Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Slavery Reparations [Re: Skikid16]
    #1329300 -

  In my previous post I did say that there were reasonable arguments against paying reparations, not the least of which would be the sheer logistics of the whole thing, but then again the restitution paid to Japanese Americans in ww2 internment camps kind of lets the cat out of the bag. Most black people I know believe that reparations should be made but they believe it will never happen. I agree, the government won't open a can of worms that large. I'm Irish and my family wasn't welcomed with open arms either (see "Irish need not apply"), but slavery changes the dynamic of the situation. The Irish and the Italians WERE discriminated against for certain, but both kept more of their cultures intact whereas the blacks lost theirs to a greater extent. That is the heart of the matter I think and the government could rectify this, but it won't happen any time soon. Too many people would bitch about wasting their tax dollars, like you, and I really can see your point, but the government gives dollars away by the billions for overseas influence anyway. I'd rather see it go to the citizens of this country, even Italians :smile: Yes, my tax dollars going towards reparations wouldn't bother me. How would this be done? Ask Jesse Jackson, he's working on it as we speak. Don't lose sleep, it's just a fantasy. 


--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery Reparations [Re: AislingGheal]
    #1329521 -

The whole point is that reperations are just not feasable, not that the government can't afford it, just that the guidlines for payment are incredibly hard to draw.  I don't want to make light of the institution of slavery, from the little that I know of it, I can honestly say I don't think America has commited a worse crime than embrace the institution of slavery, but that was a long time ago........like luv pointed out, who would the reperations be awarded to? 

Its a noble idea, but that is all, an idea.  In practical application its about as useful as duct tape is to protect you from terrorist attacks. :tongue:

Good chattin with you, you mick.  But I gotta go attend to my pasta.......


--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Edited by Skikid16 (02/23/03 06:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery Reparations [Re: Skikid16]
    #1329562 -

  Point taken, I raise my Guinness to you my friend.  :smile: 


--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavery Reparations [Re: AislingGheal]
    #1331291 -

i draw similarities between the send them back to africa crowd to the blacks begging for reparations. both are base vicious racists almost everytime.


--------------------
I Am Sinistar

You Dont Pay A Hooker For Sex, You Pay Them To Leave.

In The City, Where Angels Fear To Hover And Devils Come To Croon, The Sex Of The Night Lets Down Her Black Narcotic Hair To A Yellow Opium Moon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* IRS goes after reparation scammers. luvdemshrooms 454 0 10/23/03 03:46 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* Slavery and victimhood. All lives matter.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
MadHatter333 3,145 73 03/12/18 07:44 AM
by Tipote
* Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST
( 1 2 all )
vatoloco 3,218 31 09/03/02 07:22 AM
by Xlea321
* U.S Senate Slavery Apology
( 1 2 3 4 all )
blah 2,128 65 06/27/09 11:04 PM
by Therian
* Reparations
( 1 2 3 all )
zappaisgod 3,482 51 08/11/10 07:25 AM
by zappaisgod
* white slavery,black slaveowners and the hidden history of slavery quiver 902 11 09/18/06 11:52 PM
by quiver
* Petition for redress of grievances wrt federal banking system Tri High 898 4 09/07/08 12:57 PM
by Seuss
* Immokalee Slavery In Florida
( 1 2 3 all )
lines 2,279 59 02/01/10 07:25 AM
by luvdemshrooms

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
3,020 topic views. 2 members, 3 guests and 46 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.018 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.