Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Finally ordered Shpongle :)
    #1877375 - 09/03/03 02:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Just thought I'd share..after listening to mp3 quality burnt copies for a while, I finally decided to order the originals.  I might have to wait a couple weeks for them to show up though :frown:  It's too bad those so called 'normal' music stores haven't even heard of them!! =/

Either way..I hope they dont take too long!  :crazy:  :grin:     

This was actually meant for the pub..but I guess it should be alright in here too.. :smile:

Edited by ekomstop (09/03/03 03:43 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Finally ordered Shpongle :) [Re: ekomstop]
    #1878241 - 09/03/03 06:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

awesome dude! I just did the same thing last month after an extensive thread about Shpongle where Strumpling and company convinced me that the quality will be much better than mp3's. I got Are You Shpongled? off Amazon.ca (like you said, no local stores carried it) and it was worth it, it's one of my favourite all time cd's. Smoke some weed and listen to it, I tripped out a couple of my friends last weekend whom never heard it before, they were having some pretty intense closed eye visuals and everything. The only other music that could make me have minor CEV's while smoking weed is Tool  :thumbup: 

Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
Re: Finally ordered Shpongle :) [Re: chodamunky]
    #1879520 - 09/04/03 12:28 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

isn't shpongle coming out with a new album soon??

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: Finally ordered Shpongle :) [Re: manna_man]
    #1882648 - 09/04/03 09:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

sometime in 2004 and it's supposed to be the best and possibly final Shpongle album. I doubted they could top Are You Shpongled? (which in many ways they did) and I have NO clue how they could possibly make a more complete album than Tales of the Inexpressible...can't wait  :laugh:

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1884645 - 09/05/03 11:39 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I read there was supposed to be a new album out, but I couldn't find out when exactly.  I'd really like to hear what they've come up with for it! :smile: :smile: 

I got an email from amazon.ca saying my order has shipped!  So much for having to wait 2 weeks :laugh:       

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#1885407 - 09/05/03 03:26 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ekomstop said:
So much for having to wait 2 weeks

Well..so much for having to wait 2 hours! 

I just went out to my mailbox like I do every other day, not expecting to find anything special..Anyway, I guess I don't really have to explain in detail what I saw once I opened it..  :smile: :laugh: :grin: :thumbup:         

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1885611 - 09/05/03 04:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

so it came?!

What do you think man?! :smile: :smile: Welcome to Shpongle-Land.

Has anybody noticed Shpongle emulates the DMT "tone/buzz" type sounds VERY WELL?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Finally ordered Shpongle :) [Re: Strumpling]
    #1886005 - 09/05/03 06:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, It came alright :smile: :smile:

I just got back from a walk with are you shpongled? in my cd player ... I'm Speachless! It sounds like the songs are playing from like 3 different places at times, yet they blend together so PERFECTLY... So many sounds, So many rhythms, So much going on at once! 

WOW is all I can really say right now.  I'm very glad I decided to order these cd's.  They were pretty expencive, but I'm not about to complain.  I can really tell I'm going to end up liking them more and more each time I put them in the cd player.  *sigh*  :laugh:

I really wish I knew first hand how similar Shpongles DMT 'tone/buzz' simulation is to the real thing...I really wish I had access to a smokable form of it..hrm..so much wishful thinking.. :frown:

Anyway, all in all, Shpongle kicks ass like no other, and I think everyone that hasn't heard them should definetly check them out asap!  :thumbup:   

Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
    #1886219 - 09/05/03 07:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yea, I think I'm gonna order both cd's very soon. That's pretty nice how it takes about a day to deliver.

Anyone have a fav shpongle song?

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Finally ordered Shpongle :) [Re: manna_man]
    #1887540 - 09/06/03 03:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

"Anyone have a fav shpongle song?"

yeah tracks 1-7 are really cool on the first album, and 1-9 are definitely my favorites from the second one.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1887555 - 09/06/03 03:53 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

"ekomstop,"

Welcome to the Shpongle Army

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Finally ordered Shpongle :) [Re: Strumpling]
    #1888019 - 09/06/03 10:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks Strumpling :laugh:

I'd have to completely agree with strumpling about his choice of favorite songs, once you get to know them a little, they're all pretty jaw dropping.. :smile: 

If you're asking for download recommendations, it is rather difficult to single any of them out.. but a few of the tracks that got my attention when I first checked them out were..Behind closed eyelids, Shpongleyes, Shpongle spores, Around the world in a tea daze, Dorset perception, Shpongle falls..Divine moments of truth...Man, your right..if I keep going I'm just going to end up suggesting every song... 

Another thing..This may sound like a pretty dumb question..Am I crazy, or is that Cartman from southpark's voice in the first minute or so of 'and the day turned to night'?  :crazy:

OfflineM1chae1M
Curious
    #1890294 - 09/07/03 04:38 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I love shpongle!

