Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: For those of you who listen to Entheogenic and Shpongle... [Re: Gupta]
    #8876335 -

I've listened to Ott, I need to try the other Bluetech and Celtic Cross!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those of you who listen to Entheogenic and Shpongle... [Re: linx88]
    #8878392 -

linx88 said:
I've listened to Ott, I need to try the other Bluetech and Celtic Cross!



bluetech is my shit. :rockon:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those of you who listen to Entheogenic and Shpongle... [Re: howtodisappear]
    #8880648 -

howtodisappear said:
I'd recommend that you check out EVERYTHING Shpongle and some of the other shit Simon Posford (DJ/songwriter of Shpongle) has done. He's also in Younger Brother, Celtic Cross, and Hallucinogen, which are all pretty great in their own ways. I prefer Shpongle over Entheogenic quite a bit, I feel that Shpongle is generally just more complex and has more interesting rythms and sounds and ideas. At first I really liked Entheogenic, but then I got kind of bored of it, while Shpongle I can usually find something new. And hypothetically, it is AMAZING music to consume psychedellics to.

Actually, I will be seeing both Shpongle AND Younger Brother and a bunch of other great music live in
like 4 weeks. It's a festival called Camp Bisco, and it's one of the few places that Shpongle actually plays at.

There is also some pretty cool stuff that's considered "livetronica" or "jamtronica" or some other crazy genre name. It's basically electronic music preformed live  and it means that the band also play and improvise during their songs and sets, as opposed to going to see a dj play with a mixerboard. But yeah, check out: STS9, Lotus, The Disco Biscuits (best stuff is live stuff), and The New Deal.

Check out any 20+ minute Grateful Dead jam (I suggest Dark Star or Playin in the Band) if you want space your face off.

Also, check out the album Maggot Brain by Funkadellic if you wanna get funky.

Also, check out some Medeski Martin and Wood if you want to get yo groove on.

Also, check out "Ott" and DEFINETELY check out the Hallucinogen (In Dub) which is all dubbed out remixes of old simon postford psytrance. It's pretty amazing stuff.

If you hypothetically wanted to hear get ahold of any of this music, I'd say you should PM me.

Also, quick question. Does Entheogenic have any more stuff than the two albums?




That's interesting, for me it's the other way around > I find Shpongle gets quite boring & generic after a while, especially their last 2 albums ! plus their live-act is quite lame :confused:

Whereas with Entheogenic, I find their music just gets to me on a Much Deeper level - very emotional & colorful stuff :mushroom2: it's almost their music really means something & effects one in a very positive way... especially with enthoegens :grin:

Though Celtic Cross is very good & another good one is Phutureprimitive - great stuff :laugh:


--------------------
Be content to seem what you really are

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those of you who listen to Entheogenic and Shpongle... [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8901174 -

Penguarky Tunguin said:
linx88 said:
What other kinds of music do you listen too?

I tend to prefer Entheogenic over Shpongle but I also listen to a lot of Ambient Nights . Any suggestions for Chill music?




http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5629090/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1


:grin:



Great list - seems everyone is there :grin:


--------------------
A Trance is a trance is a trance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those of you who listen to Entheogenic and Shpongle... [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #8902488 -

ShroomDoom said:
linx88 said:
I've listened to Ott, I need to try the other Bluetech and Celtic Cross!



bluetech is my shit. :rockon:



bluetech live is THE shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those of you who listen to Entheogenic and Shpongle... [Re: deranger]
    #8904026 -

SyntheticMInd said:
ShroomDoom said:
linx88 said:
I've listened to Ott, I need to try the other Bluetech and Celtic Cross!



bluetech is my shit. :rockon:



bluetech live is THE shit.



i know. seen bluetech, killowatts, and gift culture live at a fugu party in texas.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those of you who listen to Entheogenic and Shpongle... [Re: linx88]
    #8904356 -

Heres what I listen to:Adham Shaikh, Angel Tears, Aural Planet, Bamboo Forest, Boards Of Canada, Carbon Based LIfeforms, Celtic Cross, Bluetech, Etheogenic, Global Communication, Hol Bauman, Medicine Drum, Phutureprimitive, Pitch Black, Evan Marc, Evan Bartholamew(sp), Sundial, Sundial Aeon, Vibrasphere. I would make a giant torrent if I knew how. It would be a little big though. For groups like Shpongle. OTT, Hallucinogen, Celtic Cross. Maybe some Zion train, Younger Brother. There are TONS of great artists in the States. Phutureprimitive and Bluetech are just two of them, and they are both amazing. Check out http://www.ambient.us/shop/. Great site with tons of amazing music.


--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those of you who listen to Entheogenic and Shpongle... [Re: Gupta]
    #8906985 -

Carbon Based Lifeforms

go listen to them on youtube ASAP!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those of you who listen to Entheogenic and Shpongle... [Re: norml840]
    #8944381 -

norml840 said:
Carbon Based Lifeforms

go listen to them on youtube ASAP!!



I did, and i must say...it was amazing. I loved it. Gettin as much of it as I can right now...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What does Shpongle mean?
( 1 2 3 all )
PsiTripper 11,227 46 12/10/10 05:43 PM
by weshroom
* shpongle, hmmmaaa XUL 1,032 8 08/30/05 09:46 PM
by MushmanTheManic
* Need help choosing SHPONGLE album..
( 1 2 all )
Mr_Psilocin 4,450 24 10/31/05 09:28 PM
by PookztA
* New Shpongle Has Been Finished
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ivi 19,323 119 06/04/05 02:05 AM
by spread8out
* Ambient Alchemy Tour 2005 (Bluetech, Phutureprimitive, Shulman, Shen) BanJankri 1,283 7 05/20/05 04:13 PM
by Wysefool
* Bluetech?
( 1 2 all )
misos 2,378 22 11/10/08 05:36 PM
by misos
* shpongle yelimS 1,770 3 10/18/03 02:01 PM
by Strumpling
* 5 best bands to listen to while trippin
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Smegmashroom 25,629 83 10/25/11 11:44 AM
by plektheplek

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
6,425 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.