Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |  [ show all ]
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: XUL] * 1
    #25659670 -

The earth isnt going to die genius. We are.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25659697 -

Not if we are mining leftovers from afar.

But most of us would probably die.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: christopera] * 2
    #25659750 -

christopera said:
qman said:
Really, are we going to have to move to the moon or Mars?  :sad:



Nah. We will all be dead. People that aren’t us will do something like that.



What's going to kill us in a decade?  Heat, cold, floods or lack of food? 

How about we just take it day by day and try to survive like our ancestors have always done?

This idea of attempting to micromanage every aspect of humanity is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm not giving up my energy consumption or first world standard of living based on the speculation it might hurt future generations. :shrug:

Edited by qman (12/05/18 04:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: qman] * 6
    #25659760 -

Speculation lol

Right. What we should focus on is the HORDES of UNSKILLED migrants FLOODING into Europe and destroying western civilization. Because that’s much more of a real thing than climate change.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25659763 -

When your daughter is being raped by grooming gangs, I would say yes, it is more important.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: XUL] * 1
    #25659765 -

Neither of those things exist.

Climate change does.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25659772 -

Now I know why you think the way you do.

You don't even acknowledge the immigration crime facts in Europe.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25659779 -

The Ecstatic said:
Speculation lol

Right. What we should focus on is the HORDES of UNSKILLED migrants FLOODING into Europe and destroying western civilization. Because that’s much more of a real thing than climate change.



It's called addressing the most pressing issue at the moment.

Right now, the climate is perfectly fine in the US and EU. If that changes then policy could also change.

Right now, the EU is in the middle of a migrant crisis. This crisis is quantifiable and needs to be address immediately. The same issue also exists in the US, thankfully people have been waking up to this reality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: qman] * 4
    #25659805 -

“Don’t plan for things in advance.”

Brilliant strategy.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: The Ecstatic] * 2
    #25659809 -

Gonna quit my job tomorrow since my mortgage isn’t due for another 4 weeks. I’ll worry about that if I need to in the future.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: qman] * 2
    #25659852 -

qman said:
The Ecstatic said:
Speculation lol

Right. What we should focus on is the HORDES of UNSKILLED migrants FLOODING into Europe and destroying western civilization. Because that’s much more of a real thing than climate change.



It's called addressing the most pressing issue at the moment.

Right now, the climate is perfectly fine in the US and EU. If that changes then policy could also change.

Right now, the EU is in the middle of a migrant crisis. This crisis is quantifiable and needs to be address immediately. The same issue also exists in the US, thankfully people have been waking up to this reality.



Pretty well versed in the environmental sciences I see.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: christopera] * 1
    #25660099 -

Considering that France has almost no fossil fuel industry, seems like discouraging the use of foreign fuels with tariffs is a nationalist policy that should warm the hearts of the xuls and qmans.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25660114 -

The Ecstatic said:
Gonna quit my job tomorrow since my mortgage isn’t due for another 4 weeks. I’ll worry about that if I need to in the future.



Humans as a whole never plan that far in advance, we're not wired to do it.

It's disingenuous to compare responsible individual decisions with what billions of humans should plan for decades in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: christopera]
    #25660120 -

christopera said:
qman said:
The Ecstatic said:
Speculation lol

Right. What we should focus on is the HORDES of UNSKILLED migrants FLOODING into Europe and destroying western civilization. Because that’s much more of a real thing than climate change.



It's called addressing the most pressing issue at the moment.

Right now, the climate is perfectly fine in the US and EU. If that changes then policy could also change.

Right now, the EU is in the middle of a migrant crisis. This crisis is quantifiable and needs to be address immediately. The same issue also exists in the US, thankfully people have been waking up to this reality.



Pretty well versed in the environmental sciences I see.



What's wrong with the EU and US today in terms of climate?  It's normal by all recent standards.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: qman]
    #25660130 -

I don't blame them for being pissed. Maybe the planet is warming maybe it's not, I don't know. Maybe it's due to humans, then again maybe it's not. I don't know.

But one thing I do know is that these green energy laws are corrupt as hell. It's all bullshit. It's just a bunch of hidden taxes and money going into the pockets of rich assholes whose carbon footprints are bigger than most small countries.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: qman] * 3
    #25660155 -

climate is already one of the primary causes of mass migration. Droughts. Loss of farmland to the sea and loss of entire nations are already happening.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/climate-refugees-kiribati-cbsn-on-assignment/

Quote:
Kiribati, the Pacific island nation with a population of 100,000, faces looming threats due to sea level rise and climate change. The archipelago is made up of 33 coral atolls and lies halfway between Hawaii and Australia.

Kiribati native Tearei Tekita's says her home was destroyed by an extremely high tide, known as a "King Tide," when the water surged up from the shoreline without notice as she and her niece lay sleeping. She points to what is now a pool of water, where her home, and many others, once stood.

