Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisible0toxic0
Stranger
cutting.. *DELETED*
    #2402060 - 03/04/04 10:12 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Post deleted by 0toxic0

Reason for deletion: No Reason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: cutting.. [Re: 0toxic0]
    #2402082 - 03/04/04 10:21 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

0toxic0 said:
does anybody know anything about this? is it as harmful as everybody says it is? i started cutting myself a couple years ago because of all the shit that was going on inside of me, but even after i felt a little better i couldnt stop doing it. i do it almost every day, whenever i get the chance to, with almost anything..razors, knives, lighters, cigarettes.. watever. it feels sooo good...but its also really embaressing, my boyfriend saw my wrist and thought i was crazy..i have no problems .. i just like really like it..is there something wrong with this?

Hello, I am also a self-injurer. All I can say is...you don't deserve to hurt yourself. Self injury can become a very troublesome addiction over time and lead to darker, more destructive things. I've been hospitalized several times due to self injury and I would never wish it on anyone.

I'm sorry you feel like you have to hurt yourself. If you would like some support online from people who have been there and understand what you are going through, try this message board. It is a support group for people who feel compelled to hurt themselves. I am also a member there, and I find it very helpful.

Take care of yourself,

*me*

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
    #2402577 - 03/04/04 12:20 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I used to cut and burn myself a while back, and all i can say is you CAN stop. I stopped because i had a friend who was into it as well, and watching her slowly detererate into nothing was sooo sad i could barely stand to be her friend anymore... and when she finaly admited herself to the hospital, everyone treated her like shit for it. To be honest tho, she had more balls then i did checking her self in like that. It gave me mad respect for her and I stopped doing it all together.

Once you stop, its not something you crave anymore really, or at least it wasnt for me. Just try NOT doing it for a while... and see if you still NEED it to not feel whatever is going on inside you. Oh yeah, and always remember that even if you dont feel whats inside you now... you will have to at SOME POINT in your life... might as well get it outa the way

--------------------

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2403076 - 03/04/04 02:23 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Even though you may feel you have no problems, cutting in itself is a problem. Perhaps having some outlet like piercing or tattoos would be a better way if you simply enjoy the physical pain/rush. There are also people who suspend themselves from hooks, I forgot what it is called but there is a whole culture based around that and maybe you can meet other like-minded people in a healthier or more organized environment.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2403581 - 03/04/04 04:40 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

i used to do it like 6 years ago

i stopped doing it cause you start to get all these scars all over and people start askin about it and being all annoying

whenever you feel like cutting, just smoke a bowl
then you will be too stoned to even try

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2404080 - 03/04/04 07:19 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Dont wait till you have nasty scars like me, and get to tell the story all the time. stop now please :smile:

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2404510 - 03/04/04 09:05 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Cutting yourself is a problem. I used to cut / burn myself as well. Mostly when I was upset because it took my mind off of the mental pain and allowed me to concentrate on the physical. You say you don't have any problems, but if that is the case, why do you insist on hurting yourself? I know it's not easy to stop, speaking from experience.. but maybe you should take a step back and seriously take a look at when and why you do it.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

OfflineDVine
xanax goddess

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
    #2413486 - 03/10/04 01:27 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

I'm also a self-injurer.
The reason you're unable to stop is because it is addictive.
When our bodies are injured, a chemical is released to help us feel better.. and some of us get addicted to that chemical.. that feeling.. and we can't stop.
To us, it really isn't that harmful.. we can't die from it..
But, for people around us.. it can be very disturbing, hurtful, and hard to understand.

I joined a self injury support group online.. it's a message board like this one.. but geared towards self injury, and the like.. I've found it very helpful.. and was eventually able to get my cutting under control.

you can find the message board at http://gabrielle.self-injury.net

*hugs*

- Dee

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: cutting.. [Re: bert]
    #2413567 - 03/10/04 02:46 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

bert said:
Even though you may feel you have no problems, cutting in itself is a problem. Perhaps having some outlet like piercing or tattoos would be a better way if you simply enjoy the physical pain/rush. There are also people who suspend themselves from hooks, I forgot what it is called but there is a whole culture based around that and maybe you can meet other like-minded people in a healthier or more organized environment.

sound advice.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Loc: southern ca
Re: cutting.. [Re: bert]
    #2413606 - 03/10/04 03:13 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

bert said:
Perhaps having some outlet like piercing or tattoos would be a better way if you simply enjoy the physical pain/rush.

and

Quote:

whenever you feel like cutting, just smoke a bowl

word to both. tattoos and peircings really satisfied my pain cravings. then i discovered weed which did away with the cravings all together.

--------------------
It may be best to not take anything I say too seriously because I surely don't. Anything I say may be subject to revision at any time by any person, place, thing, or catastrophic event. And please don't call me Shirley.

