Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. * 1
    #25010449 -

Many cultures were slaves, not just Africans. There were Irish slaves, Native slaves and various other cultures throughout history. How do you think the pyramids were built? Slavery?... or Aliens?

Even we as “white people” are slaves. Slaves to a dollar bill, slaves to the people in power, slaves of our own selves sometimes.

Slaves have been around since the dawning of man, just in a different context. Idk... sometimes it’s best to leave history in the past and move forward with new understanding. No more playing the victim card..

Tired of people saying “why because I’m black?” etc.. No no no! The color of your skin has nothing to do with it, your attitude does.

Separation is only an illusion. Open to all thoughts on this matter during black history month. Black, white, purple, blue, grey and whatever other color you can think of. One color never made a rainbow, it takes the whole color spectrum to make this world beautiful.


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Edited by MadHatter333 (02/21/18 12:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: MadHatter333] * 5
    #25010543 -

Slavery built the wealth of the United States and cotton exports at one time was 50% of the US economy. Abolishism in England resulted in a one time payment that exceeded the bank bailout in 2008 to slave owners for the 'confiscation' of their property. These payments went on to fund the industrial revolution in England and were the source of wealth that founded many predominant modern insurance firms, banks and railways that still are in business today.

  England's manufacturing boom of fabrics and cotton exports were built on the backs of slave cotton imported from the USA and when the civil war broke out it resulted in famine, riots and deaths in the UK.

Slavery is a big deal because many people got very rich and their ancestors are still rich to this day from that labour. It shaped a lot of modern industries.


--------------------
I was pessimistic in my youth. Now I can just follow the Toronto Raptors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: Ole Field Trashe] * 2
    #25010564 -

ok fuck that, i just hate that fake ass lets all get along bullshit while at the same time downplaying the situation.

Irish people were not slaves nor were they ever slaves, they were indentured servants, "Unlike institutionalized chattel slavery, indentured servitude was neither hereditary nor lifelong; unlike black slaves, white indentured servants had legal rights; unlike black slaves, indentured servants weren't considered property."

the white European man did to blacks and Americans what they did to the dogs and that is breed them for their benefit = generations of slavery... real slavery with all the bells and whistles.


--------------------
Trip 7
THUG - ISLAM - BIBLE
streets disciple
CHRIST IS KING.

Sunshine said: "Gangsters are super heroes"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: Green7Alchemist]
    #25010574 -

Jobs are slavery. I’m unemployed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: ShiVersblood] * 1
    #25010588 -

Living is slavery, I'm dead.


--------------------
I was pessimistic in my youth. Now I can just follow the Toronto Raptors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: Ole Field Trashe]
    #25010606 -

Death is slavery. I’m living forever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #25010610 -

Taxes are slavery. Fuck the government!


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: MadHatter333]
    #25010615 -



--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: MadHatter333] * 2
    #25010645 -

I don't really understand the point of the OP :shrug:

I don't understand how American enslavement of blacks - being hunted down and forcefully removed from their homes, imprisoned, moved to another continent, and sold as property, actual property with a deed for entire generations with no way out - is comparable to our culture's obsession with making money. I've never experienced anything remotely like this in my pursuit of material wealth. Have you?

While I do see how slaves of the Egyptian empire were likely treated in the same way as black slaves in America, I think to compare the two events like you did is disingenuous, as it completely ignores the fact that one happened thousands of years ago in a fallen ancient empire, while the other ended less than two hundred years ago, and its effects are still felt by blacks living in America to this day.

I also don't understand the need to appropriate someone else's argument. Going from "black lives matter" to "all lives matter" seems to me to make the assertion that the challenges and prejudices faced by blacks in America are equivalent to those faced by people of any other race in America,  including whites.

Maybe you live in a magical garden where blacks really are treated the same as whites, but both where I grew up and where I live now, it's just not what I've seen :shrug:

The most visible instances for me of how blacks are treated differently come from watching how LE interacts with them versus me and other white people. When black people get pulled over, no matter the reason, they're immediately pulled out of the car, put in cuffs, and at least two or three other cops show up as backup to start searching the car. Maybe some of the people they run into have this justified, but it happens every time I see a black person pulled over.

White people get to stay seated in their car, no handcuffs. I rarely see cops calling for another car to back them up if they've got a white person pulled over. I routinely see blacks pulled over for minor traffic infractions that I've gotten away with doing countless times right in front of a cop's face.

In my own personal experience, I got pulled over once and had a pocket knife fall out of my glovebox while I was getting my insurance card out. The cop absolutely saw it and he didn't even flinch. I gave him my insurance card like nothing had happened and soon I got sent on my way. I'm absolutely certain if I was black, I'd have had cold steel pressed to my temple before getting thrown in the back of a cop car.

Being a white guy with a gun or knife and interacting with a cop where I live means being treated with respect as someone exercising my constitutional right to be armed. You tell them where the weapon is, they tell you to keep your hands on the wheel, and they go about their business so long as you stay still. Being a black person in the same scenario means at a minimum a cop's gun in my face, getting handcuffed, disarmed, and searched, if I'm lucky.

It doesn't stop with LE. The schools where I grew up in the parts of town where majority black populations lived have to give students bottled water to drink because the drinking fountain pipes are filled with lead. Twenty minutes down the road where the white folks live, you could have your name engraved on a gold plate on a safe, working drinking fountain if you made a donation to the school.

Maybe I've just happened to live in areas where cops and other authority figures treat blacks differently. And maybe such simple things as safe drinking water are provided equally for black and white children elsewhere. Where I've lived, your standard of living, how you're treated by others, especially authority figures, and your overall opportunities in life are better if you're white than if you're black.

I gain nothing by saying this. I don't have an agenda, and I'm reasonably certain that as an average joe without millions of dollars, nothing I do or say will make any difference in these effects. It's just calling it how I honestly see it :shrug:

The "all lives matter" thing seems like a way for people to minimize these things. I think we should be honest about it. Maybe somewhere in America, the way blacks have been treated throughout our history, from slavery to segregation to Jim Crow to voter suppression laws - maybe somewhere in America none of that really has any effect on the life of the average black person anymore. But everywhere I've been they're all still relevant, I understand why BLM exists, and I understand why they take such offense to trying to turn it into "all lives matter".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: AzurianBlue]
    #25010761 -

I meant all lives matter in the seance of we all matter. I understand where you live this might be the case as to where people of color would be mistreated this way. The fact that you compare a simple pocket knife falling out of your glovebox proves nothing. Around where I live now (PNW) there is more understanding and acceptance. I do however realize that In different parts of the world things aren’t the same.

It just amazes me how little we really understand about one another. Seperation is a big part of the suffering in this world. You see it in high school, people making cliques, staying apart from the rest. You see it in the animal kingdom, outcasts cast aside because of their weakness or differences. You see it in politics, whos right and who’s wrong? Competition has always been a big factor in society. Who’s going to be the best?

The best we can do is try to open up to the possibility of no separation/ego. This definetly won’t happen overnight, and probably not even our lifetime, or the next. The ego mind is strong, but light always shines through. Sometimes it just takes a while to see it.


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: MadHatter333]
    #25010765 -

Shivers doesn't matter. He's an asshole.


--------------------
I was pessimistic in my youth. Now I can just follow the Toronto Raptors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: Ole Field Trashe] * 1
    #25010766 -

the word slave comes from the word slav. I'm half Russian therefore I am a victim.

I'm half Scottish. the English colonized my home land and wiped out my language. therefore im even more of a victim.

I'm like an Indian and a black guy in one.

Ahab McBathsalts said:
Slavery built the wealth of the United States and cotton exports at one time was 50% of the US economy. Abolishism in England resulted in a one time payment that exceeded the bank bailout in 2008 to slave owners for the 'confiscation' of their property. These payments went on to fund the industrial revolution in England and were the source of wealth that founded many predominant modern insurance firms, banks and railways that still are in business today.

  England's manufacturing boom of fabrics and cotton exports were built on the backs of slave cotton imported from the USA and when the civil war broke out it resulted in famine, riots and deaths in the UK.

Slavery is a big deal because many people got very rich and their ancestors are still rich to this day from that labour. It shaped a lot of modern industries.



not really. the free north was wealthier than the south and they won the civil war. why didnt the south win if slavery built America?

the south was focused on agriculture whereas the free north wasn't. the south depended on the north for manufacturing and trade. and even though the south was focused on agriculture the north still out preformed the south when it came to agriculture. so really the north contributed much more to the country's wealth.

the southern economy was left in ruins after the civil war anyway so today's economy is definately not built on slaves.

and also not everyone picking cotton in the south was a slave.

Edited by BANANA.MAN (02/24/18 02:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: Ole Field Trashe] * 1
    #25010805 -

Ahab McBathsalts said:
Slavery built the wealth of the United States and cotton exports at one time was 50% of the US economy. Abolishism in England resulted in a one time payment that exceeded the bank bailout in 2008 to slave owners for the 'confiscation' of their property. These payments went on to fund the industrial revolution in England and were the source of wealth that founded many predominant modern insurance firms, banks and railways that still are in business today.

  England's manufacturing boom of fabrics and cotton exports were built on the backs of slave cotton imported from the USA and when the civil war broke out it resulted in famine, riots and deaths in the UK.

Slavery is a big deal because many people got very rich and their ancestors are still rich to this day from that labour. It shaped a lot of modern industries.



Wealth is created from cheap labor, buying and owning slaves wasn't a cheap form of labor. You had to feed them, provide housing and health care, compared to using labor from a third world country today, it was expensive.

In fact, once the price of cotton dropped it was actually economically impractical to use slave labor. Owning slaves at that point boiled down to ego and not creating wealth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: MadHatter333] * 2
    #25010824 -

Still slave auctions in Libya. Thanks Obama, you stupid ass oreo.


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: AzurianBlue] * 1
    #25010826 -

AzurianBlue said:
I don't really understand the point of the OP :shrug:

I don't understand how American enslavement of blacks - being hunted down and forcefully removed from their homes, imprisoned, moved to another continent, and sold as property, actual property with a deed for entire generations with no way out - is comparable to our culture's obsession with making money. I've never experienced anything remotely like this in my pursuit of material wealth. Have you?

While I do see how slaves of the Egyptian empire were likely treated in the same way as black slaves in America, I think to compare the two events like you did is disingenuous, as it completely ignores the fact that one happened thousands of years ago in a fallen ancient empire, while the other ended less than two hundred years ago, and its effects are still felt by blacks living in America to this day.

I also don't understand the need to appropriate someone else's argument. Going from "black lives matter" to "all lives matter" seems to me to make the assertion that the challenges and prejudices faced by blacks in America are equivalent to those faced by people of any other race in America,  including whites.

Maybe you live in a magical garden where blacks really are treated the same as whites, but both where I grew up and where I live now, it's just not what I've seen :shrug:

The most visible instances for me of how blacks are treated differently come from watching how LE interacts with them versus me and other white people. When black people get pulled over, no matter the reason, they're immediately pulled out of the car, put in cuffs, and at least two or three other cops show up as backup to start searching the car. Maybe some of the people they run into have this justified, but it happens every time I see a black person pulled over.

White people get to stay seated in their car, no handcuffs. I rarely see cops calling for another car to back them up if they've got a white person pulled over. I routinely see blacks pulled over for minor traffic infractions that I've gotten away with doing countless times right in front of a cop's face.

In my own personal experience, I got pulled over once and had a pocket knife fall out of my glovebox while I was getting my insurance card out. The cop absolutely saw it and he didn't even flinch. I gave him my insurance card like nothing had happened and soon I got sent on my way. I'm absolutely certain if I was black, I'd have had cold steel pressed to my temple before getting thrown in the back of a cop car.

Being a white guy with a gun or knife and interacting with a cop where I live means being treated with respect as someone exercising my constitutional right to be armed. You tell them where the weapon is, they tell you to keep your hands on the wheel, and they go about their business so long as you stay still. Being a black person in the same scenario means at a minimum a cop's gun in my face, getting handcuffed, disarmed, and searched, if I'm lucky.

It doesn't stop with LE. The schools where I grew up in the parts of town where majority black populations lived have to give students bottled water to drink because the drinking fountain pipes are filled with lead. Twenty minutes down the road where the white folks live, you could have your name engraved on a gold plate on a safe, working drinking fountain if you made a donation to the school.

Maybe I've just happened to live in areas where cops and other authority figures treat blacks differently. And maybe such simple things as safe drinking water are provided equally for black and white children elsewhere. Where I've lived, your standard of living, how you're treated by others, especially authority figures, and your overall opportunities in life are better if you're white than if you're black.

I gain nothing by saying this. I don't have an agenda, and I'm reasonably certain that as an average joe without millions of dollars, nothing I do or say will make any difference in these effects. It's just calling it how I honestly see it :shrug:

The "all lives matter" thing seems like a way for people to minimize these things. I think we should be honest about it. Maybe somewhere in America, the way blacks have been treated throughout our history, from slavery to segregation to Jim Crow to voter suppression laws - maybe somewhere in America none of that really has any effect on the life of the average black person anymore. But everywhere I've been they're all still relevant, I understand why BLM exists, and I understand why they take such offense to trying to turn it into "all lives matter".



Cops have different interactions with many blacks because of their past experiences, you do realize not all cops are white?  They're also black, Hispanic and Asian.

There's a logical reason why law enforcement treats them differently, the interactions are more dangerous in nature, it's called statistical commonsense.

Cops also treat younger people differently than older people, males differently than females, rich people differently than poor people, where is your outrage over ageism, sexism and classism?  Or does that just make more sense at the end of the day?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: qman] * 2
    #25010845 -

this sounds like slavery apologetic 101 :lol:


--------------------
Trip 7
THUG - ISLAM - BIBLE
streets disciple
CHRIST IS KING.