Scientists have said that the island nation, along with other low-lying Pacific nations, could be uninhabitable within decades. According to Ben Strauss, Vice President for Sea Level and Climate Impacts at Climate Central, "Sea level is rising 50 percent faster than it was 20 years ago and that is a real cause for alarm, so it is not a future thing we are really seeing that acceleration." Kiribati, pronounced "kir-ah-bahss" by locals, has an average elevation of just 6 feet above sea level.



For 2000 years, sea levels had been stable then they stared rising 150 years ago. Now they are rising at rates approaching a half a foot a decade. The economic cost to human civilization will be staggering. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but we like to live where the oceans and land meet,


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: agent_smith] * 1
    #25660193 -

kaptanjak said:
I don't blame them for being pissed. Maybe the planet is warming maybe it's not, I don't know. Maybe it's due to humans, then again maybe it's not. I don't know.




Well, it is. And it is our fault. There is really no scientific debate. The debate is political.

Quote:
But one thing I do know is that these green energy laws are corrupt as hell. It's all bullshit. It's just a bunch of hidden taxes and money going into the pockets of rich assholes whose carbon footprints are bigger than most small countries.



Which rich assholes? The oil industry is the most subsidized in the world. They profit while everyone else has to pay for the damage, and then they use those profits to pay off corrupt scientists and politicians who manaufacture and foment doubt about the climate reality. The point of these taxes is to reduce the carbon footprint, incentivize the use and development of alternative energy sources and to shift the costly burden of climate change onto the people are using the hydrocarbons that are causing the problem.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: qman] * 2
    #25660290 -

qman said:
christopera said:
qman said:
The Ecstatic said:
Speculation lol

Right. What we should focus on is the HORDES of UNSKILLED migrants FLOODING into Europe and destroying western civilization. Because that’s much more of a real thing than climate change.



It's called addressing the most pressing issue at the moment.

Right now, the climate is perfectly fine in the US and EU. If that changes then policy could also change.

Right now, the EU is in the middle of a migrant crisis. This crisis is quantifiable and needs to be address immediately. The same issue also exists in the US, thankfully people have been waking up to this reality.



Pretty well versed in the environmental sciences I see.



What's wrong with the EU and US today in terms of climate?  It's normal by all recent standards.



Thank you climate scientist qman.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: koods]
    #25660374 -

koods said:
kaptanjak said:
I don't blame them for being pissed. Maybe the planet is warming maybe it's not, I don't know. Maybe it's due to humans, then again maybe it's not. I don't know.




Well, it is. And it is our fault. There is really no scientific debate. The debate is political.

Quote:
But one thing I do know is that these green energy laws are corrupt as hell. It's all bullshit. It's just a bunch of hidden taxes and money going into the pockets of rich assholes whose carbon footprints are bigger than most small countries.



Which rich assholes? The oil industry is the most subsidized in the world. They profit while everyone else has to pay for the damage, and then they use those profits to pay off corrupt scientists and politicians who manaufacture and foment doubt about the climate reality. The point of these taxes is to reduce the carbon footprint, incentivize the use and development of alternative energy sources and to shift the costly burden of climate change onto the people are using the hydrocarbons that are causing the problem.



These are people who said the icecaps would be gone by 2007. Plus a list of so-called climatologists full of pizza delivery boys and dogs. It's no more credible than the list of scientists who say the world trade center was brought down with explosives. Maybe it was, who knows. I wouldn't put anything past them.

The rich fuckers I'm talking about are people like Al Gore. They're running a giant scam that they themselves don't even believe in. Al Gore's own professor, the man who invented global warming, said himself it had been thoroughly disproved, and they tried to say he was senile when he was sharp as a tack. When people like Al Gore move into tiny houses and start driving Priuses then I'll worry. Till then I'm going to call them out for the giant lying douchebag scam artists that they are.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: France's carbon tax. [Re: agent_smith] * 1
    #25660581 -

kaptanjak said:
Maybe the planet is warming maybe it's not, I don't know.






Welp, now you do know.  You're welcome.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* United Nations pushes "Solidarity Tax" - More liberal douchbaggery xDuckYouSuckerx 862 5 07/06/06 01:31 PM
by Hank, FTW
* I'm pretty sure that France is fucking retarded
( 1 2 3 all )
afoaf 7,309 53 04/11/06 11:54 AM
by afoaf
* Voting Sets Up Left-Right Duel to Lead France lonestar2004 1,401 4 04/24/07 11:46 AM
by lonestar2004
* Repeal the Grave Robber Tax
( 1 2 all )
z@z.com 2,234 20 04/20/05 05:01 PM
by zappaisgod
* U.N. Proposes World Wide Tax! Ellis Dee 1,239 9 02/13/02 11:56 AM
by twiggedoubt
* 40-cent-per-gallon gasoline tax increase urged by federal panel lonestar2004 737 7 01/15/08 05:33 PM
by lonestar2004
* Why income taxes must be abolished silversoul7 848 6 10/19/04 11:56 PM
by silversoul7
* Norway's tax burden Phred 658 1 06/30/05 11:04 PM
by SoopaX

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
2,721 topic views. 4 members, 8 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.