Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hydroponics Supplies, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: hydroponic mushrooms?
    #24584 - 07/17/00 02:54 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

You are correct. That is funny that it always ends with some on getting their feelings hurt. There is no such think as growing mushrooms hydroponically. The commonly held belief that mushrooms can be grown hydroponically comes from the use of vermiculite in the psilocybe fanaticus technique. vermiculite can and is often used in a 1-to-1 combination with perlit as a inert hydroponic medium for growing plants. check out the psilocybe fanaticus web site at http://www.fanaticus.com and explain to your friends what i have just explained to you and then tell them to stop being little bitches. It pisses me off when people get their feelings hurt for no reason.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#24586 - 07/17/00 04:42 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Yeah... And there are people I know who say they are grown hydroponic and injected with steroids. It makes me mad just hearing it.
The same thing happens to me,

Anonymous

#24587 - 07/17/00 06:13 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

I once had some honey water go bad and I almost lost my strain. All I had left were these 2 jars that had stalled do to over cooking I think (whole grain brown rice). So what I did was cut off the colonized pieces blended them in water and used that to innoculate more jars. It worked! Anyway I just kinda spaced the jar that I had blended the cakes in and left it in my glovebox. A while later I looked at it and there were 3 fat asses growing on top of the water. There was a layer of mycelium on top then water in the middle and a bunch of rice chunks settled in the bottom. I'd call that hydroponic.

Anonymous

#24588 - 07/17/00 07:35 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

chillin that is interesting, i have had similar things happen with liquid broth mycelium, but most people who say that shrooms are grown or can be grown "hydroponically" or that the shrooms they have were grown hydroponically don't know shit about the cultivation of mushrooms and are mostly stupid 16 year olds.

p.s. why would you care about losing the pf strain, its not like it isn't available for a dollar :biggrin:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hydroponics Supplies, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation