Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
LC Honey PC @8psi
    #25093683 -

Hello! I got a pc which reaches 9 at max, how many time do you guys think I need to put it inside the PC at this psi? 45min? 1 hour?

My recipe is:

1. Mix 4% honey and 96ml of water
2. Wash my PP5 containers
3. Make a hole and tape it with micropore (1 layer)
4. Pour the mix and close completely the lid
5. Put a layer of tin foil like the BRF Jars
6. PC @9psi 1hour and let it cool down at night
7. Inoculate the container through the micropore at SAB and put another layer of micropore (the 2nd layer)
8. Done?

Am I correct? opinions, since nothing grew, but I think the problem are the spores (pretty clear syringe).  ):

This is my honey:



Edited by roses4lg (03/27/18 04:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LC Honey PC @8psi [Re: roses4lg]
    #25093691 -

If nothing grew then your time for pressure cooking was probably fine.

Could be old spores, how long did you wait to see growth?

Also we strongly discourage making LC From spores around here.


--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Edited by elasticaltiger (03/27/18 04:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LC Honey PC @8psi [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25093701 -

I inoculate them 1 week ago and nothing ): So 1hour @8-9psi is fine?

So, which tek do you follow to make LC?


--------------------
x.x

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LC Honey PC @8psi [Re: roses4lg]
    #25093706 -



--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LC Honey PC @8psi [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25093722 -

Also honey + water is just a sugar LC which has garbage performance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LC Honey PC @8psi [Re: elasticaltiger] * 1
    #25093775 -

elasticaltiger said:
If nothing grew then your time for pressure cooking was probably fine.

Could be old spores, how long did you wait to see growth?

Also we strongly discourage making LC From spores around here.



Agreed, and if the syringe was very clear hopefully you knew to shake the ever-loving-piss out of it prior to inoculating the LC to distribute the spores in the syringe.

I've had plenty of good results with sugar based LC's, but never honey - still don't let that deter you from your current project, just try something else in the future like tiger linked you (think I'm gonna give that TEK a go myself, doing a variety ATM to see which works/which I like best, looks more promising than other TEK's I've been seeing).

Doesn't mean it's a total loss because you used honey, people used it for decades.  Just may want to invest a bit for your next run so you don't get stuck in a loop of MS>LC and old tek methodology, there are a lot of newer alternatives, particularly liquid inoculant (LI) and malt/dextrose/grain based LC's.

Hope you see some growth!

:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LC Honey PC @8psi [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25093782 -

So basically the optimal procedure is use agar
elasticaltiger said:
This one

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23740857



Im trying to figure out the tek but I don't understand this part

"So for 120 ml final LC I want to be using about 2-4 grams worth of nutes, be it potato or malt etc. I then make up about 50 ml of water with 2-4 grams nutrition and 1 gram agar. This puts the agar at 2% and nutrient rich."

What are nutes? And which is the actual recipe since I don't get it ):


--------------------
x.x

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LC Honey PC @8psi [Re: roses4lg] * 1
    #25093801 -

Nutes = Nutrients.

Agar media is made up of two parts, agar which is basically natural gelatin, and nutrients for the cultures/mycelium to feed off of.

I found this confusing when I came back as well, as I'd always had great results with sugar based LC's and TEKs using the newer methods were not really clear on how they go about "producing the nutrients"

People are finding better results by simmering things like potato flakes and straining it, leaving you with water full of potato nutrients, or grinding up wild bird seed, even brown rice flour mixes with sediment.

Some people still stick to premium blends, which are mostly a combination of light might extract and dextrose.  This isn't much more expensive and you will have the best results this way as it is pre-mixed with pre-measured instructions that are easy to follow.  The premium agar blend I just obtained from a Shroomery sponsor is Malt Extract Agar, which I've heard is the best to start with.  It's 25grams per 500ml, PC'ed 15psi for 30-40 minutes.  I only needed half that, so I just scaled out 12.5g for 250ml and cut the recipe in half.

The recipe is inconclusive as it leaves too many variables with which nutrients you choose to use.  It's preference which you use and each one works slightly differently.  I don't have enough experience with the new LC's yet to give solid advice on which nutrient to use, but if I was on a budget, I'd just use what I had available, which seems to be half the point; you can use a lot of things you'd already have laying around your house.

I bet if you were to post a question about the recipe in Pastywhyte's EzLC tek thread that tiger linked you, people would be happy to help you with that information.

:mushroom2:

Edited by plurfekt (03/27/18 07:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How Many People Love Malt and Dextrose LC's but
( 1 2 3 all )
HippieChick 6,089 41 06/20/05 12:45 PM
by Roadkill
* Question about actually using LC to inoculate. GatorB 660 4 06/26/05 12:32 AM
by nitroguy
* PC question AKA PC 1,444 5 04/08/03 11:33 PM
by AKA PC
* A few PC Questions Buddha 1,156 6 03/31/02 07:28 PM
by Targa
* PCs at walmart. mxdrk 1,268 11 02/03/05 08:32 AM
by Damn_Skippy
* 3M Micropore surgical tape = lid filter agar 13,827 14 06/20/05 09:36 AM
by backupwards
* PC power.. SpaceVox 700 15 03/27/05 05:57 AM
by IGnosticAbhorI
* Could a presure cooker be 8psi? P_O EnDelfisE 2,420 18 01/25/16 08:18 AM
by Inocuole

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
418 topic views. 16 members, 97 guests and 160 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.