Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I'm rereading the book "1984" now....
    #2494329 -

*spoilers if you haven't read*





don't read any further if you haven't read it!!






I just got to the part where Winston and Julia are in Mr. Charrington's shop and they are saying:

"We are the dead"
"We are the dead"

And then the telescreen hidden behind the picture says:
"You are the dead"


I got chills...  :thumbup:



*me*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: MOTH]
    #2497058 -

You wern't expecting that part eh. Just wait till the end.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: MOTH]
    #2498922 -

Good reading! :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: MOTH]
    #2499730 -

Under the spreading chestnut tree
I sold you and you sold me
There lie they, and here lie we
Under the spreading chestnut tree

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: MOTH]
    #2499791 -

Have you seen the film of it?
It's pretty good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: MOTH]
    #2500388 -

Fuck I only read like half of that when I was in highschool, I need to re-read it.


--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2504377 -

it is still 1984 were itching closer to the 3rd world war you too will meet the secert police they'll draft you and jail your niese go quitely to boot camp they'll treat you dead make you a man dont you know its for a cause feeding globle corperations claws


--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: onetime]
    #2505193 -

Dead Kennedys rules.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: MOTH]
    #2505595 -

Watch Equilibrium, its kind of a cross between 1984, farenheit 451 and the matrix... its a bad ass movie and if you like 1984 i think you'd love equilibrium :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: ]
    #2505628 -

I saw a guy reading 1984 outloud on the side walk in Key West, Florida for money a few years ago.

That was cool.




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: Learyfan]
    #2505842 -

round here that sort of behavior would get you beat down for being a faggot. probably by the cops no less.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: solidshroom]
    #2505849 -

solidshroom said:
Watch Equilibrium, its kind of a cross between 1984, farenheit 451 and the matrix... its a bad ass movie and if you like 1984 i think you'd love equilibrium :smile:



you forgot bravenew world too  :smile:, but yea thats a good movie.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: solidshroom]
    #2505862 -

Yeah Equilibrium was a pretty cool movie. Did anyone catch the similarity between the names of Prozium and Prozac?

1984 is an awesome book. Everyone should read it...because we seem to be moving towards such a world these days :wink:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: MOTH]
    #2507786 -

Yeah I'm about halfway through it right now.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... [Re: MOTH]
    #2511635 -

That book is soooo amazing!


Everything is well thought, no flaw and reflective! :smile:

I suggest you guys not to see the 1984 movie I thought it sucked hardcore. If you haven't read the book do so and if you have read it ignore the movie unless you need sleep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Book recommendations?
( 1 2 all )
Irishdrunk 3,617 23 05/31/05 10:59 PM
by KackleDude
* Movie Of The Week ( Equilibrium ) LuNaTiX 1,517 12 05/05/13 12:43 PM
by CidneyIndole
* 4 great books. joe666 863 13 08/23/05 08:44 PM
by Colonel Kurtz Ph.D
* BOOKS
( 1 2 all )
lemon_lw 3,601 27 08/21/05 10:21 AM
by ivi
* Have you seen Equilibrium? LSDempire 877 11 04/28/05 09:15 AM
by LSDempire
* name this book htownkid28 1,646 13 12/22/02 09:43 AM
by mntlfngrs
* Books FreeFalling 824 5 04/15/04 11:56 PM
by DannyT
* New books
( 1 2 3 all )
HELLA_TIGHT 4,360 57 07/09/05 03:46 AM
by blissedout

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,391 topic views. 5 members, 21 guests and 288 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.