Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use
    #24924251 -

Every time I see a psych all they want to talk about is me quitting drugs even though I have a ton of other problems I really need to address like my best friend dying and my severe social anxiety/depression. It's fucking bullshit I know drug are bad and I shouldn't do them, but take a wild guess why I use drugs.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Psyche delics] * 1
    #24924306 -

Because even though they go to school they are still ignorant brainwashed fools like 95% of the rest of people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Psyche delics] * 5
    #24924793 -

People come up with a myriad of excuses for altering their brain chemistry.

Let's be honest. You do drugs because drugs make you feel good, right?

Not because someone died or you're sad or anxious. That's all a normal part of life

If you can't be honest with your motivations to get loaded, you'll stay miserable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #24925084 -

I use kratom for anxiety and sometimes other drugs for recreational purposes. I wanna eventually quit the kratom but it's the least of my worries right now.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Psyche delics] * 2
    #24925182 -

Psyche delics said:
Every time I see a psych all they want to talk about is me quitting drugs even though I have a ton of other problems I really need to address like my best friend dying and my severe social anxiety/depression. It's fucking bullshit I know drug are bad and I shouldn't do them, but take a wild guess why I use drugs.




Mostly imo they need you to quit the drugs you're taking  to make room for all the ones they want to put you on.  It's a money/power thingy. :pope:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (01/19/18 09:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Icelander] * 2
    #24925188 -

they need him to quit drugs because drugs may hinder the entire process of therapy. drugs are like therapy for dumb and lazy people. who needs to deal with their problems or talk about their insecurities when you can just cut a line or light up a joint and feel alright? either run to drugs to handle your life, or run to a therapist. don't run to both.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Near Dylan]
    #24925197 -

Uncomfortable truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: GoldenEye]
    #24925204 -

we all gotta face it one day.

drugs are for fun. not for therapy. if you are medicating depression, anxiety, or insecurity with drugs, youre doing it wrong. drugs are to make life fun. not to make all your negative emotions go away. I guarantee if you stop self-medicating with kratom and other shit, you'll see massive improvements, and I think your therapist knows that. shes not gonna be able to do much to help you if youre just gonna run right back home and down some kratom to instantly feel like everything is ok


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: GoldenEye]
    #24925210 -

all my psychologist wanted to nag me about was my fucking unkempt beard. I finally trimmed it just to shut her up

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: weirdguy32]
    #24925291 -

She was probably attracted to it in a way that made her uncomfortable. I couldn't have taken her seriously if she really kept bringing up the beard.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: GoldenEye]
    #24925300 -

Another viewpoint is that the main goal of a psychiatrist is to help you function (and fit) in society. Drugs don't fit into our society (unfortunately) so, step one is to eliminate the drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Near Dylan] * 1
    #24925352 -

Fuck psychologists.


I have a friend, 30ish, who is just kind of an outsider who does odd jobs and looks for settlements and the like. It's totally that he hasn't grown up all the way, but dude goes to a shrink one day and now he feels like some crazy childhood trauma was recovered, but he can't name what it is. There is a weird terrible foreboding effect that he takes on when he talks about it that at the very least makes it seem like whatever happened is being exaggerated. Its some michelle remembers shit. Either way, fucking doctor prescribed him KLONOPIN for his nerves. Guy just sits at home listening to mumble rap. I don't think doctors give two shits if your on drugs as long as it's theirs.


--------------------
ShadeOfDeepPurple said: I guess you don't get shamanism yet by the very fact that you describe a psychedelic as Mexican.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Near Dylan]
    #24925381 -

Near Dylan said:
we all gotta face it one day.

drugs are for fun. not for therapy. if you are medicating depression, anxiety, or insecurity with drugs, youre doing it wrong. drugs are to make life fun. not to make all your negative emotions go away. I guarantee if you stop self-medicating with kratom and other shit, you'll see massive improvements, and I think your therapist knows that. shes not gonna be able to do much to help you if youre just gonna run right back home and down some kratom to instantly feel like everything is ok



Say that drugs are for fun and not for therapy to a doctor and see what they say:lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Psyche delics]
    #24925383 -

Say you use drugs to cure your anxiety and see what they say


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Near Dylan] * 1
    #24925400 -

"Try benzos!"


--------------------
ShadeOfDeepPurple said: I guess you don't get shamanism yet by the very fact that you describe a psychedelic as Mexican.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Bozko]
    #24925415 -

Psychologists rarely will prescribe recreational drugs to recreational drug users.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Near Dylan]
    #24925425 -

Why would I say that?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Near Dylan]
    #24925439 -

Dude, my friend that is strung out on Klonopin is pretty much the definition of a recreational drug user. I have a friend who negotiates getting benzos from his dentist while wearing a tye-dye tee shirt.


--------------------
ShadeOfDeepPurple said: I guess you don't get shamanism yet by the very fact that you describe a psychedelic as Mexican.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Bozko]
    #24925445 -

Doctors use drugs to "cure" anxiety all the time.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use [Re: Psyche delics]
    #24925475 -

Bozko said:
Dude, my friend that is strung out on Klonopin is pretty much the definition of a recreational drug user. I have a friend who negotiates getting benzos from his dentist while wearing a tye-dye tee shirt.



they are rarities

Psyche delics said:
Doctors use drugs to "cure" anxiety all the time.



theyre doctors. sometimes they pin people as the type who can avoid recreational use of anxiety medication. ive seen klonopin work wonders for military ptsd. Sometimes it works. Sometimes the doctor is wrong, or irresponsible, or both. But the reasoning they want you to stop taking drugs is not because theyre trying to sell you more. It's because drugs tend to cause much more problems then they solve, and drug use often goes hand in hand with depression and anxiety. If you say a depressed and anxious drug user needs help, the first step generally will be to advise them to quit drugs. Just makes sense

Maybe your drug use has no role at all in your problems. Maybe quitting will just make it worse. But it isn't safe to assume that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Best drug for social anxiety (help please)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Mickel 17,988 63 05/21/03 09:00 PM
by SBTlauien
* Pot for anxiety? Lyte it Up 420 4,247 16 05/06/03 03:20 PM
by Raadt
* fighting my social anxiety....
( 1 2 all )
shr00m 7,744 28 06/23/03 05:06 PM
by Anonymous
* friend is getting quickly addicted to klonopins HB 6,694 4 04/17/04 02:57 PM
by Ravus
* I think we should start talking about methods World Spirit 1,495 12 09/23/03 05:49 PM
by World Spirit
* results of battling out my social anxiety..... shr00m 3,005 10 08/18/13 01:36 PM
by nhmi
* An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster)
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 5,339 25 04/09/04 03:37 AM
by daba
* Weening off of klonopin Adden 1,588 10 05/02/06 08:51 PM
by ebass

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,997 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.