Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
how many people are still into shpongle?
    #2099099 -

i remember when i first joined the shroomery, everyone was going apeshit for shpongle. i was just curious is a lot of people are still really into him/them (not sure which, honestly) or if he/they sort of faded away...

i still have to sit down and listen to a shpongle album.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: Vats of Blood]
    #2099132 -

I am #1 fan.

Edit:Only becuase there aren't any others (apparently)
Shpongle rocks, check out Hallucinogen... it was shpongle before the name change. Simon Posford is pretty cool, don't you agree?
elftrance has some good songs set to flash
there is also a flash about a repressed memory of anothe rlife (starts out with a fly flying around)

Edited by TheShroomHermit (11/12/03 10:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2099449 -

yeah ive heard more hallucinogen than i have shpongle.

im not really into goa/psy-trance but some of it can definitely be cool.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: Vats of Blood]
    #2099706 -

The shroomery turned me on to shpongle, and for that I am very greatful.


--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: Vats of Blood]
    #2099764 -

I found the Shroomery while it was going apeshit, it's how I found Shpongle. and Shpongle turned me onto Hallucinogen, OTT, Younger Brother, and a plethora of Goa as a result. I still love Shpongle, it needs a rest before listening to again 'cause I overplayed it a bit. Can't wait for the new album, even if it is just a remix album. So was Hallucinogen in Dub, and listen to that shit!


--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: KackleDude]
    #2099893 -

Ahh shpongle. I still have not heard enough.

Countdown til Strumpling arrives..... :smile:

EDIT:  I should also drop the name Boards of Canada. I've found that other shpongle fans appreciate them because of their fondness for depth in music.
Check em out if you haven't heard em.


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Edited by Blastrid (11/13/03 10:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: Vats of Blood]
    #2100992 -

I love shpongle!!

There is no other music that compares.

These days I listen to alot more new music but I always have Shpongle playing sometime during the week.


--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: pattern]
    #2101405 -

ive been meaning to listen to boards of canada more too...ive heard a little, and i liked it...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: Vats of Blood]
    #2101452 -

Goa trance is amazing. I have a dj friend who introduced me to Hallucinogen & Shpongle (Simon Posfold & Raja Jam). I listened to goa on one of my first shroom trips, and I was hooked.

Simon's music tends to take me on journey. If i let it, the harmony creates and controls my visuals which in turn sends me into some of the most hardcore trips of my life. Don't you love it when he throws in some slamming doors and people coughing just to fuk wit cha? :wink: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: Blastrid]
    #2101897 -

"Countdown til Strumpling arrives....."

heh :smile: :smile: :smile:

I AM SHPONGLED

I have terrifying news, Shpongle fans - I lost my Tales of the Inexpressible CD!

Shpongle should come with some Listening Instructions lol because it demands a lot more attention than many people are willing to give to music.. Its almost like watching a good psychedelic movie or something lol


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (11/13/03 01:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2103246 -

I still listen to hours of Hallucinogen, Shpongle and other Simon Posford projects every time I take DXM. I originally learned of Shpongle from a link on the Shroomery to the "Flashback" Flash movie, which has DMT as the background music.


--------------------
Like a fiend in a cloud
With howling woe,
After night I do croud
And with night will go;
I turn my back to the east,
From whence comforts have increas'd;
For light doth seize my brain
With frantic pain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: Nirvhead]
    #2105880 -

Shpongle rules. :grin:

I guess one of the guys did some Celtic Cross songs. I have only been able to find two so far (now that I think of it, my keyboardist has them and he now has DSL). "Hicksville" just flat out kicks ass. Its got the Shpongle touch, most definitely.

I'd recommend checking out Infected Mushroom and Astral Projection as well. Infected Mushroom has a new double disc cd out, some of the songs are just beyond... :grin: They aren't quite like Shpongle, more trance than ambience, but still worth a psychadelic listen.

Oh ja, check out Pleaidians. Same as Ethnica, I think. The first cd is amazing. I believe they are all available for download on www.mp3.com, as well. My favourite is Asterope..
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2106394 -

Shpongle fans, click the below link:

http://www.shpongle.com/hallucinogen/life-discography.htm
^^ Simon Posford's Discography ^^

BTW, somebody had said that Hallucinogen was Shpongle before the name-change - I must disagree - Shpongle is Simon Posford (who is Hallucinogen) ALONG with the flute-player and consultant Raja Ram. Shpongle minus Raja Ram and + harder beats = Hallucinogen.


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many people are still into shpongle? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2106444 -

I really only listen to it when I trip


--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.


:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New Shpongle Has Been Finished
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ivi 19,323 119 06/04/05 02:05 AM
by spread8out
* Simon Posford (aka Hallucinogen, Shpongle) new interview BanJankri 3,868 4 01/13/05 01:44 AM
by butterflydawn
* For those of you who listen to Entheogenic and Shpongle...
( 1 2 all )
linx88 6,425 28 09/17/08 01:53 PM
by linx88
* shpongle yelimS 1,770 3 10/18/03 02:01 PM
by Strumpling
* are you shpongled?
( 1 2 all )
gremily1 2,383 27 05/02/10 12:22 PM
by Agarico
* Finally ordered Shpongle :)
( 1 2 all )
ekomstop 3,874 22 09/11/03 01:22 PM
by Strumpling
* If you love Shpongle...
( 1 2 all )
Plok 4,708 31 01/02/06 11:32 AM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* What does Shpongle mean?
( 1 2 3 all )
PsiTripper 11,227 46 12/10/10 05:43 PM
by weshroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,842 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.