Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Next trip im going to load up some on some....
    #2434432 -

Classical music and opera, anyone have any recomendations on whom to pick?

For sure im going to pick up a cd caled "Leather lungs" she is pretty good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Next trip im going to load up some on some.... [Re: Evangeliontx]
    #2435125 -

Hell yeah man, Classical music can be the shit with mushrooms.
Here's one of my personal fav's:
Vivaldi - Summer (from the Four Seasons Suite)
>>It's so balanced and perfect, just the essence of music--you'll know what I mean.

Tchaikovsky - Symphony 6, 4th mvt.
>>Sorta sad, but full of so much emotion, the best example of the Romantic Period I can think of.

Debussy - Prelude to a Fawn
>>I'm sure you've heard this one before. Very gorgeous music, also from the romantic period. Brilliant composition, harmony, etc.

Can't go wrong with ANY Beethoven, especially the 9th symphony.

Here's some other threads about Classical Music:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...ev=#Post2131765]1

2

3


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Next trip im going to load up some on some.... [Re: Evangeliontx]
    #2435980 -

Check out Gustav Holst's "the Planets"

I also highly recommend Igor Stavinsky. He'll take you on a journey. Some good ones are "firebird suite" and "A night on bald mountain", although this one can seem a bit nightmarish.

Kronos quartet is pretty suite too. Much emotion and feeling. Listen to "String quartet no.5" to see what I mean.

Of course, like Blastrid said, you cant go wrong with Beethoven. I'd recommend the famous moonlight sonata for a very peaceful, soothing, not to mention BEAUTIFUL PIECE. The "presto agitato" is also incredible.

"Rhapsody in Blue" from George Gershwin is also fun to listen to for its "jazzy" feel.
very upbeat.

And "Adagio for Strings" by Samuel Barber. <----------------------Sad and emotional.


Have a good one man. I've never tripped to classical but I shall some day. Tell us how it goes.


--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Next trip im going to load up some on some.... [Re: Evangeliontx]
    #2435993 -

AH and "The carnival of the animals"!!!!!

Get "aquarium". You will be amazed.


--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Next trip im going to load up some on some.... [Re: manna_man]
    #2437089 -

Four Seasons is great, get the whole thing.


--------------------
Light & Music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Next trip im going to load up some on some.... [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2437619 -

Arvo Part, he has some pretty cool music...i'm not a classic music buff but some of his stuff seems different than most classical.


--------------------
I'm Shpongled!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Next trip im going to load up some on some.... [Re: Evangeliontx]
    #2437689 -

Select a few tracks from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite :wink:

There are some excellent trip-pieces in there man :laugh:


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Next trip im going to load up some on some.... [Re: Strumpling]
    #2441917 -

Strumpling said:
Select a few tracks from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite :wink:

There are some excellent trip-pieces in there man :laugh:



The whole Nutcracker thing is just trippy to begin with.  :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Next trip im going to load up some on some.... [Re: Evangeliontx]
    #2443978 -

If you wanna get really emotional and transcendent I'd go w/ Columba Aspexit (sp?). It's not really by anyone, it's just a traditional Italian piece always sung by women. I don't listen to much classical so I can't really offer much advice, but Mozart is pretty mathematical from what I hear so maybe the whole rhythm/mind connection would come into play. anyway just throwin that out. peace


--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Next trip im going to load up some on some.... [Re: SuperLazy]
    #2444271 -

I pretty much agree with manna_man's choices. Might also want to consider:

Edvard Grieg - Peer Gynt
You could try Mozarts Requiem if you're feeling brave as well.

On the more recent side I'd recommend Philip Glass, Danny Elfman and possibly Michael Nymann as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* CD recomendations
( 1 2 3 all )
Grav 5,228 45 08/24/03 04:10 PM
by funkymonk
* Recommended Books? subtlepoint 1,493 7 10/24/02 11:11 AM
by Left Nut City
* Recomendations for Books on Ritual Magik GRiMBLe_GRuMBLe 1,139 8 12/29/02 06:54 PM
by falcon
* Recommendations yelimS 2,008 8 04/16/03 07:53 AM
by yelimS
* Tripping for first time....is this good music? Demiurgos 1,679 16 10/15/03 07:04 PM
by clam_dude
* TOOL while tripping? soulflyer 3,316 7 07/24/03 05:07 AM
by ShattrdHarlequin
* Can you recommend some Terence Mckenna recordings? MOTH 773 5 03/23/04 01:14 AM
by Asco
* poem written during bad trip.... wrestler_az 2,628 8 09/15/02 07:29 PM
by wrestler_az

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
838 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.