Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Do you think this stem is safe to eat? I have an eigth and only a couple of the stems are infected with this frost/mold on the ends. They smell the same as the other mushrooms and it seems like it hasnt spread to the other mushrooms, but I just wanted to check in with the experts on the forum. On the other side there are golden looking crystals forming on top of the white stuff. Ever see this before? I sure haven't.
That's perfectly normal. day_tripper made a good guess, the "white frost" is just dried mycelium and "golden looking crystals" are just vermiculite pieces, which in this case are just a leftover of the cultivation process. Have a nice trip