Edited by temperance (03/10/04 05:00 AM)

Invisible0toxic0
Stranger
Re: cutting.. *DELETED* [Re: temperance]
    #2414434 - 03/10/04 10:07 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Post deleted by 0toxic0

Reason for deletion: No Reason.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#2414929 - 03/10/04 12:17 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

0toxic0 said:
ok im a bit confused....like, you guys r saying that its not really harmful to the person who is cutting, right? i know im not going to die from doing, i know that nothing serious is going to come of this...but why is it so...wrong? like y do people look at it as if its something only crazy people would do...and y r people always trying to 'help' the person who does stuff liek this? also, how do i know if i should get help? and if anyone has any source of information on self injury or watever, can u plz tell me cause i really wnat to know somethings  about it.

Well, if you are cutting because of negative emotion, then it is not good.  And you *can* do yourself some severe and permanant damage with cutting.  It has happened, believe me.  And you're definately not crazy just because you cut.  People only want to help because you don't deserve to hurt yourself.  :heart: 

Since you would like more detailed information on self-injury, check out this site:  Secret Shame

Take care

*me*

InvisibleMazzyStar
C4LC

#2416762 - 03/10/04 08:32 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

yeah i cut myself since i was like 12......i recently stopped and have felt good about it, and i would look at the scars on my body and feel really ashamed for doing it........but today i feel like i want to do it again  :crying: not because i like it, i don't like it, i hate it.......but i just hate myself so much and that is why i have done it...i'm trying extremely hard not to resort back to it, but sometimes i don't know if i can control myself.......
whenever you say you "like it" does that just mean you can't stop doing it? i can't imagine someone enjoying it, it's terrible...
i hope you realize it's a terrible thing to do, but realizing it's a bad thing and actually stopping are 2 different things also..
:crying:

--------------------

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: cutting.. [Re: MazzyStar]
    #2418097 - 03/11/04 03:46 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

Yeah I used to cut myself too but after a while a realised a few things about cutting: You feel worse once the rush wears off, Your fucking up your body even if it's not remotely life threatening and yes it starts to get addictive after a while. I could feel myself enjoying it more and more so I just stopped doing it.

0toxic0 your saying whats wrong with it, well for a start it hurts people around you because they generally do not understand your motivations for shit, plus your just screwing over your body... you may as well get im a cunt tattooed on your forehead, it looks just as bad although maybe that would be slightly amusing.

OfflinespasticSofa
I don't need noinstruction toknow how toROCK!

Loc: eh?
    #2419201 - 03/11/04 01:05 PM (20 years, 22 days ago)

The love of my life was a hardcore cutter. She stills battles with it on occasion, but it doesn't come up to often. I can't tell you if the act of cutting itself is wrong, but I can promise you that if you have even one person in your life that cares about you, it's a terriblle thing to do. I don't think you have any idea how much hurting yourself can hurt the people around you. I've lost more nights of sleep than I care to remember and have shed a tear too many while looking at a fresh slice. Maybe we, the loving observer, just don't understand, but obviously something is fundamentally wrong if it bring us this much pain without ever feeling the blade.

Help yourself, help your loved ones. Clean up.

--------------------

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2420476 - 03/11/04 06:57 PM (20 years, 22 days ago)

You can do what you want, but we're trying to stop you cause alot of us have scars from that stuff.... I really didnt even cut that deep, I just re-opened a wound twice, and all of the sudden I'm wearing long sleeves for the rest of my life... dig?

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #2421349 - 03/11/04 10:44 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

I dont wanna make it sound like I'm making a spectical out of this but I'd never realized how common of a thing this is. I had heard of it before but I had no idea it was this common. Its kind of interesting, I never even thought of ritualized pain as a way of escape. (not that im planning on trying it)

Forgive me but I have to ask. What kind of cuts are we talking about here? I'm sure it varies but like where and how deep are these cuts usually? I dont wanna be insensitive or judging ... im just curious. If this is out of line just let me know.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: cutting.. [Re: Floydian]
    #2421399 - 03/11/04 10:52 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Floydian said:

Forgive me but I have to ask. What kind of cuts are we talking about here? I'm sure it varies but like where and how deep are these cuts usually? I dont wanna be insensitive or judging ... im just curious. If this is out of line just let me know.

SI is a very personal and private thing for me, so I don't feel very comfortable with a detailed reply. 

But the size of the cuts don't matter.  Its the feelings behind the cuts that are most important.  :heart:

Invisibleswm
Stranger
Loc: Ohio
    #2425282 - 03/12/04 07:54 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

I used to cut and some times I still want too.for me the second the blade entered my skin I felt relaxed.It was as if I had nothing to worry about.Everything was calm.Now I have scars all over my biceps and chest.Think before you cut because I did'nt

--------------------
I can't spell and I have poor grammar.The crap I just posted is proof enough.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals