Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #23853378 -

CookieCrumbs said:
volcomstoner said:
I'm not sure if I really hate cat's, or if i just hate it when the broads I'm fucking have to anthropomorphize their pets. It's not a child and will never replace one, stop lying to yourself.



You'd teach your child to behave and in a way they'd understand. Or at least try to. But besides litterbox training I've known very few people who even think cats can be trained.



While its not necessarily training, attuning your cat to expending its energy outside will do wonders for its sanity and make it 10000% chiller when its hanging out inside most times.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: mt cleverest] * 1
    #23853384 -

I'm happy with the results of this poll and the general reactions to it. I thought declawing would have been more popular for some reason. There was a trend in the 90 where every cat were declawed and it was the norm.

To me it's animal abuse. We already chop off there balls and tie their tubes. I think that's enough cutting things off the animal.

Then there are others in here who want to take my claws away! Over my dead body!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Patlal]
    #23853424 -

and u still have your kitty ballz too. Tis a good day for Patlal's Kitty Ballz.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 3
    #23853431 -

I think its beyond asshole-ish behavior to declaw a cat. Anyone who does this should commit suicide instantly


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #23853437 -

People who get their cats declawed should have their fingers chopped off while they're at it. Or just get severely beaten then have their hands crushed beyond all recognition with a maul. Fucking piece of shit human garbage who should just off themselves already.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: idiotek]
    #23853480 -

mt cleverest said:
Some breeds of cat can't survive on their own. If I let my ragdoll cat outside he would probable die immediately or be catnapped.



Is that him in your avatar? i can see why you think so. He looks rather slow.

Quote:
idiotek said: I have a large dog and she is a great playmate for it, they make a great time.  The dog handles outdoor critters and the cat handles indoor ones.  Taking their claws is usually a lifelong pain sort of situation which makes them resort to biting (harder) a lot more often than they normally would.



My childhood cat was an utter badass. He'd play with our pitbull and latch on to her neck and kick her face with his back paws. Meanwhile she'd be wagging her tail and yapping at him. :lol: It was fucking cute.

I'd give you 5 :mushroom2: to see a pic of your critters


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Patlal]
    #23853530 -

"Let's cut out their genitals but draw the line at removing their weapons" :rofl: I don't really care one way or another because I don't like cats (see below) and won't have one in my home. Their claws are really never going to have any impact on my life (again) so "meh". I don't really think of it as a totally unnecessary procedure though. Not like cropping a dog's ears or docking it's tail. There is some practicality behind it besides "I don't want it to tear up my furniture".

My grandparents took in an abandoned kitten that my aunt found at her parent's nursery. That cat grew up to be one mean son of a bitch. It used to chase people around the house like a rabid dog. This was when I was really young so I couldn't tell you why it grew up to be so mean, nor why it was kept when it was obviously a very aggressive little shit. One day though, it went far more psycho than normal and it chose me as the target and started attacking my head. I ended up with a lot of stitches (and since I was bleeding so badly it was done without the benefit of any pain meds/anesthesia which is why I now have a phobia of needles) that I otherwise wouldn't have if it were declawed. After it attacked me, my grandparents finally did what they should've done long before then and took it to the pound. I really doubt it found a home so it ended up most likely getting suffocated in a box with 20 other unwanted animals. While I admit those are pretty specific circumstances, there IS an argument to be made FOR declawing. That cat was a real danger to people but if it were declawed the threat would be far less and it just might get to live out it's natural shitty little life.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #23853536 -

My cat still has his balls too. Not going to fuck with him at all.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Patlal]
    #23853542 -

I didn't read anything in this thread so I don't know which way the argument is flowing but declawing cats is inhumane and fucked up.

So many complications associated with this practice and it can cause serious pain for the animal.  Not to mention it can affect the way they walk, change their personality and if they ever get loose they have no way of defending themselves.


Im 200% against declawing cats :mad2:


--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #23853545 -

that's fucked up dude

the cat was obviously abused
feral cats don't act like that

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Konyap]
    #23853551 -

Konyap said:
that's fucked up dude

the cat was obviously abused
feral cats don't act like that




That's what I was thinking.  I have had cats my entire life, since I was little probably have had over 20-30 pet cats since I was a baby and living at home and not once have we had a cat like that.  I have seen cats like that and they were mistreated, misunderstood and abused.


--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #23853559 -

CookieCrumbs said:
mt cleverest said:
Some breeds of cat can't survive on their own. If I let my ragdoll cat outside he would probable die immediately or be catnapped.



Is that him in your avatar? i can see why you think so. He looks rather slow.





Cmon you know that's me. that's fucked up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Herbologist]
    #23853566 -

I've picked up a few ferrals. They do tend to have alot more play and mischief in them than regular domestic cats but I've not seen one with that level of aggression either.

Only time I've seen them get really onry since being people trained is when you fuck with their food.


One kitten I found on the street and nursed to health had a big problem trying to get on people's plates and eat their food (the little shit would dart for it and start eating so fast I'd figure it'd probably eventually choke.) trained that out of him by "eating" a "meal" of cheese covered jalapenos.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #23853586 -

awww

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: mt cleverest]
    #23853587 -

Oh my bad. You look alot more cute than I imagined.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #23853605 -

I have a few cats with  claws, and one without them. I don't get them declawed, I might at some point in life, but. They're cats, bred for our amusement and our amusement only. Breed the claws out.


--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #23853606 -

:lol: I think that's from one of those "bad taxidermy" image collections.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: King Klick]
    #23853607 -

King Klick said:
I have a few cats with  claws, and one without them. I don't get them declawed, I might at some point in life, but. They're cats, bred for our amusement and our amusement only. Breed the claws out.




i hope you don't really feel this way. declawing is practically torture.


--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Herbologist]
    #23853614 -

I think inbreeding an animal until it can no longer function as an animal is cruel. Yeah munchkin cats are cute but they have no balance and come with a host of genetic issues. People are ridiculous when it comes to opinions about aesthetics.

I can only imagine the level of fucked when we start manipulating human genetics on the scale we have with dogs.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #23853655 -

Bill_Oreilly said:
I think its beyond asshole-ish behavior to declaw a cat. Anyone who does this should commit suicide instantly




Thats right, de-beak em! :gameover:


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* girlfriends and cats otis5 2,424 13 11/18/03 08:42 AM
by Anonymous
* ***Wax Cats and Hip-Hop Heads*** Prodijal_Son 1,254 6 03/06/03 04:28 PM
by billy cuts
* Cat and dog IQ test
( 1 2 all )
enotake2 5,390 26 09/03/08 03:24 AM
by Linux
* Projectile Cat Vomit Repton 524 0 10/08/04 10:19 AM
by Repton
* Cat vs Dog... Why?
( 1 2 all )
Samuel 5,484 31 10/22/05 11:54 AM
by Colonel Kurtz Ph.D
* My cat is so good to me
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 3,261 24 03/01/04 10:48 PM
by Kingkole
* My cat vibrates his tail! What does it mean?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 14,452 21 07/21/04 06:04 PM
by smurfette
* My Cat Has Cancer
( 1 2 all )
boxtop703 4,398 20 01/17/03 04:56 AM
by Bavet

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,734 topic views. 6 members, 190 guests and 339 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.