Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Tripping for first time....is this good music?
    #1948038 -

Me and my friend came up with a list of music we thought seems like a good idea for the tripping. Whaddya think. we're both first time trippers so we don't know shit. Make some recommendations if you want.

Pink Floyd
Jimmy Hendrix
Queen
Frank Zappa
The Doors
Tom petty and the heartbreakers
The Beatles
The Who
Weezer
Terry Taylor
The Church
Rhapsody
John lennon solo stuff
Jerry Garcia
Led Zeppelin
Jethro Tull
Apocalyptica
Misc monk chanting tapes we have
William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy's greatest hits ^_^

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: Demiurgos]
    #1948228 -

oh most def listen to shatner singing "hey mr tambourine man" & to nimoy singing "proud mary"


--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: gnrm23]
    #1948255 -

haha excellent

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: Demiurgos]
    #1948380 -

Shpongle


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: Demiurgos]
    #1949919 -

Why go mainstream for a trip?

DJ Shadow - Fixed Income, What Does Your Soul Look Like Part 4, Midnight in a Perfect World

Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles (Buckminster)

Tosca - Doris Dub

Yes - Heart of the Sunrise, South Side of the Sky

Conjure One - Center of the Sun

Sasha - Boiler Room

Soundgarden - Applebite

Alabama 3 - Woke Up This Morning, Converted, Too Sick to Pray


--------------------
Sarcasm just one of my many talents.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
*DELETED* [Re: LucidDream]
    #1949961 -

Post deleted. Reason for deletion: Confidential.

Edited by Wa7sum (10/03/07 11:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: Demiurgos]
    #1950689 -

make sure you listen to Pink Floyd - Any Colour You Like. It's great for tripping. :smile: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: Demiurgos]
    #1950766 -

When selecting music for your trip, it's pretty much impossible to go wrong. Just play whatever you enjoy listening to when you aren't tripping, and chances are, when you are tripping you'll enjoy it even more, just as you are enjoying life even more. That being said, I'd reccommend, let's see, DJ Shadow was a good suggestion, some nice jazz perhaps, then there's the obvious choice of grateful dead... I could go on for days. Hope you have a great time and a memorable first trip.


--------------------
Well everybody's dancin in a ring around the sun
Nobody's finished, we ain't even begun
So take off your shoes child, and take off your hat
Try on your wings and find out where it's at.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1951027 -

Strumpling said:
Shpongle 



Ahem. I will now take the time to second this recommendation. :grin:

Shpongle Spores, just right after your peak.... it is an exerience!
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1951029 -

Strumpling said:
Shpongle 



Ahem. I will now take the time to second this recommendation. :grin:

Shpongle Spores, just right after your peak.... it is an exerience!
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1952147 -

Nice suggestions lucid dream! I definitely second the YES. I never really though they would be that good for a trip, but then I was tripping over at a friends house and "the fragile" was the only decent cd he had. I'm so glad that I put it on! It was one of the best musical tripping experiences I've ever had.

Demiurgos, I can't believe you mentioned Terry S. Taylor. I have his imaginarium cd. Can't imagine listening to it while tripping though. It'd probably just weird me out. I like your tastes in music though. Nice name too you bastard!


--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: Demiurge]
    #1952802 -

try checking out music that you dont like sober when yyou are tripping... My tastes very greatly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: Demiurgos]
    #1952828 -

i always enjoy-
juno reactor - bible of dreams
oingo boingo - boingo (specific songs - change and their version of the walrus) and farewell (specific songs - helpless... and really every other song they play live =P)
and of course tool, autechre, SHPONGLE for sure...
everything will have great new tonal textures for your musical pallette...


--------------------
:poison::poison:                                  :poison::poison::poison:                                  :poison::poison:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: starseed]
    #1953124 -

If you really want to gave a darker deeper experiece Try some Rabbit in the Moon stuff...Hes the artist...Try these tracks. O.B.E (out of body experiece) and "Mixed without care". Anything off the Florida album. They are kind of a tribal electronic group. But turn to something like Moby or the DOors if you start getting too tripped out. Spacemen...Trip Theory, Hybrid tracks are some also good suggestions. Tell me what you think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: orizon]
    #2010523 -

I don't know, I have absolutely LOVED music sober and while tripping I hated it...I wouldn't worry so much about music, it really doesn't do it for you, go outside, talk to the trees or soemthing, it'll be alright :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: Demiurgos]
    #2010536 -

Did you end up tripping man? What'd you listen to? How was it?


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping for first time....is this good music? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2012073 -

Good list. I would definately add phish though.

I find that I like a lot of dark music when sober, like Tool, or some fucked up Bill Frisell stuff or something. But when i'm tripping, that music sometimes pushes the wrong buttons. Happy music is where it's at for a trip. Phish is great at doing happy, yet trippy music.


--------------------
"I would like to thank god for making me an atheist" - Ricky Gervais

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Positive and Empowering Trip Music MiddlemanM 1,472 7 07/03/03 10:44 AM
by Rob_K
* music for getting creative... Smack31 1,521 12 11/27/02 04:17 AM
by Strumpling
* music...modest mouse....yep... Dramamine 948 5 03/14/03 03:09 PM
by djchilxxn
* Recommendations yelimS 2,008 8 04/16/03 05:53 AM
by yelimS
* shpongle yelimS 1,771 3 10/18/03 02:01 PM
by Strumpling
* ARE YOU SHPONGLED? atmos 1,629 5 06/07/01 12:09 PM
by CherryBom
* Reccommend me some tunes maldororDX 1,055 16 08/05/05 11:46 PM
by Grav
* Finally ordered Shpongle :)
( 1 2 all )
ekomstop 3,876 22 09/11/03 01:22 PM
by Strumpling

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,679 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.