Sunshine said: "Gangsters are super heroes"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: qman] * 4
    #25010864 -

When a man walks around with his head down, and feeling sorry for himself, and being bitter all the time, and saying, woe is me, you might go a little easy on the guy at first, but eventually, you are going to get really pissed off at the guy and tell him to knock it off. Thats how a lot of white people are feeling about black people and the slavery stuff right now, and ZERO BLACK PEOPLE ALIVE have ever been slaves, so they are complaining about something that actually never happened to them personally but happened to someone else 200 years ago. Also, the arabs made black people slaves also, not just white americans doing it to black people. Arabs were the very first people to ever have slaves. And they made white people and black people and also other arabs slaves too. And black people in africa also had slaves, thats where america got the idea from in the first place, white americans got the idea of slavery FROM black people in africa.

Black people just love to forget about the fact that black people in africa had slaves long before there was ever a slave in the usa.

WHY CANT PEOPLE LET GO OF THE PAST? A black person in todays world will never get ahead in life if he walks around complaining all the time.

Thats the reason why Donald Trump was elected president of the USA instead of Hilliary, White people got sick and tired of being called racist. Hilliary was playing the race card and playing the woman card. She bet big on diversity, and forgot about the white male voters.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #25010870 -

Hella real talk, shiv.


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: qman] * 2
    #25010914 -

First off, I'm not outraged or trying to play white knight. This is just what I see in my own community. I have effectively no power over the cops who do this. I accept it as being how things are and out of my control. It's just how I see it in my own community :shrug:

The OP was about slavery. For Americans, that situation only applies to blacks. I could have talked about how my Hispanic or Arab friends are treated differently than my white friends, but the only people in my community whose ancestors were held as property are blacks. So I don't see the point of bringing up how gays or Jews or Hispanics are treated in a post about slavery and a movement defined by attempting to point out prejudices against and challenges for black people.

Yeah, cops are humans. And I get that experience colors how you interact with people. But to say that the interaction of cops with blacks where I live is different than whites is disingenuous at best. More cops have been killed where I live by white people than black people in the last five years. More white people have barricaded themselves in their homes and shot at cops where I live than black people. If you pull over a white person where I live, it is practically guaranteed they've got a concealed carry handgun, so it's not like the blacks are more likely to have dangerous weapons when a cop interacts with them. And I've seen black grandmas in their Sunday best getting immediately pulled out of a car while a white kid gets to stay comfortably seated. It's not like this is just teens I'm talking about.

It's hard for me to communicate in text how calm I am in saying this. The emotion in detailing what I've seen is no different for me than telling you about the weather I saw today. OP asked for other points of view. These are my points of view based on what I've seen where I grew up, and what I've seen where I live now :shrug:

In the places I've lived, I've seen things to make me understand why black people feel like they don't actually have the same shake at the stick as white people. I've seen how they're treated differently from dealing with LE to getting approved for a mortgage to whether or not the gov't is willing to spend the money to put drinking fountains without lead in the pipes into the majority black schools.

So I understand the grievances black people are making. I don't understand how the way gays or Mexicans or Jews are treated take away from the legitimacy of the grievances made by black people. I don't see why it's such a problem to admit people are treated differently based on nothing but their skin in this country. And I still don't see how trying to take a movement they made to air those grievances and appropriating it to "all lives" does anything other than try to diminish their claims :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter. [Re: AzurianBlue]
    #25011031 -

Diminishing their claims is not what I was trying to get across. I was attempting to get some diverse answers/opinions on a thought that I’ve had for a while now. I do feel for people who’ve been mistreated in the past and who still might be going through the same difficulties. It’s just sad to see how much trying to get a point across takes a tole on not just the one or many trying to get it there, but the people on the receiving end. It’s taxing to say the least.


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pure Capitalism
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Lallafa 11,357 76 12/25/01 11:30 PM
by Phred
* Why was slavery abolished?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Grav 2,858 88 07/16/03 03:12 PM
by Xlea321
* Corporate Slavery
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ekomstop 3,884 61 09/22/04 11:03 PM
by BleaK
* Slavery Reparations
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 3,020 23 02/24/03 09:06 AM
by Sinistar
* You do not live in a democracy
( 1 2 all )
Crobih 1,411 23 11/22/02 09:14 AM
by Senor_Doobie
* Slavery and Government Intervention versus Voters and the People Ravus 804 7 01/26/05 06:55 PM
by Phred
* Slavery
( 1 2 all )
mntlfngrs 1,553 32 07/28/04 07:09 PM
by mntlfngrs
* Bush denounces slavery 1stimer 390 3 07/12/03 10:36 PM
by Ellis Dee

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
3,145 topic views. 5 members, 4 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 18 queries.