Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Easy Mycelium: It works.
    #25281 - 07/23/00 01:59 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

So, you didn't sterilize the sweetened water?

Have you tried using honey water? Is the Nutrasweet preferable?

------------------
"Not all drugs are good... some are great."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
    #25283 - 07/23/00 12:34 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I had no luck with the honey water. So I messed around and did this.
It would probably work with spores if the jars were sterilized (without H2O2). Havent tried it though.
I didnt sterilize the water/sweetner other than adding H2O2 into the solution.

Offlinegreypoe
addict
    #25284 - 07/23/00 02:04 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

If only i were smart enough to cultivate shroomies..

--------------------

OfflineMud

#25285 - 07/23/00 04:42 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Hey nice one. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the Aspartame - I dont think its chemically similar to sugar. Oh yeah, what concentration was the H202? My pet beaver might try this, he's sick of relying on the spore suppliers. He's also planning on making a spore syringe but is concerned about contamination.

--------------------
======================

"Flying Dick"

I can't drive
And now my index finger
Shows up in my nose.

OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
    #25286 - 07/24/00 01:03 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Regular store brand hydrogen peroxide (3%). Dont use peroxide for spore syringes, it will kill spores, not mycelium tho.

[This message has been edited by BoomerZ (edited July 24, 2000).]

OfflineBlaze2wo
enthusiast
    #25287 - 07/24/00 02:29 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

OOOO Shit BoomerZ! I'm going to try that tek. If only I could get my jars colonizing.

------------------
Dankerbizthabesterb

Anonymous

#25288 - 07/24/00 02:37 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

WHAT A GREAT TEK!! If I were illegally growing mushrooms in my friends closet I would definately try this!!!

------------------
"Magic is nothing more than lying SO convincingly that the universe believes you."

Offlinebrainnoise
journeyman
    #25289 - 07/25/00 04:17 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, Aspartame contains polyketons.. (or something like that) the thing is, some people are alergic to it. do you think the shrooms my mutate or something being exposed to it? I am also asking because I wanted to know, have you eaten any mushrooms that resulted from this experiment? Did you find any difference. I know that nutrasweet fucks with you memory, in fact, when i drink nutrasweet i become disoriented, and detached, and some of my girl friends drink it because it gives them a sort of mental high.. I hate nutrasweet.. but i do like this tek..

------------------
To see the light is not enough.. brainnoise

OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
    #25290 - 07/25/00 01:16 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Well, the mushies are pinning right now, and do look pretty strange for pins. But the number makes up for the wierd. There about 50 pins on 1 half pint cake. I'll report friday to say if the mushrooms were mutated sugnificantly or not. I have used nutrasweet in PF substrate before, which proved to increase colonization rate, and it produced some heavily rhizomorphic strands. There were about 3 mutants that resulted from those cakes, but the rest of the mushz were normal. I ate em and they were fine, so i dont think that it really causes anything bad to happen in the mushrooms.

OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
    #25291 - 07/25/00 04:11 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I just checked the pins from about 3 hours ago when i last posted and they have visibly grown. there was only 1 with a visible brown "mini-cap" and now there are 5. I have never experienced pins growing this fast. I only birthed the cake saturday (no invitro) and there are quite a number of pins. Usually, for me anyways, it takes about a week for pinning to start.

Anonymous

#25292 - 07/25/00 04:53 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Frankenshrooms!!! hehehe I gotta try this boomerz.

peace.

OfflineYEMushrooms
Loc: indiana
    #25293 - 07/27/00 12:16 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I used your nutrasweet mycelium method about two days ago. i followed it to a T. i had some mycelium to play with so i made up six jars of the stuff. 3 jars look exactly like they did when i started and 3 jars are cloudy as hell. has anyone else had this work this fast??? how thick should the mycelium water be before it is ready to use??
peace...

OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
    #25294 - 07/27/00 01:18 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

What temps are the jars at? Mycelium after 2 days..that sounds strange. Might be contams, but if you used H2O2, it shouldnt be a prob. As soon as you feel like it, you can start innoculating jars with the myc. water. Dont let it cloud TOO much, otherwise it clumps together and is hard to get small, easy mycelium peices. (innoculating is the tricky part, the mycelium doesnt want to come out of the syringe once in it). It took my jar 2 and 1/2 weeks before i could see mycelium. BUT it was at low temps.

OfflineYEMushrooms
    #25295 - 07/27/00 02:01 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

The jars are at 80 degrees. I used approximately a capful of H202 per jar. So i dont think its contamination. Would contamination be a different color or would it be the same foggy white? I put in about 10-12 strings of mycelium. How many did you put in?
peace...

OfflineYEMushrooms
    #25296 - 07/27/00 02:15 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

i forgot to mention, im using half-pint jars, so i cut the ingredient quantities in half. the mycelium was also from a fresh cake if that matters, so it could still be growing rigorously like we know fresh cakes do.
my last batch had a high contam. level and i was only 100% sure that this one cake had no contams on it, so instead of trying to get it to fruit and hope to make a print, i cannabalized it and used the mycelium to try these nutrasweet jars to create a larger amount of innoculant.
peace...

OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
    #25297 - 07/27/00 05:25 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I doubt its contamination. Try innoculating some jars and post here when they start to show growth. If they dont grow, then its probably not mycelium. Also, when you innoculate the jars, it may take as much time as spores to start growing. Post your results. Good luck!

Anonymous

#25298 - 07/27/00 06:09 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

if dextrose and maltodextrin are the active ingredients here, I bet buying some malt extract from a home brew store would work great. Probably a lot cheaper, you could do this 100 times over with one can.

OfflineYEMushrooms
    #25299 - 07/27/00 11:34 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

i cooked up and innoculated some jars tonight. ill let you know when something happens.
peace...

Offlinebrainnoise
journeyman
    #25300 - 07/28/00 12:12 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I tried this tek with a little variation. I put water (tap) and 1 nutrasweet packet. (i did this for 4 jars..) I then proceeded to drop in one drop of spore juice into two of the jars. (notice i did not put in any h2o2) After two days, the innoculated jars are slightly cloudy, and the controls are still clear. Seems like i should be able to innoculate within a week. Oh yea.. when i say I, I mean my uncly vinny.

------------------
To see the light is not enough.. brainnoise

Offlinesnarf
enthusiast
    #25301 - 07/28/00 03:19 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I'm allergic to Nutrasweet, it sucks ass. I get that same dizzy feeling if I eat or drink something with that stuff in it. Harmless my ass. But I digress.

Since this tek is sort of a cloning technique, won't the strain eventually lose vigor and a new sport print be taken? I mean, the honey tek works indefinitely because you're germinating spores which are many different cultures in one. I forget what that thing is called but for every generation of cloning you get some sort of DNA degredation. It must be true 'cause I saw it on Star Trek. :wink:

------------------
-snarf

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds