out of the closet. Heres some pics of the FC I used. The holes on top are 1"x1" and the holes on the bottom are 3/8" and spaced about an inch appart and stuffed with polyfill. The FC is really misty right now so I think rh wont be a problem but fae might be. I'll need to keep an eye on it and make sure the get plenty. Also I peaked at one of the sides this morning a saw some rye berries with mycillium growing from them.:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2: :grin::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Edited by SlowJoe (12/08/18 10:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: SlowJoe]
    #25666830 -




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: SlowJoe]
    #25666847 -

i would just make a normal tub w 2 inch holes


--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: tripdawg420]
    #25666849 -

Well I'm in a little to deep to change it now. I'll have to see how this goes. If it needs more fae I'll fan and mist.

Edited by SlowJoe (12/22/18 12:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: SlowJoe]
    #25666907 -

If your bag is clean it should smell like fresh mycelium, it might have been bacterial


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #25667223 -

It did smell like mushrooms as well. And was pretty much all I could smell when I broke up the bag. It didn't smell bacterial...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: SlowJoe]
    #25667233 -

I'd guess your sub will be prone to drying out given the amount of holes you've made..Keep an eye on moisture levels, you'll likely need to mist..You're far better off following the well trodden tek paths

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: Shroomspective]
    #25667344 -

I used this tek. https://www.shroomology.org/forums/topic/46-how-to-grow-shrooms-in-bulk-monotubs/ it was the number one tek when you type monotub tek into google. It called for 1/4" holes on the bottom but I felt that was to large so I modified it a little  and reduced their size by 25%.:laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: SlowJoe]
    #25667417 -

I'd stick to the teks on this site if I were you..Good luck:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: SlowJoe]
    #25667423 -

SlowJoe said:
I used this tek. https://www.shroomology.org/forums/topic/46-how-to-grow-shrooms-in-bulk-monotubs/ it was the number one tek when you type monotub tek into google. It called for 1/4" holes on the bottom but I felt that was to large so I modified it a little  and reduced their size by 25%.:laugh:



them fruits in that tek need more fae :shrug:


--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: Shroomspective]
    #25667746 -

Haha, I would but I'm in too deep now:smile:, thanks for the advice though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: SlowJoe]
    #25672645 -

Here is a pick on how it's going. Any thoughts?:eek::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: SlowJoe]
    #25674859 -

Heres today's pic. Things are coming along nicely:mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: SlowJoe]
    #25674862 -

:thumbup:


--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: tripdawg420]
    #25677224 -

Todays pic, This is looking awesome!!!:crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: SlowJoe]
    #25677249 -

:headbanger:


--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: tripdawg420]
    #25679517 -

More Rhizomorphic growth.:eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: SlowJoe]
    #25680202 -

:headbang3:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: swatt_haze]
    #25680270 -

So it's looking like this will be fully consolidated and ready to fruit sometime around wed next week. I've been reading the threads on this site about fruiting, but I'd appreciate some suggestions from experienced growers on how to maximize my yields. I'll keep posting daily pics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Grow with Mono Tub Tek [Re: SlowJoe]
    #25681349 -

Todays pic:laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Tub Teks..jiffy,verm? tedbundyjr 1,438 3 07/15/01 04:26 PM
by 40oz
* bluhoney Start to finish tek bluhoney 6,247 13 04/05/02 10:20 AM
by SouthernGent
* Invitro Bulk Tek Version 1.2 ShroomZilla007 20,272 12 05/15/23 04:54 AM
by Stromrider
* Complete Professional Growing Tek
( 1 2 3 all )
bluhoney 24,235 43 04/15/24 03:10 PM
by stasis
* HELP!! It's my 1st time growing..... straightbangin 1,603 7 11/30/01 12:02 AM
by cahnooka
* WANTED wheat straw tek for site dimitri211 4,254 5 07/21/01 12:20 PM
by Anno
* plastic baggie tek? wind_wraith 2,864 15 06/03/01 02:13 AM
by pyromaniac
* need help.. neglect tek max 2,319 8 07/27/01 07:39 AM
by Vitticeps

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,178 topic views. 14 members, 67 guests and 145 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
Calendar Event: 12/08/55
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.