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
Re: Finally ordered Shpongle :) [Re: M1chae1M]
    #1890672 - 09/07/03 12:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Just got Shpongled last night with some psilohuasca (Rue + P. cubensis)! It was soooo amazing. Listened to both CDs consecutively. I've had the CDs for a few months but hadn't had an opportunity for a quite, solo voyage since then (been on the road and whatnot). Shpongle is INCREDIBLE!

--------------------
huh????

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Re: Finally ordered Shpongle :) [Re: Pala]
    #1890834 - 09/07/03 01:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sometime in 2004 and it's supposed to be the best and possibly final Shpongle album. I doubted they could top Are You Shpongled? (which in many ways they did) and I have NO clue how they could possibly make a more complete album than Tales of the Inexpressible...can't wait

Don't get soooo excited...it's just a remix album like the "In Dub" album. Shpongle has gotten a bunch of psy-trance producers to take his songs and rework them for a "remix" album, I believe it's called Shpongle The Remixes.

Shpongle Remixes: Expected October 17

01. A New Way To Say Hooray (Remixed By Prometheus)
02. Blissful (Deep Dive Corp.'s P.M. FM's Oceandrive Rmx)
03. Dorset Perception (Total Eclipse Remix)
04. Dorset Perception (Remixed By Gaudi)
05. Star Shpongled Banner (Remixed By Brothomstates)
06. Blissful (Remixed By Esionjim)
07. DMT
08. And The Day Turned To Night (Remixed By Eat Static)
09. Around The World In A Tea Daze (Remixed By Ott)
10. Shpongle Skulls (Remixed By Western Rebel Alliance)
11. My Head Feels Like A Frisbee (Remixed By Tristan)

I don't know why track 7 "DMT" doesn't have a remix title by it. Anyway, it's going to be a good CD none the less but there hasn't been talks from Simon Posford and Raja Ram about releasing NEW full length Shpongle album. I believe that Simon has ended both Shpongle and Hallucinogen...except for compilation tracks. Thats the word on the street btw, not fact.

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: Finally ordered Shpongle :) [Re: DannyBoy]
    #1891661 - 09/07/03 08:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Don't get soooo excited...I believe that Simon has ended both Shpongle and Hallucinogen...except for compilation tracks. Thats the word on the street btw, not fact. 

Looks like your beliefs are wrong and the word on the street is indeed not fact. Here is an excerpt from a Raja Ram interview that has been out for some time:

According to twisted records you are now working on a new album known as "Shpongle 3"... How do you like the project so far? When do you think "Shpongle 3" will hit the streets?

"So far we are in joy bliss awe mose...it unravels like a coloured snake...on the streets spring summer of 2004...finished we hope bye this New years Eve....."

Will we hear more Shpongle music after "shpongle 3"?

"I said to Simon..maybe this is the Last album....Shpongle three.....maybe the last and final chapter."

So you see, I do have reason to be sooo excited, a third Shpongle album is in the works! :laugh:

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

#1892053 - 09/07/03 10:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I was just about to ,make a post about the same thing! I found a copy of Tales of the Inexpressible and it blew me away. I listen to music through headphones and sounds were going all around my head and every noise is distinct form the rest. If you enjoy good music you will definately enjoy this. ...it was kind of like the most profound experience I've had in my life like you know?

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1892177 - 09/07/03 11:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I rarely listen to my original Shpongle CD's. I make CD copies of it instead, and wear them out. Ive made over 20 copies of Tales so far (they get destroyed quickly).

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Re: Finally ordered Shpongle :) [Re: pattern]
    #1892375 - 09/08/03 12:13 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

It's too bad those so called 'normal' music stores haven't even heard of them!! =/

I got both "Tales of the Inexpressible" and "Are You Shpongled?" at Borders Books and Music, and I have seen them both on sale at plenty of music stores (although they only have like 1 copy usually) and I live in the U.S.

Shpongle is VERY big, big enough to even be sold in the big music stores here in the states...Infected Mushroom also has their B.P. Empire album out for sale in big music stores...at FYE they have like 6 copies of that album.

You just gotta look around.

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Finally ordered Shpongle :) [Re: pattern]
    #1893197 - 09/08/03 07:20 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pattern said:
I rarely listen to my original Shpongle CD's.  I make CD copies of it instead, and wear them out.

I'm planning on doing this aswell..my portable cd player seems to like scratching up all my good cd's..It's really quite a pissoff.

I've been listening to are you shpongled? a bit more the last few days.  This cd KICKS ASS  :smile:

..Shpongle 3?  Can't wait  :grin:

Edited by ekomstop (09/08/03 04:08 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Shpongle

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media