Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

friend is getting quickly addicted to klonopins
    #2567850 - 04/16/04 03:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

my friend matt has been my friend since 7th grade, which is a LONG time ... in 8th grade he started drinking, and by the end of 8th grade he did acid for the first time ... he introduced me to a bunch of drugs starting in 9th grade, and from then on i did drugs with him often ... he was enjoyable to be around and just slightly too crazy ...

he became an alcoholic right off the bat and a drug addict shortly thereafter ... he went to many detox programs and each one only lasted a short while ... he now dislikes AA and anything that has to do with it ...

for a long time he only smoked pot, and not too much either, so i started kicking it with him a lot ... he was a lot more fun to be around ... then he went right back into his drug and alcohol problems ... he's now smoking 1/8ths in a day, while drinking handles of liquors in just a few days, and also taking whatever else he can find ...

he just found a hook for klonopins for a dollar each, and for the past three days has been continually FUCKED up on them every time he called me ... he remembers nothing which is normal for klonopins ... but three days in a row of not remembering and continuation is a serious issue ... he's also harming himself more because i know he's snorting them, he called me at 3 am the other night to ask me if hed survive snorting it ...

im truly scared for him ... he keeps wanting to hang out and get fuked up but i told him i stopped doing shit altogether just so he wouldn't have any influence from me to do drugs ever ... beyond that im making it a point not to see him so i dont ruin myself, because he is only bringing me down these days ... and the way hes acting seems more like a character in a movie ... a caharacter who's going to die quickly and in his own self-martyrdom ...

i don't know what to do ... i'm really close with his mom but he's not a little kid anymore and i'm not going to treat him that way ...

but i honestly think hes going to die ... soon ... and if not, hes ruining his possibilty of going through college ... he just tossed out his chance the last three days he skipped due to being COMPLETELY OUT on klonopin ...

help ...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: friend is getting quickly addicted to klonopins [Re: HB]
    #2568002 - 04/16/04 03:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Tell him how it is. Be like look matt, you have a problem. I dont know if you know it or not, but you have been abusing drugs... youve been doing all these years. You know i love you... your my friend and all. But if you keep this up, i cant see you anymore man. Ive tried with you, youve been to rehab, but you have some serious issues going on now.

Have you considered the possibility of death? So on? .../.. something along the lines of that

I would talk to his mom about going to see a therapist. Surprisingly... to of my friends named matt, are having some problems with drugs. One is now in a rehab center. He wanted to kick it all, so he told his parents.

HE is going to have to make this decision on his own, regardless of how much you try, you cannot change him. He must change himself. What i said at the beginning may be a step towards getting him to help himself. I would not alienate him, that might make him just go over the edge.

Have you discussed this with his family members at all? Anyone you can trust?

Re: friend is getting quickly addicted to klonopins [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2568091 - 04/16/04 04:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

matt doesn't believe he has a problem, he hangs around so many avid drug abusers that he sees it as normalcy ...

he has a therapist already whom he is always completely truthful with, but he only sees it as a joke ... 'yea so i told my therapist today i was just gonna keep drinking even when he said i should stop lol' ... =\

his family knows of his history better than anybody, they went through it with him ... i think im going to have to talk with his mom and just tell her how i feel because he frankly doesnt care if he dies ...

unfortunately, to protect myself i can't let myself around him at all, so its not as much alienation as self-preservation ... but yea i think my only hope is to go talk with his mom and just say im worried about him in general ... unfortunately it couldnt do anything anyway since he lives at a dorm, not at home ...

the fact that only he can change himself is sad but true, because he WONT change, its become that he ONLY lives to get fucked up and, eh, if he dies, whatever ... thats his philosophy ... he said after doing acid those years back he realized all of life was stupid and pointless and the only way to take away the pain is to die

User Gallery

Re: friend is getting quickly addicted to klonopins [Re: HB]
    #2569297 - 04/16/04 10:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

damn man

sounds like he thinks his future is bleak and he feels worthless

he should know he's loved and cared for, and is priceless.

Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: friend is getting quickly addicted to klonopins [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #2571346 - 04/17/04 04:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It seems like people are already doing mostly everything they can for him short of locking him up. This is his decision and he has to face the consequences, he's already been to programs and rehab and is seeing a therapist yet he obviously continues to use as soon as he gets back out.

Until he wakes up and sees the reality of what's happening to him, all the help he gets will just be a distraction. You'll have to judge, along with his other friends, what could help him cut down on his use of dangerous drugs, if you could without getting his family involved. I think getting the family involved should be a last resort, unless his family is cool with his drug use and would actually try to help him instead of just cutting off his money or punishing him or such.

So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being