Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: You do not live in a democracy [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #1076129 - 11/22/02 07:51 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

err, how exactly? by making one vote every 4 years? oooh the power!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: You do not live in a democracy [Re: GazzBut]
    #1076140 - 11/22/02 07:57 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Mandatory voting?? thats the worst idea Ive heard for a long time. I dont vote, specifically to boost the percentage of non-voters. How a government can be formed through the minority of a the populace voting is beyond me.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineBowlKiller
----
Re: You do not live in a democracy [Re: GazzBut]
    #1076207 - 11/22/02 08:16 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Apathy is a major problem we can all agree on that. Most everything is backwards. It is truly alarming what most people do care about. On the one hand it is easy to say that corporations control the media, which is true. But you dont have to watch or listen to the media. People just dont care. At least I speak of americans. American people do not care about what is going on. Most americans are content to waste away in front of a television and get wrapped up in entertainment. One example I can think of is look at how gripped people were by a man killing a woman. Yes I dont want to but I will mention the OJ thing. I use this only as an example of how many people get wrapped up in the most stupid shit. And I am not saying this only because of the media's attention, more importantly what I am talking about is people going around with candles, communities getting together over it, much much dialouge about the subject. All the while more important issues are unheard of.

Even around my own family I notice that the level of care is going down hard and fast. Sometimes I look at the things being watched on TV and its so strange. I ask how can you care about what you are watching? Why is that important to you, and the response is like a distracted shrug, as if well I dont know but I also dont care to know.

Many people feel there is nothing you can do, cause voting is worthless. I dont think it is really, you could always get out and talk to people or what not, but with out money you may not have the time. Anyway dont worry its only going to get worse. Its not anyones fault its just the process of the world. The globe is in a free fall. This free fall started a long long time ago. The same force that destroyed the dinos and that same force that covered the earth in water, will again purge the earth and establish an unshakeable kingdom.

--------------------
----

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: You do not live in a democracy [Re: BowlKiller]
    #1076388 - 11/22/02 09:14 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It is kind of like the chicken and the egg.

Two facts:

The American people do not care about what their polititians do, really.

The American people are not readily informed of what their polititians do, really.

One of those facts probably causes the other, but which one causes the other is a mystery.

Gez, there is an election every year.

It is time for a serious third party.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]