Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Hydroponics Supplies, Laminar Flow Hood, Perlite, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeloner
Stranger
hydroponic mushrooms
    #949828 - 10/10/02 04:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

a foaf was planing on growing some b+ p. cubensis and wanted to try something new here is the plan. Please tell me what you think or if you have any experience with this sort of growing

the idea is to grow a high yielding self contained crop of mushies. Due to space constaints and worries about contaminates they would be grown in air tight rubermaid style containers with lids on. with 1 1/2 inches of perlite at the bottom with a few inches of wheat straw as the substrate and cased w/ 50/50+ and LOW HUMIDITY water will be pumped in at the bottom of the rubbermaid bins and then would flow out through a flow valve about 1/2 to 1/4 inch from the top of the perlite every 8hrs or so in hopes that the mushies will forced to suck up the water from the perlite and not the atmosphere . w/ air being pumped in from the top of the bin and then allowed out at the bottom even with the top of the casing layer. The idea is to force out the co2 which is heavier than air.also planning on installing a 40-60 watt incandescent light in the lid of the growth camber.if not enough heat is an issue then insulation will be ready to place around the growth camber and possibly a heating pad at the base. all air will be filtered and water sterile also all outlets from the growth camber will have back flow valves installed (flow can only go out)

If you have any suggestions about perlite as a wicking material, nutrients for the water, heat (as in too much too little), filters for the air, how much water should be pumped in or anything else they would be meet with thanks

del oner

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: hydroponic mushrooms [Re: deloner]
    #949900 - 10/10/02 04:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

mushrooms aren't plants. wont work. I do not think they could feed that way. Not and continue to fruit.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ...
Re: hydroponic mushrooms [Re: Raadt]
    #949914 - 10/10/02 04:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

But,
dont let that stop you from trying.
Nature is a mysterious and wonderful thing.
Give it a shot and see what happens.
Mycology is all about experiementation, so if it doesent work, it doesent work,
at least your tried.
Let us know what happens :grin: 

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Raadt]
    #950676 - 10/10/02 08:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Offlinekhufu
Stranger
Male

Re: hydroponic mushrooms [Re: matts]
    #951171 - 10/10/02 10:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Actually I think he left out a period ("and low humidity. water..."). Although even then I don't think the low humidity would be a good idea. The actual fruit bodies need a humid envoroment to grow (they get part of their moisture from the enviroment itself). Given your setup, however, with an air tight container full of moist perlite, your humidity wont actually be low.

Will your air flow be constant or in intervals? If it's constant make sure it's a very low intake or you will lose all your moisture. I've got a nice setup right now that I'm testing on some pinning PRs where new air is pumped into 4 terrariums through 3/8" tubes using a PC fan for 5 minutes every 3 hours (equilivent to 8 fannings a day which is necessary for PRs). But I'm rambling I'm stoned... anyway, I like your ebb&flow terrarium setup, keep us posted.

OfflineWaldarbeiter
can you eat it?

Loc: woods of lower bavaria
    #951831 - 10/11/02 05:30 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hi!
try it.
BUT
you need nutrients in your water...
the problem is that you need ABSOLUTE sterility, else bacteria etc.
will germinate in the water.

Offlinekhufu
Stranger
Male

Re: hydroponic mushrooms [Re: Waldarbeiter]
    #952859 - 10/11/02 05:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Don't see why you would need nutrients - they already have all they need for multiple flushes within the substrate (hense the point of all the rye/seed/brf/etc.). Only moisture needs to be supplimented in order to fruit. This is done via atmosphere and existing substrate moisure.

Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
Re: hydroponic mushrooms [Re: khufu]
    #953036 - 10/11/02 06:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Offlinedeloner
Stranger
Re: hydroponic mushrooms [Re: khufu]
    #953153 - 10/11/02 08:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i will tell my freind to try it.
i tihnk that the setup was going to have constant air flow but may bye that will change.i was going to tell him to use super thrive for nutreints if he is going to use nutreients.the perlite will be completly covered by the substrate and then the casing, how much humidity will this cause? was also planning on telling him to install a valve at the very bottom incase he needs to drain out any water that may be in the perlite, just in case things are to damp. i will keep you updated
deloner

Offlineellisdee625
enthusiast
    #953575 - 10/11/02 11:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i actually was talking to a friend today about an idea i had to grow "hydroponically". take a thin tall, autoclavable container and drill a hole. suspend a piece of rope in the container steralize honey water in the container and inoculate. after much mycillium has grown, remove the rope and place in a container with perlite and a bottom light source (after an incubation period). if you could get the rope to colonize (maybe straw rope) it should fruit downward. all of us that see our kids growing of the side of containers, away from the substrate. it is obvious that they dont need the substrate to grow, they just need nutrients. maybe go from the honey water dip to a steralized poo juice dip to the incubater tube to the fruiting tube. all movements should be done in front of a flow hood.
is this at all a posability, or was i just high?
think how much rope you could soak in the honey water!
i better go or i will keep rambling.

edit- mi spelin sux

--------------------
Have a smurfy day!!!

Edited by ellisdee625 (10/11/02 11:41 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Hydroponics Supplies, Laminar Flow Hood, Perlite, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation