Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Canadian Jesus]
    #23852701 -

I think its horrible.

My cat has her claws.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: mt cleverest]
    #23852709 -

mt cleverest said:
My cat loves to bite all my wires. I would consider de toothing before declawing. De toothing cats is more humane than declawing.




all it takes if for them to bite the ones coming from the walls and that shit sorts it's self out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #23852733 -

I'm not sure if I really hate cat's, or if i just hate it when the broads I'm fucking have to anthropomorphize their pets. It's not a child and will never replace one, stop lying to yourself.


--------------------

HAIL SATAN

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: volcomstoner]
    #23852742 -

Just kill them, easier.
Dick


--------------------
"When eating shit, it is best not to nibble.  Bite, Chew. Swallow. Repeat."
"If you're making love to your old lady, someone else is fucking her"
"Douchebags are children who never grew up, like Sheeklette, we should pity them."
[quote]Niffla said:
[quote]A.RichardTrickle said:
Dick[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/v/kbwNUOUy-3c[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: volcomstoner] * 1
    #23852758 -

To me it's like pulling out all your teeth and saying "well you don't need your teeth. Plenty of soft food you can gum mash." and then something happens and you get stranded and hope someone will be nice enough to chew up your MRE or squirrel for you.


I got in the middle of a cat fight once (a literal one) and I picked of of them up and she sliced my forearm up so bad I had to explain to more than a few people it wasn't a suicide attempt. I didn't ask my gf to get the cat declawed. I picked its ass up by the scruff and shook and yelled at it while I was bleeding and then held her with my one good arm till I was certain she would be submissive. We had a few more training sessions but she never did scratch me again.


IAW training your pets. And if you can't then you shouldn't have pets.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: volcomstoner]
    #23852760 -

volcomstoner said:
I'm not sure if I really hate cat's, or if i just hate it when the broads I'm fucking have to anthropomorphize their pets. It's not a child and will never replace one, stop lying to yourself.



You'd teach your child to behave and in a way they'd understand. Or at least try to. But besides litterbox training I've known very few people who even think cats can be trained.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #23852787 -

I train my cats to conduct espionage, they're ruthless killers.
Taking away their claws would be counterproductive.


Cats have been around in households forever to eat rodents, they do a good job at it and declawing them / locking them indoors just turns them into useless bags of fat like those soulless beady-eyed frufru purse dogs (Pomeranians, Chihuahuas, etc)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Repertoire89]
    #23852855 -

Agreed. I don't see why we can't let pets be animals. Just cuz they're our companions doesn't mean they're completely malleable into whatever we want. Cat tears up your furniture buy a scratching post. That's how they manicure themselves. Cat scratches you do something it doesn't like (I support the spray bottle method.) and if that fails there are other methods but most times ime when they're little hellions it's cuz theyre fucking bored and their owner doesn't let them play and explore, as is in their nature.


You guys remember that cat that attacked the family and they called 911? it passed through another owner before coming to an experienced owner who understands cat behavior. Last I saw the cat didn't scratch anyone and would let the lady pick him up and sit in her lap and stuff.


So many people wanna call animals evil and it sadly is often because they don't understand animals and their examples of evil pets is almost always a case of an animal owned by someone who is just as ignorant.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 3
    #23852870 -

CookieCrumbs said:
To me it's like pulling out all your teeth and saying "well you don't need your teeth. Plenty of soft food you can gum mash." and then something happens and you get stranded and hope someone will be nice enough to chew up your MRE or squirrel for you..




pre-chewed squirrel... sounds like something quite marketable in the south

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #23852879 -

CookieCrumbs said:
Cat scratches you do something it doesn't like (I support the spray bottle method.



That works for awhile, they get used to it eventually but they should be well behaved by then.
You can also blow on their ears  :lol:

Cats require almost no maintenance, all you have to do is leave it food and not kill it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #23852907 -

Cats should have claws, people that declaw their cats should be bound, gagged, and shot.


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Lucis]
    #23853181 -

that sig photo thou :rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #23853216 -

Against it. My cats are very much outdoor cats and need that shit to survive. While they are in indoors, there's plenty of designated scratching materials for them to use.


--------------------
You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note.  ~Doug Floyd
Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #23853217 -

My parents had our cats declawed while I was growing up, but I would never declaw, personally.

Most veterinarians advise against it, as you're literally taking away part of their paw not just the nail. Cats have claws for a reason.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: x Ju x]
    #23853231 -

In much of europe declawing cats is considered animal abuse, like debeaking chickens.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Asante] * 2
    #23853256 -

It's only going to cause worse behavioral issues down the road.  The cats I've had weren't declawed but had only small issues with needing to sharpen them on inconvenient surfaces, so I stapled some small inexpensive rugs to rough corners of our laundry room and she uses those as a scratching post.  She barely ever uses her claws to play, and if she starts to, you know it's time to probably leave her alone.  She has caught countless mice and probably keeps many more away.  I have a large dog and she is a great playmate for it, they make a great time.  The dog handles outdoor critters and the cat handles indoor ones.  Taking their claws is usually a lifelong pain sort of situation which makes them resort to biting (harder) a lot more often than they normally would.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: idiotek] * 1
    #23853291 -

I think it's wrong. I also think having an "indoor" cat is wrong.

Cats are cool they descend from lions and shit. Natural predators. I was so happy when my cat brought home a rat and a bird in one day. Shit good work little homie I don't even know how you catch a bird. :lol:


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #23853307 -

Some breeds of cat can't survive on their own. If I let my ragdoll cat outside he would probable die immediately or be catnapped.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: mt cleverest]
    #23853313 -

I've always had predator cats. As that's why we had them. First cat we ever had was for a mouse problem. We didn't have a mouse problem anymore.

But I guess I've never much considered that we bred them to uselessness like freaking chihuahuas.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your thoughts on declawing cats? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #23853320 -

Yeah he's definitely useless. The only thing he has to offer is his cuteness, that is how he survives. but he's on thin ice right now because as I said he has been biting my cords and meowing way too much lately.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* girlfriends and cats otis5 2,424 13 11/18/03 08:42 AM
by Anonymous
* ***Wax Cats and Hip-Hop Heads*** Prodijal_Son 1,254 6 03/06/03 04:28 PM
by billy cuts
* Cat and dog IQ test
( 1 2 all )
enotake2 5,390 26 09/03/08 03:24 AM
by Linux
* Projectile Cat Vomit Repton 524 0 10/08/04 10:19 AM
by Repton
* Cat vs Dog... Why?
( 1 2 all )
Samuel 5,484 31 10/22/05 11:54 AM
by Colonel Kurtz Ph.D
* My cat is so good to me
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 3,261 24 03/01/04 10:48 PM
by Kingkole
* My cat vibrates his tail! What does it mean?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 14,452 21 07/21/04 06:04 PM
by smurfette
* My Cat Has Cancer
( 1 2 all )
boxtop703 4,398 20 01/17/03 04:56 AM
by Bavet

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,734 topic views. 10 members, 19 guests and 127 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.